Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2014, 17:56   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spare Part Price List of cars that are sold here

Quote:
Originally Posted by smukherjee View Post
Badly damaged my new i20 right rear door today while getting out of my parking.H.A.S.S personnel took a look and said the door needs to be replaced.
How bad is bad? Can you post a picture? And yes, do get a second opinion from either Sai Colorium or Trend Automobiles.

I ask because I'm curious just how much/severe damage you can cause at parking speeds? (Unless you do something like hit a metal angle/gate that tears the sheet metal of the door)
Old 23rd September 2014, 18:39   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

2006 Hyundai Getz 1.3 petrol (non-prime)

Air filter: Rs. 199
Oil filter: Rs. 155 (apparently compatible with Hyundai Accent also)
Inner door handle: Rs. 684 (for 1 handle)
Fog lamp: Rs. 815 (for 1 lamp, a set/pair costs double)

All the above items are authentic/OEM and were purchased from Hyundai Mobis's authorized store, more details on this thread.

I also ordered a cabin air filter (for the AC) from Ebay.in, which came to Rs. 450.

On Ebay, I also saw the oil filter/air filter being sold, but the prices quoted there were higher: Rs. 410 for the air filter and Rs. 380 for the oil filter. So, try to get it from Hyundai Mobis directly, only failing which try other sources.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:09   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
How bad is bad? Can you post a picture? And yes, do get a second opinion from either Sai Colorium or Trend Automobiles.

I ask because I'm curious just how much/severe damage you can cause at parking speeds? (Unless you do something like hit a metal angle/gate that tears the sheet metal of the door)
Did not take a pic - was a very sad sight and did not feel like taking one. I'll post a pic of my parking lot someday - it's the tightest I've ever encountered - pillars at an angle and blocked by cars from 3 sides (when full). This fateful day one of those cars had parked a little out of their zone. In an attempt to avoid contact I strayed too close to one of the angled pillars and it got jammed against the right rear door. It was a bit of a struggle dis-entangling the car from that tight spot - resulting in multiple dents all over the door and a long red-painted streak. By far the worst I've damaged a car in my 12 year driving career. And a new car!
I wanted the door to be replaced as well, just as the SA suggested - PDR or superficial repairs wouldn't have satisfied me.
Old 24th September 2014, 12:11   #409
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Need a clutch and flywheel replacement for my 2010 1.8 tsi Passat. Any idea on the costs involved??
Old 24th September 2014, 15:02   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smukherjee View Post
Did not take a pic - was a very sad sight and did not feel like taking one. In an attempt to avoid contact I strayed too close to one of the angled pillars and it got jammed against the right rear door. It was a bit of a struggle dis-entangling the car from that tight spot - resulting in multiple dents all over the door and a long red-painted streak. I wanted the door to be replaced as well, just as the SA suggested - PDR or superficial repairs wouldn't have satisfied me.
I know how it feels to damage a new car, and the urge to get it back to a pristine state rather than do repairs. But at the same time, I'd urge you to check (or get it checked at a garage) if the damage is only cosmetic (scrapes/dents on the sheet metal) or mechanical (anti-intrusion bar dented/bent, window channel bent, sheet metal torn in a large way, etc.). If the damage is mechanical, then it is reasonable to consider a replacement. However, if the damage is cosmetic, then please don't throw away your money on a replacement. You'll be surprised at the quality of repairs that a good FNG can do, at a fraction of the price.

And, as agonizing as it seems today, you'll feel the same amount of satisfaction and joy whether the door is repaired or replaced, once you actually see it in its repainted and polished glory.

So please, reconsider replacement if you don't need it.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 14:14   #411
Senior - BHPian

Now I understand why Maruti sells so many cars in India,
Spares are cheap and easy to buy.

Yesterday we bought a pair of Swift headlight assembly from the MGP store.

Each headlight assembly - Rs - 2099! I couldn't believe this but yes this is the pricing!
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 17:44   #412
Senior - BHPian

Spare parts price is only half the story. When you combine it with how durable the parts are, you get realistic figures. Posting the total maintenance cost split for a Toyota Etios Liva Diesel which had completed 1,20,000 kms. This has to be the cheapest maintenance cost for a car which is available in India.

Attachment 1292750

Average maintenance cost per 10,000 kms - 2,752 INR
If you add Wheel alignment/balancing, puncture repair, brake pad replacement and mirror replacements, still the average maintenance cost remains around 3417 INR per 10,000 kms

Had he taken the SMILES pack from Toyota, it would have been 3100 per 10,000 kms

Last edited by amalji : 5th October 2014 at 17:51.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 21:37   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Spare parts price is only half the story. When you combine it with how durable the parts are, you get realistic figures. Posting the total maintenance cost split for a Toyota Etios Liva Diesel which had completed 1,20,000 kms. This has to be the cheapest maintenance cost for a car which is available in India.

Attachment 1292750
Are those prices with Taxes included?

something doesn't add up here- >

How is the 50K service charged at 3095?
What about Coolant change, brake fluid change?
Old 5th October 2014, 21:50   #414
Senior - BHPian

Do we still get the 1st gen Hyundai i20 parts?

I was looking to stocking up on a set of spare head and taillights + some other parts.

Since there have been many versions of the i20 after that, I'm not sure whether those parts are still available!? (EbayUK has some parts but price + shipping + customs = Costs a BOMB)
Old 5th October 2014, 22:01   #415
BHPian

Yesterday we bought a pair of Swift headlight assembly from the MGP store.

Each headlight assembly - Rs - 2099! I couldn't believe this but yes this is the pricing

Was that for the new swift or old one? MASS in trivandrum said 3000 Rs for my new swift(RHS Headlamp assembly)
Old 6th October 2014, 06:12   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Are those prices with Taxes included?

something doesn't add up here- >

How is the 50K service charged at 3095?
What about Coolant change, brake fluid change?
Taxes included.
Because, in 50,000 kms service, the only spares that you have to replace on a Toyota Etios diesel are

Oil, oil filter and gasket
Windshield washer fluid.
  • Coolant replacement is done every 1,60,000 kms
  • Brake fluid replacements done every 40,000 kms
  • Fuel filter used is a life time fuel filter. Nippon Toyota has replaced it only on one Etios diesel till now and it was at 1,70,000 kms
  • Air filter replacements done every 40,000 kms
  • Timing chain is life time. An Etios which had convered 2,40,000 kms ( the highest odo reading in kochi for an Etios ) still runs on the stock timing chain
  • Transmission fluid is again life time.
Old 6th October 2014, 10:36   #417
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Etios Maintenance Query.

Quote:
1. Coolant replacement is done every 1,60,000 kms
2. Fuel filter used is a life time fuel filter. Nippon Toyota has replaced it only on one Etios diesel till now and it was at 1,70,000 kms.
3. Transmission fluid is again life time.

1. Are your sure it is 1,60,000 (One Lakh Sixty Thousand) Kms? Doesn't the coolant lose its properties in such a looong period?
2. Doesn't the Fuel Filter get choked up? Is the Fuel Filter lifetime-type in both pertrol as well as diesel? What was the reason behind the replacement of fuel filter in that one Etios diesel?
3. Won't the gear shift be difficult after the Transmission fluid lose its property in such a looong period?

Sorry if Off-Topic.
Old 6th October 2014, 11:00   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
My Ford Ikon 1.6 clutch plate gone kaput, FNG is quoting Rs.5800/- for the same.. Is it the right price?

Some other auto parts shop is quoting around ~Rs.3500/-...
Not sure if you can use this info still. I was checking with the SA at Ford for clutch related repairs. For Fiesta (classic), the pressure plate, labour etc will come to Rs 7000. If it includes the slave cylinder, the bill will run to Rs 13000.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:15   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Do we still get the 1st gen Hyundai i20 parts?

I was looking to stocking up on a set of spare head and taillights + some other parts.

Since there have been many versions of the i20 after that, I'm not sure whether those parts are still available!? (EbayUK has some parts but price + shipping + customs = Costs a BOMB)
Here we get all Hyundai parts quite easily, You could stock up on essential replacements, head lights, tail lights, Bushes Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikku.dk View Post
Was that for the new swift or old one? MASS in trivandrum said 3000 Rs for my new swift(RHS Headlamp assembly)
Pretty sure this is for the new swift, check again with them, Check the Box, It has the MRP on it!

Quote:
Taxes included.

Doesn't it also depend on the number of years? say after x number of years you need to change x y z parts?
Old 6th October 2014, 23:41   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post

1. Are your sure it is 1,60,000 (One Lakh Sixty Thousand) Kms? Doesn't the coolant lose its properties in such a looong period?
  • Yes, it's 1,60,000 kms. Even Honda amaze's coolant has a replacement interval of 2 lakhs kms.
  • It's called Toyota Super long life coolant. It does duty on most Toyota cars. There are vehicles which has covered over 5 lakhs plus kms with this long replacement interval.
  • Toyota has always focused on QDR ( Quality, Durability and Reliability ). People used to a Toyota in middle east or the US would have experienced this in real life more.

Quote:
2. Doesn't the Fuel Filter get choked up? Is the Fuel Filter lifetime-type in both pertrol as well as diesel? What was the reason behind the replacement of fuel filter in that one Etios diesel?
  • Etios Diesel, like in the case of the Innova uses Denso life time fuel filter. The Petrol variant is not equipped with this and hence needs replacement every 80,000 kms
  • In the manual, it's mentioned that the fuel filter needs to be replaced only when the warning light comes on. Even when the warning light comes on, sometimes it just needs a water drain. In this particular case, the service center decided to replace the fuel filter probably because they thought it was clogged severely.
Quote:
3. Won't the gear shift be difficult after the Transmission fluid lose its property in such a looong period?

Sorry if Off-Topic.
Nothing of that sort. It stays as good as new. I have driven cars that have completed 1.5 lakhs plus kms on the odo without transmission oil replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Doesn't it also depend on the number of years? say after x number of years you need to change x y z parts?
Here comes the duration dependent replacement intervals.

Engine Oil, Oil Filter and Gasket - 1 year
Transmission Oil - No replacement needed
Coolant - 10 years
Air Filter - 4 years
Timing Chain - No replacements needed
Brake Fluid - 2 years

Whichever way you look at it, the maintenance cost remains cheap for most Toyotas ( read Etios/Liva, Innova, Prius, and Fortuner ).
The only exception - Corolla Altis Diesel mainly due to its conventional fuel filters and costly brake pads on all 4 wheels

Note from Support - Not more than two smilies per post allowed. Thanks.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th October 2014 at 00:17. Reason: Note inline

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks