Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 11:28   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptimanraje View Post
I have heard that it will be named x-storm and will be launched in the next 2 months. Hope they improve the quality of the interiors.
Having seen them with Micra-Pulse and Sunny-Scala. Dont expect any changes to interiors. Nissan version will be slightly cheaper too if we go by above pricing logic of other cars they share. So I wonder what feature can they cut from Duster interior ?

I wish they remove the real AC unit as it will free up some space at rear
Cant think of anything else. Renault has hardly given us anything. (Except say 110BHP engine). I feel if they provide Micra dashboard, it will look more premium over that of duster.

BTW, Is this launch date Concrete ? My Brother in law is sold on Duster and will mostly make booking by May end. He is told that all colors except the Brown are available in 1-2 weeks. If the Nissan duster is coming in June i can ask him to wait. But My guess is, they are waiting for EcoSport launch to decide on their pricing strategy

Last edited by rajshenoy : 15th May 2013 at 11:30.
Old 24th May 2013, 13:38   #92
Team-BHP Support

For the first time I see a news item which claims Nissan version of Duster may be pricier. This kind of makes sense. Given the fact they there is news floating around that the Niisan version would have better quality of build, it puts two and two together.

http://www.dnaindia.com/money/183880...o-double-sales

What it means from a marketing point of view, is a different track.

Last edited by ampere : 24th May 2013 at 13:39.
Old 24th May 2013, 14:03   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
For the first time I see a news item which claims Nissan version of Duster may be pricier. This kind of makes sense. Given the fact they there is news floating around that the Niisan version would have better quality of build, it puts two and two together.

http://www.dnaindia.com/money/183880...o-double-sales

What it means from a marketing point of view, is a different track.
Amp,

You know I am one of those who always hoped that the Nissan's version would be less expensive than the duster (wishful thinking!).

My thought was that Renault & Nissan were waiting to see how the ecosport would pan out and then come up with a strategy to counter that threat.

Say, Ecosport becomes a run-away success (hypothetically),
  1. Either improve the interiors of the duster and price similarly or
  2. Keep it same as the duster with minor changes and price it lower than the duster.

Given that Renault is positioning itself as a premium brand than Nissan, the above should have been possible.

However, since they are thinking of positioning the Nissan's duster higher than it's Renault counterpart, may be they've intelligence inputs that the Ecosport is going to be priced by Ford such that the Duster twins will be unaffected. Me thinks..
Old 24th May 2013, 14:08   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Given that Renault is positioning itself as a premium brand than Nissan, the above should have been possible.
@naut, My logic is just one point:

- Nissan wants to do a better quality Duster with better interiors. And at the same time they want to price it lower than the Duster?
- That would kill Renault Duster. Hence I dont think we may see this happening
- That is why I was always of opinion, if Nissan does a better product than Renault Duster they have to price it higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Unless ofcourse, they down price the Renault Duster.
This is something which can happen. Renault-Nissan may bring the Renault-Duster back to its original launch pricing and introduce the Nissan-Duster at the current price of Renault Duster.

Last edited by ampere : 24th May 2013 at 14:26.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 14:12   #95
Senior - BHPian

If the Nissan's Duster is priced higher than Renaults, even with better interiors, the pricepoint it will be hitting, there could not be many takers.

Unless ofcourse, they down price the Renault Duster.
Old 24th May 2013, 14:48   #96
Senior - BHPian

Why would Nissan and Renault versions of Duster add up to more? I don't see anything that different and they might steal each others customers.

Duster can only be made better. If not, not sure why would someone buy a Nissan version.
Old 24th May 2013, 14:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

Considering the Brand Positioning, the pricing with Nissan will have to be less than Renault. If we look at the trend - Micra vs Pulse, Sunny vs Scala. The Renault pricing is higher than comparable versions of Nissan.
Old 24th May 2013, 14:59   #98
Senior - BHPian

If they say it'll be priced higher, it may just be priced higher after all. Important thing to see is how well equipped is it when it hits the showrooms. The Duster lacks basic equipment which Nissan's version of Duster will and probably should get.

And even if it's priced higher, it is still going to be perceived as an SUV much much cheaper than the likes of a CRV, Fortuner etc. So I am sure finding buyers won't be a problem for Nissan!
Old 24th May 2013, 16:22   #99
BHPian

I expect Nissan version of Duster to be dearer. From business point of view usually such tie up in sharing badge engineered products, the second launched product has to be priced higher than the first one. Nissan might compensate this price difference with some added features !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- That is why I was always of opinion, if Nissan does a better product than Renault Duster they have to price it higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Considering the Brand Positioning, the pricing with Nissan will have to be less than Renault. If we look at the trend - Micra vs Pulse, Sunny vs Scala. The Renault pricing is higher than comparable versions of Nissan.
Old 24th May 2013, 18:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

That is a possibility, since there is a lot of scope for improvement in the duster. However such a pricing will take the duster (Nissan version) in the XUV league which will really not make sense.
Old 4th June 2013, 11:07   #101
Senior - BHPian

Nissan NH79..aka Nissan Duster :)

Interesting news..

Heard from a source that the Nissan's version of the Renault Duster is in the making.

Read about it here:

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...urce=Subscribe

Cheers
headers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 11:15   #102
AVT
BHPian

Re: Nissan NH79..aka Nissan Duster :)

Lets hope they bring in a 4WD version this time. It would be a very capable SUV.
Old 4th June 2013, 11:16   #103
BHPian

Re: Nissan NH79..aka Nissan Duster :)

The Renault Duster seems to be having a party all by itself currently. But come Q3 2013 it will the ford ecosport and this car for company. It can get crowded real quick!
Old 6th June 2013, 23:17   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan's version of Duster will be called the TERRANO.

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20130607122304_nissan_duster_final.jpg

Nissan has resurrected the Terrano moniker, which it had given to an earlier-generation mid-size SUV launched way back in 1993.
Terrano will be priced approximately Rs 50,000-75,000 more than the Duster, which is contrary to the current trend where Nissan’s are priced lower than their equivalent Renault models.

The Terrano will be launched by the end of this year

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/News/345...s-terrano.aspx

Last edited by karan561 : 6th June 2013 at 23:25.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 23:59   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

I like Nissan's front a lot more than the duster for sure. But how good will be this car if priced at 50k more than the Duster? Duster already is getting overpriced and this would make the Nissan version almost touch the XUV/Innova territory in terms of pricing. Will people still find VFM in them then?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks