Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 18:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Thanks Parry for the wonderful Pics ...

List of disappointments
1) Plastics - can be fixed aftermarket
2) Rear Leg Room - Hmm.. need to take a call .. subjective
3) Build Quality (Come on Ford this is your first showcase, can't you do basic checks) ... surprised
4) Launch date .

Parry/GTO,
Can you share your views, also a duster comparison.
Old 15th March 2013, 18:27   #32
BHPian

Why is the trunk/dicky door opening at the wrong side [as per Right Hand standards/tradition] ? Is this to avoid bothering the traffic while parking in the left side of the road ?

Prem.
Old 15th March 2013, 18:29   #33
BHPian

As mentioned by others this is a total disappointment. Now i am seriously considering the refurbished Liva or Amaze.
Old 15th March 2013, 18:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Why is the trunk/dicky door opening at the wrong side [as per Right Hand standards/tradition] ? Is this to avoid bothering the traffic while parking in the left side of the road ?

Prem.
That's another cost-cutting measure to save money from re-engineering those door hinges and latch points for the RHD Indian market. Also, the tail lamp that holds the boot button need to be revised to enable such a change.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 18:39   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
no wonder Ford is going to price it aggressively considering the cheap quality,looks like it has borrowed parts from Tata Nano.I see no point in buying the ecosport as soon as it is launched considering the fact that many customers will point out the poor quality seats and plastics and Ford is known to take note of all failure points once the product is launched and improve it in the new lot,so i don`t mind waiting for a much improved ecosport to be launched in the Indian market,one can see helluva difference between the materials used in Indian ecosport and the European ecosport.
I can state with conviction that the plastics used in my 2010 Tata Nano Standard model looks better than in evidence here.
Old 15th March 2013, 18:41   #36
BHPian

Frankly, I am not that disappointed. We here at Tbhp have an eagle eye to details not so much is the general car buyer, not that he will not see these negatives on quality, but there are millions in India who will ignore it if the product is priced right. Good example is M&M products. So it all boils down to pricing now. Now that we have seen the interior quality it is more believable the price will start around 5-6 lakhs. The shocker will be if it does not!
zulfi hansi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 18:45   #37
BHPian

Oh my God, you guys haven't even seen the car in flesh and already pitch forks out and flames at the ready.

I was just speaking to a friend who had gone to see it at Saket and he says it is a thing of beauty and something to look at. Even interiors according to him were quite nice. The car at Saket was the same vehicle seen testing around Gurgaon. According to him the price is also going to be a compelling factor for people to buy an Ecosport.

Just remember how everyone moaned at the Dusters interiors and still it turned out to be a game changer for Renault. Give it a break people, see the car yourself and then decide.
eq24 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 18:45   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

I am a bit apprehensive regarding this from day 1. And just like its sedan cousin this might not be able to match the interest its generated before its launch ( one of the longest thread). The car has its pros and cons. The only thing left to see now is how does FORD price it after taking such a long time in launching it. Give us a killer launch price and you might have a winner in your hands.
Old 15th March 2013, 18:45   #39
BHPian

I would also echo everyone's sentiments here ,the interiors are really disappointing..

I was aspiring to book/own an a/t ecosport and now i am in two minds

Assuming ecosport a/t would be cost around 12lakhs (on road) i might as well buy the verna (gives a premium feel to that kind of money spent)
Old 15th March 2013, 18:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
As mentioned by others this is a total disappointment. Now i am seriously considering the refurbished Liva or Amaze.
IMHO the interiors look far better than the Liva, and if the Amaze is coming with Brio interiors, then there is nothing premium in that as well, Ford build quality will be far superior to these cars hands down. I suggest you wait for the pricing of Ecosport.
Old 15th March 2013, 18:48   #41
BHPian

Thanks Parrys for the update. Very disappointed though. So many flaws on a vehicle used for the official launch ? What would be the fate of the commercial vehicle to be sold ? Quite shocking
Old 15th March 2013, 18:54   #42

Ok.. so, this is what an actual Ford EcoSport looks like. Gosh..what a disappointment. Unfortunately, the overkill of media blitz & selective leaks and heightened interest, SURPRISINGLY, makes even the exterior looks not-so-appealing now. Don't get me started on the interiors. Can someone please let me know about the other features? On the other hand... this will ensure that the price would be pretty reasonable and the saved money could go into adding bells & whistles from the after market. But, despite this so-called initial negative sentiment, this car will sell like hotcakes...coz, the Indian consumer is very price conscious and for those who want the finer things, after market will take up that space quickly, if there is a demand. Indians as a tribe are warming up real fast to SUVs (even if they are mini) and that will ensure good looks will make this fly out of the shelf. If you are someone who knows a bit more than others...
1. Wait for the initial mad rush to get over.
2. Let Ford act on the feedback.
3. Let them fix the minor issues (there won't be many).
4. Maybe throw in a better seat cover or something.
5. Or even slightly improve the texture of the plastic or the colour or the webbing on them or all of these, w/o much increase in cost.

What is it with the Orange colour only mantra?

The vehicle will be displayed in Inorbit Mall, Hyderabad from the 19 - 21 April 2013.
Old 15th March 2013, 19:07   #43
BHPian

First impression is great.

Thanks parry, for these pictures. Though not offical test drive report yet, a lot of nitty gritties were covered by you.

Interior to my understanding is ok. We anyways end up installing seat covers etc hence i won't mind for the stock not-so-good seat cover if other things for the price are VFM.

Leg room in the front seems nice.

Now success-failure depends on price tag.

I guess there would be enough takers for petrol as well (count me in).

However I have apprehensions about Ecoboost engine's time-tested-ness.
Old 15th March 2013, 19:08   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks parrys for bringing up close the most awaited urban SUV. However, it failed to impress considering the hype it created. Rear leg room also doesn't promise anything great to write home about. Most disappointing is the absence of under body plates and the quality of plastics. Ford, you let us down, BIG TIME!!
Old 15th March 2013, 19:11   #45
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Has the production of EcoSport commenced? Because this looks like press vehicle, which generally suffer with poor fit and finish.

@parrys can you please clarify what you mean by production ready? These clearly look like press vehicles. Thanks!

And there is nothing EcoBOOST about that engine bay, I stand by parrys comment on engine cover.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2013 at 20:14. Reason: Removing quoted post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks