Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 14:09   #1411
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
Other than the Ciaz, I doubt if any other car in the current Maruti stable needs anything more than a 1.3 MJD with VGT.
The S cross that Maruti is bringing to India is with the 1.6 MJD in Europe but we are not sure yet with which diesel engine they will launch it here.

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th May 2014 at 14:19.
Old 30th May 2014, 15:11   #1412
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

What the article doesn't mention is that Fiat has also committed for India, and globally, an all-new Avventura, on a new platform, also, like the Jeeps for 2016. It will presumably share a fair bit with the Jeep b-suv, starting with engines and transmissions.

In any case buyers looking for performance-with-decent-mileage need look no further than the T-jet, a very great pleasure to own!

Because I do not believe the 1.5/1.6 mjd will come before next year (for applications in the Linea, S-Cross, Abarth Punto, Ciaz?)
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:34   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Abarth 500 review on zigwheels :

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/18678/

160PS power and 230 NM torque !

Last edited by sdp1975 : 3rd June 2014 at 15:38.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:40   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Guys I jumped off my couch the moment I saw the new Fiat Ad on Nat Geo just a moment back !!

It showcased the Punto with New Dashboard, like the one on the New Linea. Ofcourse it also had the new Linea present.

But What really Blew me away was a Sun-roof on Red Punto !!!

I know it is asking for a lot but Fiat will blow the competition to smithereens if they get this on the new Punto.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 3rd June 2014 at 17:42.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 01:01   #1415
BHPian

Hi.

Man, I don't know how many folks there are out there in the Great Indian Auto Bazaar, but I'd have been willing to plump upto a lakh or more than I did for the T-jet emotion for an Absolute Edition of the new Linea, with say panoramic sunroof, and/or 2-3 more airbags and/or the dualogic AMT. Fiat have missed a trick here with the launch of the new Linea.

Those buying Fiat Linea-s in the first place, and at all are just the sort to stretch for such compelling, sensible added-value.

This is something they need to do with all their future launches: have an Absolute-type edition, with D-segment levels of good, sensible equipment eg., 4-6 airbags rather than just two etc. If they do, I bet they'll be surprised at the incremental sales they will garner.
Old 4th June 2014, 01:37   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Guys I jumped off my couch the moment I saw the new Fiat Ad on Nat Geo just a moment back !!

It showcased the Punto with New Dashboard, like the one on the New Linea. Ofcourse it also had the new Linea present.

But What really Blew me away was a Sun-roof on Red Punto !!!

I know it is asking for a lot but Fiat will blow the competition to smithereens if they get this on the new Punto.
That would be droolworthy!! I would still like to see that on a linea too along with a triptronic auto tranny. I think I would be first in line to buy that.
Old 4th June 2014, 08:32   #1417
BANNED

New Punto July launch confirmed? (Zigwheels)
Quote:
Fiat India has confirmed that it will launch the all-new Fiat Punto in July. Although initial indications suggested the Punto being launched at the end of 2014, Fiat has preponed the car so it can combat the likes of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Hyundai i20. The new Fiat will be available with two petrol engines, a 1.2-litre and 1.4-litre along with the tried and tested 1.3-litre Multijet engine.
rsidd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 09:15   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
Hmm... if its July then its just in time for my planned purchase.. Punto 1.4 Petrol maybe? Wish it had been a T-Jet though.
Old 4th June 2014, 10:55   #1419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Hmm... if its July then its just in time for my planned purchase.. Punto 1.4 Petrol maybe? Wish it had been a T-Jet though.
Yes, my source too confirms the launch in July. The dates though not finalized yet. Lets see what more I get out of him when I meet him sometime this week.
Old 4th June 2014, 11:06   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

Yes, my source too confirms the launch in July. The dates though not finalized yet. Lets see what more I get out of him when I meet him sometime this week.
Its about time they do launch the New Punto.

nkrishnap please get your source to say 'Yes, its a 1.4 T-jet this time around for Punto', even if its just for FUN !!
Old 4th June 2014, 11:48   #1421
BHPian

Am looking at a new ride and want that to be a fiat this time, drool over the T-jet Linea but parking slot constraints is a spoiler. The new Punto looks mouthwatering, can current Fiat owners pls confirm the following

How is the build quality like? In safety terms, would I be missing out much if I have to settle for the Punto instead of the Linea as safety is a key requirement

Hows the back seat space and comfort and ride quality like (have test driven the Linea and loved its 'on-rails' feel) does the Punto match up (even if not completely with the Linea) in this regard? Handling is of course best in class

The sport pricetag goes into Linea territory and hence ruled out, ruling out the 1.4 petrol as for a small premium I can get the Emotion 1.3 and get a remap done. Just thinking if I can get the Dynamic and forego the air bags, alloys and fatter tyres (want the first and the third but just in case if pursestrings are tight)

Any ideas?
Old 4th June 2014, 11:55   #1422
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
How is the build quality like? In safety terms, would I be missing out much if I have to settle for the Punto instead of the Linea as safety is a key requirement
Outstanding. I'm not sure how it compares with the Polo, but other than that it's the most solid hatch around.

Quote:
Hows the back seat space and comfort and ride quality like (have test driven the Linea and loved its 'on-rails' feel) does the Punto match up (even if not completely with the Linea) in this regard? Handling is of course best in class
Back seat is probably a bit more cramped than Linea, but much depends on how the front seat is positioned. You should test it out. Handling is brilliant, the only point is that the turning radius is a bit more (5.4m) than most other hatches. But you get used to that, at least I did.

Quote:
Just thinking if I can get the Dynamic and forego the air bags, alloys and fatter tyres (want the first and the third but just in case if pursestrings are tight)
If you're serious about safety you want the airbags. Alloys are strictly optional, of course. My Punto (2010) came with rather shoddy JK tyres, I replaced them in a little over 2 years with MRF ZLO. I also needed to replace the battery (Exide) in that timeframe. Not sure what the new Puntos come equipped with. But other than those two, there has been nothing wrong with the car in nearly 4 years now...
rsidd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 12:12   #1423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The build quality is like a tank. Try closing the Punto door casually and it wont. The thunk sound is so reassuring. If you opt for top end variant i.e Emotion you wont miss out anything from safety point.

Quote:
Hows the back seat space and comfort and ride quality like (have test driven the Linea and loved its 'on-rails' feel) does the Punto match up (even if not completely with the Linea) in this regard?
Back seat in Punto comfortably sits three unless someone defies the space of one seat. The ride quality is top notch and as you already said the handling is segment leading. The only thing missing from Linea is the huge boot.

Quote:
The sport pricetag goes into Linea territory and hence ruled out, ruling out the 1.4 petrol as for a small premium I can get the Emotion 1.3 and get a remap done. Just thinking if I can get the Dynamic and forego the air bags, alloys and fatter tyres (want the first and the third but just in case if pursestrings are tight)
I would suggest to atleast go for the Dynamic variant which has ABS as the basic safety feature. But with Emotion you get lot more than just the enhanced safety features like Blue & me, Auto climate control, rear wiper etc. If you have the budget then you might even think of 90HP one. I would suggest wait for the refreshed model to be launched (sometime in July), you might be lucky to get a hefty discount on 90 HP or on 75HP emotion variant.

Last edited by ghodlur : 4th June 2014 at 12:13. Reason: Spell check
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 15:39   #1424
BHPian

Rumour has it: Fiat will continue to sell the current Punto as a kind of 'classic' edition, at great prices of course. I think they should, this car has designand build that is ageless, it will sell half-decently, new Punto + Avventura or not.
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 15:59   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Can you also extract some information from him on Avventura launch date? Is it confirmed at December, or can we hope for an earlier launch that is...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks