Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2017, 15:41   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
The 530, as strange as it may sound, is produced in batches. Batches based on colour. The white is scheduled to be sent to India around September and the Carbon Black in December. This is what I have been told over the phone.

It is a pretty similar situation for the 530i. Only two batches being produced, white and imperial blue. On the upholstery options, these batches could be had with Canberra beige and Cognac. So, only 4 total combinations on offer. When I enquired about night blue interior, I was told it would take a couple of months. What baffles me is why they don't have a common stock of body and interior parts (other than engine/transmission and other specific power train parts) between the fast moving 520D and the slow moving 530i/530D. After all, the doors, bonnet, seats etc are not going to vary between the models. Some peripheral things like interior trims may vary but these can be separate inventory for each model.

If they followed the common inventory approach, they would then be able offer more variants for the slow moving products without having to increase inventory. Appears they get complete kits that are one for one mapped with final built cars, rather than inventories of common parts.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 29th July 2017 at 15:46.
Old 29th July 2017, 15:56   #257
Team-BHP Support

Re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

I think BMW is more like FORD, they will always have this anomaly in producing something that customers normally don't want no wonder every dealer is sitting with multiple 2016 M sports 730D whereas they won't have an M Sports Plus variant in production for past 4 months which everyone demands.

Ideally, they should have got many ready at the factory before launch, it could have given them some good numbers given the initial excitement about the product. It should be the same story in a while, they will soon have many low variants of 520 based on unsold kits and then discounts will start which will ultimately affect their higher variants,

maybe MB India will try to advance regular E Class ( dressed AMG) to this year if they see losing numbers.

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th July 2017 at 16:09.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 17:54   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
530d M Sports Alpine White with Mocha, can't seem to lay my hands on in July. Already pre-booked across all three Delhi dealers. :/
Pre booked as in you paid the booking amount to all three?

Wont they forfeit a portion of it once you cancel with the two of them and go ahead with one?
Old 2nd August 2017, 18:10   #259
BHPian

Got confirmation from a couple of sources that indeed the second lot will have the wood finish as oppossed to the current Aluminum Rhombicle Trim (Pic 1) in G30 530D M sports. I just feel it looks tacky.

Visited the US site and configured the car in other two trims. Its a matter of personal opinion but wood it is for me. Dont mind cancelling the booking and wait for the second lot. If spending almost a crore i'd rather wait to get exactly what i want.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1.png  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-2.png  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-3.png  

raj981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 20:25   #260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got confirmation from a couple of sources that indeed the second lot will have the wood finish
Here's the one, looks good to me, maybe will look even nicer with light interiors and dark exterior. Seriously if someone has to wait for 3 months to get a Carbon black surely something is very wrong with BMW planning. You are probably lucky to get a chance to drive one, here in North there are no 6 Cylinder Test drive cars yet.

Note: Pictures courtesy my friendly SA
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1.jpeg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-2.jpeg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-3.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd August 2017 at 20:30.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 19:02   #261
BHPian

So my friend just got his G30 530d for his 50th Birthday! A blue stone metallic car with cognac interiors. He just drove the car home from a Pune dealership. Was supposed to have joined him but hospital commitments did not allow me to be a part of this joyride. He's pretty much on cloud 9! Will convince him to pen down his initial impressions once he descends back to earth!
divinedoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 01:19   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Pre booked as in you paid the booking amount to all three?

Wont they forfeit a portion of it once you cancel with the two of them and go ahead with one?
No, not that extravagant. I meant, that upon shopping the dealers across Delhi told me that the model is pre-booked with them. No more bookings being taken for now.

Sorry for my bad English fellow bhpian.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:48   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

My car has arrived at the dealer's yard and should be home sometime this week!

Had a question in the meantime for BMW gurus. The spec sheet from BMW says the model I have gone for (530i sportline petrol) says it has "Steptronic Sport" Auto transmission whereas the 520D has just a "Steptronic" automatic transmission. The 530D, on the other hand also has the "Steptronic Sport" Auto transmission. Curious about what is the difference between the two. At first I thought it was about the presence or absence of paddle shifters, however, it turns out the 520D also comes with paddle shifters.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:56   #264
BHPian

This is a question related to the G30 530d in Bangalore. Has anyone had a chance to test drive that in Bangalore. The only dealership here says that they do not have the test drive vehicle for 530d and will be September or October before they can have a test drive vehicle.

On another note, are there any discounts worth negotiating on the new G30 at all?. Love the new 530d and would be good to test drive this on the glorious pot holed roads of Bangalore before deciding on it. The adaptive suspension should help a bit with the roads I suppose.
Old 7th August 2017, 13:30   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedoc View Post
So my friend just got his G30 530d for his 50th Birthday! A blue stone metallic car with cognac interiors. He just drove the car home from a Pune dealership. Was supposed to have joined him but hospital commitments did not allow me to be a part of this joyride. He's pretty much on cloud 9! Will convince him to pen down his initial impressions once he descends back to earth!
530D is only available with Mocha or Ivory interior. If he got the Cognac interior then its a 520D Luxury line.

No response from my dealer for delivery of my 530D Msport in Mediterranean Blue. They said could be around September end or October. Todays paper's have scary news of government planning to hike GST on luxury cars and SUVs. Will jack up prices by 6 - 8 lacs if that happens.

Last edited by manishk123 : 7th August 2017 at 13:38.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 13:46   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
530D is only available with Mocha or Ivory interior. If he got the Cognac interior then its a 520D Luxury line.
Sorry my mistake! Your are absolutely correct. The car is indeed the 530d M sport Blue stone metallic with Mokka interiors! And yes spelt with two K's!

Last edited by manson : 7th August 2017 at 16:14. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 8th August 2017, 12:00   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post

No response from my dealer for delivery of my 530D Msport in Mediterranean Blue. They said could be around September end or October. Todays paper's have scary news of government planning to hike GST on luxury cars and SUVs. Will jack up prices by 6 - 8 lacs if that happens.
Worried about the same thing. So all the enthusiasm around the price cuts on luxury cars lasted for about a month. Some of the news outlets are saying that the 10% extra cess might come in as early as next month. What that means is, even if I were to book the 530d today, there is little chance of me getting it at the current price. In fact, my dealer says the earliest they can deliver is November which more or less rules out me getting the car at the current prices.

Why are only the luxury cars being targeted when owning a car in itself is considered a luxury item and attracts the highest GST. Why can't they just introduce an additional cess of 1% or 2% for all cars instead of an obscene 10% on just the luxury cars, or am I being unreasonable?
Old 9th August 2017, 16:19   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Worried about the same thing. So all the enthusiasm around the price cuts on luxury cars lasted for about a month. Some of the news outlets are saying that the 10% extra cess might come in as early as next month. What that means is, even if I were to book the 530d today, there is little chance of me getting it at the current price. In fact, my dealer says the earliest they can deliver is November which more or less rules out me getting the car at the current prices.

Why are only the luxury cars being targeted when owning a car in itself is considered a luxury item and attracts the highest GST. Why can't they just introduce an additional cess of 1% or 2% for all cars instead of an obscene 10% on just the luxury cars, or am I being unreasonable?
They can't just introduce additional cess on all vehicles because of vote bank politics. Luxury car buyers amount to close to nothing in their vote bank. Giving benefits to the lower middle class while taxing the rich gives a two fold boost to sentiments for the govt.

And this cess is going to affect almost all cars above 10 lakhs. So technically its not just luxury cars anymore.

Frankly this is the most disappointing piece of news in quite some time. we already pay 43% tax while buying a car not to mention RTO and other expenses. Why add more?

Also, has anyone noticed that crude prices have tanked in recent years but we are still paying 70+ rupees per liter of petrol?
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 16:30   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post

Just spoke with my dealer. The cars need to be invoiced before the rate hike, else one pays the higher amount. That will take the 530D to 80L+
Thinking of now getting the old 530D and closing it this month.
Old 9th August 2017, 16:50   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Just spoke with my dealer. The cars need to be invoiced before the rate hike, else one pays the higher amount. That will take the 530D to 80L+
Thinking of now getting the old 530D and closing it this month.
That's too bad.

Is the hike already announced? I thought it was just proposed and under discussion.

By the way, are there still F10s left in dealer's stock?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks