Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 19:33   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

I agree, this is really funny how the sales assistants are set on what model and fuel type you need without even asking you. The person I spoke to had already got this in his mind that I would want the 520D luxury lane.

The 530i Sport Line does miss out on some features compared to luxury line. Remote parking, certain colour options, comfort access system (hope this does not mean it is missing keyless entry), adaptive LED headlamps, art leather on top of instrument panel, surround view camera, Harman system, wireless charging and park assist.

However it has 62 BHP more, faster to 100 (6.2 seconds versus 7.5 seconds for the Diesel luxury line), has launch control, gets the sport version of the steptronic transmission, gets sport sets with adjustable thigh support and is around Rs. 5 Lakhs cheaper!

I would sacrifice some of the nice gadgets for the enhanced driving experience of the 530i, since it is going to be self driven and the "ultimate driving machine" for me!

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 20th July 2017 at 19:36.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 22:41   #242
BHPian

Re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I agree, this is really funny how the sales assistants are set on what model and fuel type you need without even asking you. The person I spoke to had already got this in his mind that I would want the 520D luxury lane.

The 530i Sport Line does miss out on some features compared to luxury line. Remote parking, certain colour options, comfort access system (hope this does not mean it is missing keyless entry), adaptive LED headlamps, art leather on top of instrument panel, surround view camera, Harman system, wireless charging and park assist.

However it has 62 BHP more, faster to 100 (6.2 seconds versus 7.5 seconds for the Diesel luxury line), has launch control, gets the sport version of the steptronic transmission, gets sport sets with adjustable thigh support and is around Rs. 5 Lakhs cheaper!

I would sacrifice some of the nice gadgets for the enhanced driving experience of the 530i, since it is going to be self driven and the "ultimate driving machine" for me!
I agree. The 530i is really well specified. It even has the big display key and gesture control, both of which are gimmicky but it's clear that BMW has not been stingy with this car. With regard to the 520d luxury line, it's going to lose out big time to the E-Class as the reclining rear seat of the Merc is a massive value addition that would bowl over most chauffeur driven customers who are probably the target market for the 520d lux line.
Old 21st July 2017, 17:24   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Took a test drive of the G30 5 Series. As expected, the vehicle that came was a 520D luxury line, although the one I am interested in is the 530i. It appears there is good demand for the diesel version with over 60 booking in Chennai, but mine will likely be the first booking for the petrol car!

Some observations:
  • The car looked handsome and somehow deceptively hides its 5 meter length. The doors and the bootlid felt sturdy but not heavy. Probably due to the use of weight saving aluminum.
  • Interior quality is awesome. As all the reviews have said so far, all bits are of excellent quality. The only thing I did not like was the shiny wood trim in the front dash, I am glad the sportline is coming with a high gloss black trim. Much prefer the un-veneered wood look of the mercedes to this shiny wood trim.
  • One of the problems I had seen with sedans for tall people is ingress, where the steering wheel comes in the way. Felt a bit of this when the seat is in the highest position, but it was OK to get in once the seat was lowered a little. The SA suggested another solution, to use the memory seats in the first setting for ingress and second setting as soon as I get in, which is ingenious! It was in any case, much better than cars like the Camry Hybrid, where I struggle to get in.
  • Once inside, the seats felt superbly comfortable. The test car had cognac colored upholstery in Dakota leather and was just plain luxurious in appearance and comfort. I fell in love with it instantly and am choosing it along with the Imperial Blur exterior color. Deliberated about Night Blue upholstery for a bit but thought it would be monotonous to have blue exterior and interior too.
  • Hopefully the combination works out well.
  • The AC chilled really well. Fortunately, the dials are fully digital and do not not have the static marked frames around the speedometer like the US cars.
  • Rear seat space is good but not as generous as in the Camry or even the Skoda Octavia. However, rear space is not a concern for me, since I am going to drive most of the time and we rarely use the rear seat.
  • The sunroof is not panoramic but has good space coverage over the front seats. I had previously considered the Tiguan and boy, that car has a beautiful pano sunroof and beats any sedan I have seen so far.
  • The steering wheel felt superb, the right size and the grip level from the leather material is great. While driving, it felt a little light with comfort mode and tightened up in Sport mode.
  • I found the acceleration to be adequate but not scintillating. That will be solved with the 530i!
  • The 18 inch alloy wheels look massive! The alloy design on the sportline looks better in my opinion than the one on the luxury line!
  • The car feels agile and I could feel how most reviews say the car feels much smaller than it really is. The ergonomics are spot on and predictable.
  • Adaptive damping is sheer magic. I put the car through the paces on the rough roads near home and it came out shining. Totally unfazed by the rough roads and potholes. The larger crevices do shake the car, but very predictably and more subtly than I expected.
All in all, very pleased and have gone ahead with booking a 530i from the first lot. The first lot will have imperial blue and white and can be had with cognac and beige upholstery choices. Have chosen the imperial blue exterior with the Cognac interior and been promised delivery in early August. Hopefully the color combination works out well and team-bhp members please comment on this. On-road price in Chennai = Rs. 61.03 lakhs (exclusive of service and repair packages).
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_00341.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_00351.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_00361.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_00371.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_00381.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_00411.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_00421.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_00441.jpg  

84.monsoon is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 20:36   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One of the problems I had seen with sedans for tall people is ingress, where the steering wheel comes in the way. Felt a bit of this when the seat is in the highest position, but it was OK to get in once the seat was lowered a little. The SA suggested another solution, to use the memory seats in the first setting for ingress and second setting as soon as I get in, which is ingenious! It was in any case, much better than cars like the Camry Hybrid, where I struggle to get in.
Not sure if the new 5 has it, but this moving of seats and steering for easy entry/exit is automatic in some luxury cars, BMW calls it easy access I think.

Keep in mind that you want to press #2 when leaving the car and press #1 after sitting in the car. The so called easy access feature essentially does this for you automatically.
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 09:48   #245
BHPian

I've been going through the thread. Any idea whether Indian 530d comes with wireless Apple car play ?
Old 22nd July 2017, 13:25   #246
BHPian

The new gear stick looks really good. It has an extremely glossy finish to it.
Old 24th July 2017, 19:56   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited the dealership to take a look at the 5 series sport line. This is the version I had booked. Whereas I had booked the 530i sport line, the dealership only had a 520d sport line on display.

Overall I liked the look. The cognac interior looks great and I hope it will look good with the imperial blue exterior color I have chosen.

The sport line has less chrome than the luxury line all around the body. Instead, there is more use of shiny black trim. I found the chrome in the luxury line a bit too much and in too many places in my view. Also the fake wood trim in the interior that is available in the luxury line is replaced by a piano black trim with an aluminum colored edge.

The only place I would have actually preferred the chrome is the vertical slats on the kidney grill. Thus looks good on the luxury line.

The alloys look very different too. I think I like the look of the alloys overall, but it has to grow on me.

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500905980959.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906299207.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906313955.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906324232.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906387962.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906406140.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906467813.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906482268.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906504900.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906518280.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906535889.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906550196.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906565013.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1500906580713.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th July 2017 at 20:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged + inserting images in line. Thanks!
84.monsoon is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 14:14   #248
BHPian

Wow the car looks really great.
The Cognac with Blue exterior will definitely look gorgeous. Reminds me of the Saddle Brown and Imperial Blue combo which became very famous.
The car looks loaded with features and very premium. How is the touch interface ? Is it positioned ergonomically ?

Waiting for the comprehensive Team-BHP Review.

Last edited by deepjaju : 25th July 2017 at 14:17. Reason: Added a line.
deepjaju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:13   #249
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats, which colour and interior?
Mostly will go for the White body color and Mokka interior. Wife prefers the Carbon Black. Lets see how that pans out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Do they carry stocks, I heard they have sold the initial lot and a small second lot and now won't have the kits until late September/ October. If you are getting the second lot then it should have a wood interior () unlike the aluminum one which somehow does not appeal to me.
Checked with the head of sales at Infinity. Seems it will be the Aluminum interior for 530D M sports as a standard for all production lots. The 520D shall have wood as standard. Can you check with your source. Wood, i shall prefer over this one.

@GTO i dont know how to take this discussion while replying to a previous post over to the G30 discussion page.
Old 28th July 2017, 16:22   #250
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Seems it will be the Aluminum interior for 530D M sports as a standard for all production lots.
No, the second lot is already with wooden trims as per my contact. They have checked with BMW on my request last week. I can get photos when they get the car. If you are being offered both white and Carbon black than it means Infinity has low bookings which look little strange as all dealers in North are now almost sold out on 530-D, or maybe they have some higher allocations. I will go with Carbon black over white. You can get a 3M PPF which should take care of swirls/ small nicks.

I think we should move to G30 thread

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th July 2017 at 16:25.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 01:54   #251
BHPian

Just booked a G30 530d msports in mumbai with Infinity in Alpine White and Mochha interior trim. I've pushed for a wodden trim instead of the aluminium carbon like trim that was on the test drive vehicle. No doubt it looks sporty but would like to have the traditional wood finished interior.
Diwali will be a lot of fun this year as it's expected near Dassera
raj981 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 12:00   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations! The mocha interior is excellent. Looks really luxurious, just seen one on a business trip to the UK. Appears like there is a 2 month wait for the 530D.

Does BMW allow for customization of the interior trims in India? Was not aware of that. I would love to have the aluminum trim on my sport line instead of the glossy black.

Probably too late for me even if so, since my vehicle should be here in a week and is probably already made.
Old 29th July 2017, 13:37   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! The mocha interior is excellent. Looks really luxurious, just seen one on a business trip to the UK. Appears like there is a 2 month wait for the 530D.

Does BMW allow for customization of the interior trims in India? Was not aware of that. I would love to have the aluminum trim on my sport line instead of the glossy black.

Probably too late for me even if so, since my vehicle should be here in a week and is probably already made.
Two months minimum wait is what they have told me for the 530. The 520 is available in 20 odd days. Based on expected orders the 520 seems to be a fast moving SKU and has a continuous production run. The 530, as strange as it may sound, is produced in batches. Batches based on colour. The white is scheduled to be sent to India around September and the Carbon Black in December. This is what I have been told over the phone.

On the interior trim - other than the upholstery options we do not get an option to choose the panel trims.

We basically pay more than the Europeans or the Americans and still don't get to choose the interior trims to our liking.

It's just that the first lot of 530 shall come with the aluminium finish and the second will have the wood grain finish. I would choose the wood over the metallic look. It's just me I guess as my friends and family just loved the aluminium thing that they saw on the 530 test drive vehicle.
raj981 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 13:38   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
Just booked a G30 530d msports in mumbai with Infinity in Alpine White and Mochha interior trim. I've pushed for a wodden trim instead of the aluminium carbon like trim that was on the test drive vehicle. No doubt it looks sporty but would like to have the traditional wood finished interior.

Diwali will be a lot of fun this year as it's expected near Dassera

Congrats on the 530d. Wonderful piece of machine. If you are ok, could you share what was the OTR price and which location?
Old 29th July 2017, 14:55   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Congrats on the 530d. Wonderful piece of machine. If you are ok, could you share what was the OTR price and which location?
74.11 L Mumbai. It's a take it or leave it kind of situation at the moment. I'm sure some discounts will start nearing year end.
raj981 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks