Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 13:20   #316
BHPian

re: Spare Part Price List of cars that are sold here

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Almost half of it (half of 8k) is for Oil. Volkswagen uses synthetic oil and about 4-4.5L goes in every time (costs about 950 per L).
Also the labor costs are exorbitant. Rest consumables are almost at par with others in segment.

Also you should understand that these costs are almost once a year (service interval is 15000KM or 1 year whatever is earlier). For Marutis/Hyundais service interval is 5000KM or 6 months (even as low as 3 months in case of Honda).

Normal service costs are around 8k only. Of course for gullible customers it can go up as the service centers can add useless costs like interior cleaning, vacuuming, tyres balancing etc. All those are optional and you can get done outside for fraction of what service centers will charge.
Agreed that the service intervals are 15000 km but still the prices are high. We are looking for a car and do not want to be shelling out so much for servicing every time.

Swift has service intervals of 10000 km (1k cost Rs 800, 5k servicing is only for checkup) and so do a lot of other cars in the market nowadays. 10000 km service prices for Swift are in the region of 1k-2k (with mineral oil). Our Innova costs 3.5k to 5K for standard servicing

What makes Polo labor so expensive. Civic maintenance thread looked reasonable compared to Polo for standard servicing
Old 20th July 2012, 13:22   #317
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Rear Wind screen of Punto emotion with defogger costs 1200 Rs + 800 rs for Glu + 1000 rs as labor charges . this rate from joshi Auto zone Chandigarh.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 20th July 2012 at 13:22. Reason: speeling
Old 20th July 2012, 13:34   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Agreed that the service intervals are 15000 km but still the prices are high. We are looking for a car and do not want to be shelling out so much for servicing every time.

Swift has service intervals of 10000 km (1k cost Rs 800, 5k servicing is only for checkup) and so do a lot of other cars in the market nowadays. 10000 km service prices for Swift are in the region of 1k-2k (with mineral oil). Our Innova costs 3.5k to 5K for standard servicing

What makes Polo labor so expensive. Civic maintenance thread looked reasonable compared to Polo for standard servicing
well I guess thats the price you pay for a perceived premiumness!

All companies have their own service structure and costs. To put some perspective, earlier I had an i10 and every paid service (twice a year) cost me about 4-4.5k so a total of about 9k per year. This was just a small 4.5L rupee petrol car but still the service charges were so high. I could also not understand why it was so but had to pay up!

So if I were coming from an i10, the 9k annual service of a Polo would still look OK to me. Of course if I were coming from Swift like you and if my annual service expenses were just 3-4k then the 9k would look expensive.

In all, I still dont think it is too costly. At most the difference might be 3-4k compared to other cars. Is it really horrible? I dont think so.

And one more thing is, the annual regular maintenance bill is way small compared to expenses like fuel bills or even insurance.
Old 20th July 2012, 13:44   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
well I guess thats the price you pay for a perceived premiumness!

So if I were coming from an i10, the 9k annual service of a Polo would still look OK to me. Of course if I were coming from Swift like you and if my annual service expenses were just 3-4k then the 9k would look expensive.

In all, I still dont think it is too costly. At most the difference might be 3-4k compared to other cars. Is it really horrible? I dont think so.

And one more thing is, the annual regular maintenance bill is way small compared to expenses like fuel bills or even insurance.
Our usage generally is more than 30k per year. So we will be covering a lot of intervals in a year.

Toyota and Maruti to Hyundai or European makes is a big transition. Somehow onetime cost of 10k causes a pinch. , We have Verna which is becoming expensive to maintain now. Got to get used to this feel that 10k/service is reasonable. Just not able to accept that for now. So may lean towards Micra. Will take a call tomorrow on what car.
Old 20th July 2012, 14:15   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Swift diesel has also shifted to 5W40 Synthetic oil starting January 2012. I guess it will also start to cost near to Europeans.

Has Maruti recommended synthetic oil for other cars like Ritz D, Ertiga D, Dzire D or SX4 D. If not, then why Maruti has singles out the Swift? Higher margins?
Old 20th July 2012, 14:47   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Swift diesel has also shifted to 5W40 Synthetic oil starting January 2012. I guess it will also start to cost near to Europeans.

Has Maruti recommended synthetic oil for other cars like Ritz D, Ertiga D, Dzire D or SX4 D. If not, then why Maruti has singles out the Swift? Higher margins?
this new came around the time tie up with fiat for engines was announced. maybe that has to do something with it. I am going for mineral oil only in my new swift (2011 November). Will consider synthetic on later
Old 20th July 2012, 18:27   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta
Yes. I got my Ertiga services last Saturday. They topped-up the oil and it was synthetic.

I confirmed and was told that new Swift and Ertiga have completely moved to Synthetic oil.
Old 25th July 2012, 12:34   #323
Senior - BHPian

Can someone kindly provide the current price of the following parts for a Chevrolet Optra?

Bonnet, radiator, front bumper, headlights/indicators, front wind shield.

Also, any good independent garage to carry out repairs at? Right now planning on Sundaram Motors (A.S.S). Car is a 2004 model.

Thanks.

Last edited by Gansan : 25th July 2012 at 12:40.
Old 25th July 2012, 13:20   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Can someone kindly provide the current price of the following parts for a Chevrolet Optra?

Bonnet, radiator, front bumper, headlights/indicators, front wind shield.

Also, any good independent garage to carry out repairs at? Right now planning on Sundaram Motors (A.S.S). Car is a 2004 model.

Thanks.
In case you need aftermarket spares at Bangalore, please check with Manu Motors, JC Road (080 41311898)
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 14:00   #325
Senior - BHPian

^^Are they dealers / A.S.S. for GM at Bangalore?

Things don't look good. Sundaram Motors quotes a preliminary figure of Rs 140K. Car itself was bought for Rs 200K.

Last edited by Gansan : 26th July 2012 at 14:02.
Old 26th July 2012, 14:29   #326
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Rapid's spare parts price list at this link. Updated by TBHPian Rajni..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2730526
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Skoda Rapid Spare parts.pdf (39.8 KB, 2050 views)
Old 25th August 2012, 11:37   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the updated Bosch Automotive parts list with rates.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf boschlist2012.pdf (214.9 KB, 12534 views)
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 12:05   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Skoda Rapid's spare parts price list at this link. Updated by TBHPian Rajni..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2730526
Those are very good prices. Should be enlightenment for those who thought Skoda spare prices were a terror.
Old 2nd September 2012, 01:00   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Those are very good prices. Should be enlightenment for those who thought Skoda spare prices were a terror.
I got Front the Windshield replaced last month @Mahavir Auto,Hyd, a crack developed for reason I still have no clue of and the windshield alone costed me ~8500/-. If it costs 4000/- for Rapid from the attachment given above do you think I was cheated? or the prices are different for Fabia and Rapid?
Old 10th October 2012, 22:28   #330
gemi_kk

guys, does anyone have the spares cost of Renault Duster?

Any existing owners could provide some info.

What would be the cost of Bumper, Bonnet, Radiator, and other accidental parts?
What would be the cost of Air, oil, fuel and other filters, brakepads and other stuff...

Need help!!! i am about to make a decision soon..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks