Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:06   #61
BHPian

Re: 2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions

I hope they do something about the suspension of the car rather than the features. The overall safety is hugely compromised due to the suspension! With 52k KMS on my ODO of Fluidic Verna, i am of the opinion that Hyundai should fix the suspension on the new cars and roll out a recall for the cars already sold!
DeepakS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 23:48   #62

I have test driven the Verna 2013 SX Crdi. It performed very well. It is the first time that I have driven the Verna. I too felt that there needed to be a stiffer suspension, but the car sure managed good on bad roads. The sales executive though keeps telling that the suspension has been improved. I am sure every salesman says the same. I dont know how to confirm that though.
Old 30th October 2013, 14:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
I hope they do something about the suspension of the car rather than the features. The overall safety is hugely compromised due to the suspension! With 52k KMS on my ODO of Fluidic Verna, i am of the opinion that Hyundai should fix the suspension on the new cars and roll out a recall for the cars already sold!
Well said Deepak, I have been reading this thread and this confusion keeps mounting for me. Do most customers really value a fancy LED light and back-lit power window buttons (really?!) over a more responsive steering and grounded suspensions. I appreciate this is merely a facelift and not a redo but the excitement over these had me thinking.

My office booked a cab for me on a recent trip to Hyderabad and the cab company sent me a Verna to pick me up from the airport, I had to tell them to send another car the next day, I felt i was floating over every bump and undulation on the Hyderabad airport road. Was a scary experience even though the driver was driving only at 80-90.

Our market's obsession with fancy features over fundamentals of driving and safety baffles me sometime.

Don't get me wrong Hyundais are beautifully specced, wonderfully featured but often (especially in the Vernas & Elantras) lack that grounded ride quality that worries me.
RoadTrippin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 14:58   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
Well said Deepak. As an owner of a 2008 Verna I can attest to the fact that the suspension sucks. I have been driving a ritz temporarily for the last week and trust me ritz feels far more planted and stable at city limit speeds than my verna. While the verna has been fairly reliable , I just hate its suspension.
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 19:34   #65
BHPian

Guys did you all miss this or was the sales rep fooling with me?? I checked out a verna today and it's a major cut in features. The side and curtain airbags have also gone. Considering that this was a segment first, I am saddened by this move.

Well a small edit - This is in the auto tranny version & I am in the market for strictly an automatic...

Last edited by an_and : 4th November 2013 at 19:44.
Old 5th November 2013, 00:00   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Guys did you all miss this or was the sales rep fooling with me?? I checked out a verna today and it's a major cut in features. The side and curtain airbags have also gone. Considering that this was a segment first, I am saddened by this move.

Well a small edit - This is in the auto tranny version & I am in the market for strictly an automatic...
The side and curtain airbags have been dropped from the SX(O) variant? I suppose they are still offered along with the automatic start/stop.
Old 5th November 2013, 14:10   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The side and curtain airbags have been dropped from the SX(O) variant? I suppose they are still offered along with the automatic start/stop.
Nope. They have been dropped on all the AT variants
Old 5th November 2013, 15:35   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Nope. They have been dropped on all the AT variants
That's surely a saddening news! The side/curtain airbags were a major selling point for the AT Verna.
Old 5th November 2013, 21:09   #69
BHPian

A wrong move and hope it doesn't set as a trend. Omitting safety features like side airbags is very very bad. If cost savings were in mind, they could have skipped the leather seat covers or something similar., why sacrifice the segment first safety feature. Bad news.
Old 6th November 2013, 09:28   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
A wrong move and hope it doesn't set as a trend. Omitting safety features like side airbags is very very bad. If cost savings were in mind, they could have skipped the leather seat covers or something similar., why sacrifice the segment first safety feature. Bad news.
I think this is a norm with Hyundai. I remember them doing it in previous gen verna too. ABS was deleted from one of the versions. But can't help as this is what the Indian market prefers - probably no price hike at the cost of feature deletions.

I agree with the comments that safety features should have been retained. But then we even have people on this very forum who think ABS / Airbags is a luxury as they drive ONLY in cities. Better not talk about aam junta! The change in thinking should happen from the base and then only we can expect the makers to give us what we want.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th November 2013 at 09:30.
Old 6th November 2013, 12:11   #71
Senior - BHPian

I guess the omission of side & curtain airbags in Hyundai Verna topend+automatic variant might have been the result of almost nil sales of the same, mainly because of the cost which the buyers would have felt prohibitive (Rs.12+ lacs ex-showroom) & almost in Elantra class. But these are still available in manual transmission SX-O variant.

Do we have any of its contemporaries that's got all these features (diesel + automatic + side & curtain airbags)?

I believe it is more of a problem with the buyers & the companies to a lesser extent. At times, people tend compromise on safety for on road price that they have to pay & these companies have to oblige to make sales.
Old 9th November 2013, 01:16   #72
BHPian

The Verna has been finally updated! Gets the new projector head lamps and Day time running lights. Indian Car Enthusiasts spotted the same at a dealership in New Delhi.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ser=1399786228
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 11:51   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
The Verna has been finally updated! Gets the new projector head lamps and Day time running lights. Indian Car Enthusiasts spotted the same at a dealership in New Delhi.

Boss, There have been rumours about these updates. Trident in Bangalore, Raam Motors from Hubli confirmed that there was no update with projectors on the Verna any soon. Could anyone else here confirm it please?
I know for sure that the alloys are now 10 spokes (5x2) and the third headrest on the rear seat has gone. There is a Steel spare wheel and the buttons are backlit. I really am concerned about the Projectors though. I dont want to buy a car that would be updated within a month of me buying it.
Old 9th November 2013, 13:50   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakravarthy View Post
Boss, There have been rumours about these updates. Trident in Bangalore, Raam Motors from Hubli confirmed that there was no update with projectors on the Verna any soon. Could anyone else here confirm it please? I know for sure that the alloys are now 10 spokes (5x2) and the third headrest on the rear seat has gone. There is a Steel spare wheel and the buttons are backlit. I really am concerned about the Projectors though. I dont want to buy a car that would be updated within a month of me buying it.
Bro, check out the post pictures of the updated Headlamps has also been posted. According to the I.C.E team Hyundai dealerships has started receiving the cars but deliveries will commence after 15-20 days. Hyundai has also updated the suspension but they couldn't test it.
Old 10th November 2013, 12:38   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post

Agreed. The Verna Sx(o) gets projectors. A sales executive from Raam Motors - Hubli confirmed it for me. Does it justify the extra cost of almost 1.5 lakh? I think I would go with my previous booking of the SX 1.7 CRDi. May be I would look for aftermarket projectors later.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks