Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 11:10   #346
BHPian

re: Spare Part Price List of cars that are sold here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post

Civic is a Nice car. Would you please tell us, how long the old Brake pads lasted?
Hi,
The old pads lasted 52K + kms. And this is an A/T, which are supposed to have higher pad wear as there is lesser engine braking available compared to a M/T.

Rgds
Old 7th January 2013, 22:12   #347
BHPian

Attention please!!!! Just wanted to update regarding (IMO) a greedy act by Renault. The price for the front grill of Renault duster is : 15000/- + 19000/-= 34000/-. The former being the chrome grill and the latter being the unpainted plastic grill . चकित!!
isldhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 22:39   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Attention please!!!! Just wanted to update regarding (IMO) a greedy act by Renault. The price for the front grill of Renault duster is : 15000/- + 19000/-= 34000/-. The former being the chrome grill and the latter being the unpainted plastic grill . चकित!!
Day light robbery. Why would a front grill cost so much. Renault, you must realise that very soon duster will be tagged and perceived as high maintenance vehicle. And it's no brainer to guess, what happens to the vehicle once the perception sinks in the market. Several good vehicles suffer from this perception. Pls don't get over greedy. Market has already realized that duster looks macho, but it's made of paper thin metal. Wake Up.
Old 7th January 2013, 23:23   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Do you mean 15000/- for black and 19000/- for chrome? Why do we have to add both?

Thanks.
-Vinay.
Old 9th January 2013, 22:26   #350
BHPian

No sir. I mean exactly what I wrote in my earlier message. The black unpainted grill behind the chrome one costs 19000/-. The chrome one actually is a sort of cover grill for the black one. Beats me, but it's true.
isldhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 21:29   #351
BANNED

Its great to see this thread helping us understand the maintenance cost. But can moderators help in creating a spreadsheet/survey format which helps in easy comparison and also have some standard parts for which we collate these details.
Old 16th February 2013, 21:13   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Here are the service costs till 1.6 Lakh kms and spare price costs for Toyota:

Etios/Liva Petrol
Altis Diesel
Fortuner
Innova Diesel

Etios and Liva diesel costa are same as Altis diesel so not included.
  1. The prices you gave on the Corolla service doesn't match that of the Etios. Etios Diesel 10,000 service costed around 1,800 and the 20,000 around 2,200 odd ( if we use mineral oil )
  2. the fuel filter replacement interval shown on your attachment is different from that of Liva/Etios user manual.

Last edited by amalji : 16th February 2013 at 21:24.
Old 21st February 2013, 02:45   #353
BHPian

Can anyone here tell me how much for replacing a ball joint for Honda Civic? (07/MT).
Old 21st February 2013, 09:38   #354
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Indica Vista Qudrajet

Glow Plug Rs 873/= each
Coil spring suspension along with struct and full assembly rs 3400/- for each one

Strut alone without coil spring Rs 2300/-

Break pads set of 4 = 1999/-

Airfilter = 350/ odd

Fuel filter = 1800/ odd
Old 24th February 2013, 11:10   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Guys,

Any idea if old Swift's left side ORVM glass is available and the approximate cost? I know the entire assembly (MGP) cost around 1500 but is the convex glass available separately?
More updates on the spare prices:

Swift (08 model)
LHS ORVM (black): 1054
Glow plug (Bosch): 781

ZEN (95 model)
Internally adjustable ORVM
LHS: 913
RHS: 1380

Note: Older models of Zen (before '99) didn't come with internally adjustable type ORVM and had to drill a hole in the door frame where the mirror is fixed to pass the cable for the adjustment lever. Had to go for this now as the higher frequency of mirror adjustments and the rolling down the windows for the same is impacting the AC performance considerably with the sun films gone!

I'm surprised why Maruti is charging two rates for left side and right side mirrors. In the case of swift, both are atleast convex. In the case of zen, only left side mirror is convex and comes at ~ 900 while the right side one is plain and cost 450 more. Is it so difficult to provide convex mirror when they charge ~1400? I should say it feels like total rip off!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th February 2013 at 12:21.
Old 24th February 2013, 13:02   #356
BHPian

Talking of ripoff's my 2006 wagon R came with electric ORVM's. (Body coloured ones)
Recently some nut stole the left side mirror glass. I went to their authorised stockists as well as service stations but the mirror doesn't come separately, but buy the entire ORVM. Guess what its cost just 10k.
The 3.5 lakh wagon r has 2 ovrm's costing a total of 20k.
Maruti isnt cheap at all. Its just a myth which infact is doing injustice to other manufacturers as well.
Finally got an estilo replacement mirror for 100 bucks that is doing the job .Sort of. Not OEM

My 2008 innova's electric chrome ORVM costed 8k. Justified.

My innova's service bill has never exceeded my 2008 swift's service bill. 4 times the cost , same service bill.

Last edited by k2max6 : 24th February 2013 at 13:07.
Old 24th February 2013, 14:23   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6
Talking of ripoff's my 2006 wagon R came with electric ORVM's. (Body coloured ones)
Recently some nut stole the left side mirror glass. I went to their authorised stockists as well as service stations but the mirror doesn't come separately, but buy the entire ORVM. Guess what its cost just 10k.
The 3.5 lakh wagon r has 2 ovrm's costing a total of 20k.
Maruti isnt cheap at all. Its just a myth which infact is doing injustice to other manufacturers as well.
Finally got an estilo replacement mirror for 100 bucks that is doing the job .Sort of. Not OEM

My 2008 innova's electric chrome ORVM costed 8k. Justified.

My innova's service bill has never exceeded my 2008 swift's service bill. 4 times the cost , same service bill.
If the wagonR ORVM costs 10k then what is the cost of the new generation Swift ORVM? Has anybody replaced it recently? I wonder why these manufacturers provide such expensive items on hatchbacks in the first place. These things are highly prone to be hit by the 2wheelers. My swift ORVM was hit by a speeding bullet guy but luckily nothing happened. Reading your thread am shocked!
Old 24th February 2013, 14:28   #358
BHPian

Hello zwift1819 and k2max6

New swift OVRM costs 4000 and one can get a glass replaced separately just for Rs 100 . New swift OVRM do comes in parts now , and they are very sturdy . Recently i got my glass of OVRM replaced .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
If the wagonR ORVM costs 10k then what is the cost of the new generation Swift ORVM? Has anybody replaced it recently? I wonder why these manufacturers provide such expensive items on hatchbacks in the first place. These things are highly prone to be hit by the 2wheelers. My swift ORVM was hit by a speeding bullet guy but luckily nothing happened. Reading your thread am shocked!
Old 25th February 2013, 14:37   #359

Hello Everyone,

I got the RHS Tail lamp on my Vento replaced over the weekend at Apple VW as my car was hit by a Bus due to which the tail lamp had developed a crack. I was charged Rs 3,430 for the replacement with labour.
Old 26th February 2013, 15:05   #360
BHPian

I came here to complain on the same!!!

Honda City iVTEC. Tail Lamp damaged, thanks to an uncivilized share-auto driver. Price quoted by Honda service center = 3.2k (because the entire assembly needs to be replaced)

Can anyone help me with shop in Chennai where I can get that cheaper? Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks