Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:19   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!

Terrano Will Come in 4-Wheel Drive & All 3 Engine Tunes of Duster.

Terrano will come in both petrol and diesel, with the 1.5L K9K diesel engine getting the 85PS and 110PS specs.

Terrano, most probably,is speculated a September launch.

http://motorbash.com/4x4-lovers-terr...nes-of-duster/
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:46   #242
R.G
BHPian

As per Nissan India's tweet , the teaser pics of the interiors will soon be released . Hope the Terrano interiors turns out better than what Duster has to offer.

Source : https://twitter.com/nissan_india/sta...63221704769536
R.G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 09:53   #243
BHPian

I have said this before and I will repeat again. If the Terrano is going to be priced above the Duster, Nissan may as well find some ingenious way of making this a proper 7-seater. Else, I only see Duster gathering more dust in the showrooms or Terrano gathering dust. This will highly unlikely take market share away from any other player.
Old 24th July 2013, 13:24   #244
R.G
BHPian

Logically Terrano will be pricier than Duster. 7 seater or not , the vehicle should be equipped for the money it asks for ( better interiors to name one ), rather than giving something similar to what is in offer with Duster.

If Terrano addresses majority of what Duster lacks , it should sell in good numbers.
R.G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 19:19   #245
BHPian

Hope the Terrano also doesn't fizzle out like the Micra twins!
Nissan better get serious portfolio in India
They better get serious than badge engineering!
Old 29th July 2013, 19:51   #246
R.G
BHPian

Somehow I feel , Nissan Terrano is not creating the buzz that Nissan might want it to have.

I could find a lot of Ford , Toyota , Fiat , Tata,...... loyalists in this Forum and I seldom come across any Nissan fan here.

As a person who likes Duster , I am very excited about the Terrano release. I dont see the same excitement on the forum though.One reason I can think of is , as it is a copy of an already released product and everyone knows inside out of the same and nobody expects anything spectacular from what you already have in Duster.

Apart from that , what could it be ?

How is Nissan as a brand perceived globally ?
Old 29th July 2013, 20:34   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
Somehow I feel , Nissan Terrano is not creating the buzz that Nissan might want it to have.

I could find a lot of Ford , Toyota , Fiat , Tata,...... loyalists in this Forum and I seldom come across any Nissan fan here.

As a person who likes Duster , I am very excited about the Terrano release. I dont see the same excitement on the forum though.One reason I can think of is , as it is a copy of an already released product and everyone knows inside out of the same and nobody expects anything spectacular from what you already have in Duster.

I am also keenly awaiting release of Terrano.Nissan SUVs have very good reputation all over world and can be compared with Toyota. Terrano will have different wheelbase. To my information (from insider)it could be 2630 mm. Also it will be offered with all wheel drive as well as two wheel drive version. Engine options will be the same as Duster but off road capability will be strengthen further leading to higher vehicle price than the Duster.
koushik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 21:01   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nissan is considered to be one of the sturdiest brand worldwide. Remember the Jongas & 1 tonners of the Indian Army, all Nissan

I am not enthusiastic abut the Duster given the dimensions but would rush to buy the Nissan rebadged avatar.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 21:29   #249
BHPian

Quote:

Nissan is an OK brand worldwide, nothing special. It's like Suzuki, they make good cars but that's about it.

The only real cars they are known for is the Skyline GTR and the Path finder series.

In India Nissan is running a very clueless ship and that is the reason there is no buzz about the Terrano, How many Indian's really care about badge engineered products?.

I guess Nissan has a long way to go, or they need a really Kick ass product before Indians start to get up and notice the brand. The hype will gradually follow. And contrary to what Nissan believes Datsun is not the answer.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 22:01   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Logically Terrano will be pricier than Duster. 7 seater or not , the vehicle should be equipped for the money it asks for ( better interiors to name one ), rather than giving something similar to what is in offer with Duster.

If Terrano addresses majority of what Duster lacks , it should sell in good numbers.
I agree, the interior is comparable to a nice finish, it would be defiantly be a car i would buy
Old 29th July 2013, 22:09   #251
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Nissan is an OK brand worldwide, nothing special. It's like Suzuki, they make good cars but that's about it.
Nissan as a brand is a way ahead of Suzuki. Nissan also has the Infinity Brand for top end cars. Suzuki does not exist in North America and without India may have even vanished.

Here are the North America June figures which shows that Nissan is not just an "OK Brand". Nissan Altima is the 9th in the list of selling car for June'13 in USA.

http://wap.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2...autosales.html

Please see Ajmat's thread on the Alliance Tour ........

Quote:
Objective of this tour was to understand more about the Renault Nissan Alliance operations and future India plans. Note - this thread will have very little pictures but a lot of data!
Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 22:24   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Nissan as a brand is a way ahead of Suzuki. Nissan also has the Infinity Brand for top end cars. Suzuki does not exist in North America and without India may have even vanished.

Here are the North America June figures which shows that Nissan is not just an "OK Brand". Nissan Altima is the 9th in the list of selling car for June'13 in USA.

Please see Ajmat's thread on the Alliance Tour ........

Cheers

KPS
Nissan maybe ahead of Suzuki in terms of sales but that does not make it anything special. I saw your sales figures and guess what the brand NISSAN has one car in the top 20, so again nothing special.

Infiniti again is just a desperate attempt to compete with the Acura and the Lexus brands no wonder they do not enjoy the same traction as of their competitors.

And I read Ajmats points, he himself has contradicted many statements made by the Renault Nissan Alliance.

I to be honest find this whole alliance's claims to a wonderful world of Nissan, Renault and Datsun cars to be a bit far fetched and best had with a generous helping of salt.

One car, just one of this alliance has been successful in our market and they are jumping like they have already conquered India. Nissan started in 2005 has 5 cars in its portfolio including three in the heavy moving segments and still can not make a strong leeway into the market.

The Duster, is more expensive in Chennai (where it is made) than the UK(the Duster is exported to the UK from the factory at Chennai). I remember a point in Ajmats coverage that the want to peg the Duster as a Premium product in India and a utilitarian in the UK. What is so premium in the Duster that we Indians should fork out so much more. That Renault diamond must be worth its weight in gold I guess.
Old 29th July 2013, 22:31   #253
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Globally among Japanese makers the brand perception is Toyota>Honda>Nissan>Subaru>Mitsubishi>Suzuki.

Suzuki cannot be compared with Nissan,they may be popular in India but not globally.
Old 29th July 2013, 22:52   #254
Senior - BHPian

I don't think many have a difference of opinion on Nissan's performance in India. But....

May be, we should also check how these brands fare on their home turf. http://www.jama-english.jp/statistic...ile_production

And may be, statistics should substitute perceptions, and sales a direct indicator to success, I'm not to comment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry

And I do not think Nissan was manufacturing vehicles locally till 2010. I could be wrong though.

May be we also should stick more to Terrano than Nissan.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 23:12   #255
BHPian

Nissan is a decently renowned brand worldwide

But i am disappointed with nissan offerings to indians

Any enthusiasts out here since the days of premier fiat would know about the ne118 which had a nissan engine and nissan gearbox and those who have driven that car woud know that nissan current offerings are not as smooth as they are capable of

Not to ofend anyone but in dec 12 i was on the lookout for a sedan for my sis marriage and the worst of the lot i found were etios petrol and sunny petrol (search was only for petrol sedan)

There was no coordination in the engine and gearbox and both were awfully crude in sunny

Compare the micra with swift or a honda petrol and again same story

Diesels offerings of nissan in india are courtesey renault so why feel passionate for nissan

Please note its my opinion and honestly when nissan was about to launch in india i was eager purely bcoz of the nostalgia of the super refined engine and gearbox in 118 ne

Nissan in india is another story of bringing old or rather poor offerings to india
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks