Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:31   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions

IAB have reported spy pics of Hyundai Verna facelift in China, where it gets a redesigned headlight cluster with projector lights, an updated grille and a modified bumper. The rear continues to remain unchanged thankfully. Link to the report:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/01/h...t-spied-110955

... & the pic

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-hyundaivernafaceliftchinaspied.jpg

Barring the projector lamps, I do not find the facelift good, maybe it because of the image quality, angle & seems overdone.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 2nd January 2014 at 13:33.
Old 2nd January 2014, 16:37   #122
Senior - BHPian

The front looks too Etios/Corollaish! I hope they do not launch this face in India. And the reflectors on the rear bumpers, urrgh! the less said, the better!
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:44   #123
BHPian

The front reminded me first the Sonata .. but yeah, it looks a lot more like the corolla.. But inside is where I think will be more improvements.
Old 3rd January 2014, 22:13   #124
BHPian

A look of the rear reminds me of Maruti Kizashi. I have my doubts that this will be launched in India. The car is not at all impressive by front design and will not be liked by the Indian consumer.

If at all Hyundai launches such a design, they will end up shooting their own foot with their gun. If they wish to retain the same momentum they got with an impressive start of the current generation Verna, they have to rethink the design. Also they must keep in mind that the new Honda City is going to give Verna a run for its money.
Old 5th January 2014, 18:15   #125
BHPian

I saw the top model SX (O) with projectors today near Whitefield. It also had full LED tail lamps. It looked fabulous. I first thought that the tail lamps were after-market but then realized that the car was newly registered and assumed that Hyundai changed the tail lamps as well.

EDIT: Found out online that these are similar to aftermarket fitment lamps.

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 5th January 2014 at 18:24.
Old 8th January 2014, 15:22   #126
Senior - BHPian

Another collage of spy shots of the facelifted Verna from China (courtesy - auto.sohu.com - http://auto.sohu.com/20131231/n392718289.shtml)

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-img2718313_x.jpg
Old 16th January 2014, 14:38   #127
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai Motor India Ltd. is believed to be readying a new variant of the Verna. The CX, as it will be called, will be placed between the EX and SX variants and will be available only on the 1.4-litre diesel powered Verna.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 18:43   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hyundai Motor India Ltd. is believed to be readying a new variant of the Verna. The CX, as it will be called, will be placed between the EX and SX variants and will be available only on the 1.4-litre diesel powered Verna.
Cool! So with the tax benefits of having a diesel engine <1.5L, I hope they price it accordingly.
Old 20th January 2014, 13:07   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Cool! So with the tax benefits of having a diesel engine <1.5L, I hope they price it accordingly.
Tax benefit is NOT for engine size alone, but for a combination of engine size (Less than 1.2L petrol / 1.5L diesel) + length of the car (less than 4m). Since Verna is more than 4m, there is NO tax concession. But I guess it benefits from a lower insurance slab (less than 1.5L engine capacity).
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 13:22   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
But I guess it benefits from a lower insurance slab (less than 1.5L engine capacity).
True, but I don't think the road tax and insurance would ever figure into the price for the cars when they announce it. So it wouldn't help them when announcing the ex-showroom price of the new variant which is where the perception really matters. Anyone who can spend more than 4L for a car wouldn't feel any bias due to a few hundreds that can be saved on the insurance premium.
Old 21st January 2014, 16:35   #131
BHPian

Hello BHPians... I am looking to replace my Polo and thinking of opting for Verna. SA mentions that there is no difference in the new(2014) and old Verna SX variant in terms of engine and suspension. Is this correct ? While he agreed that 6 airbags have been reduced to 2 but SX variant always had 2 airbags.
Anyone option for Verna and can share the recent discounts ? I was baffled to hear only 5k discount on SX VTVT and 15k discount on SX CRDI . Is this true or they should be pushed harder ? This is at the time when Automobile Industry is passing through its worst time and companies like VW are showering immense discounts.
Do you advice looking at 2013 model if the dealer offers more discount ? What precautions should be taken and how to ensure that its not a TD car.
Old 22nd January 2014, 14:42   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Hello BHPians... I am looking to replace my Polo and thinking of opting for Verna. SA mentions that there is no difference in the new(2014) and old Verna SX variant in terms of engine and suspension. Is this correct ? While he agreed that 6 airbags have been reduced to 2 but SX variant always had 2 airbags.
Anyone option for Verna and can share the recent discounts ? I was baffled to hear only 5k discount on SX VTVT and 15k discount on SX CRDI . Is this true or they should be pushed harder ? This is at the time when Automobile Industry is passing through its worst time and companies like VW are showering immense discounts.
Do you advice looking at 2013 model if the dealer offers more discount ? What precautions should be taken and how to ensure that its not a TD car.
Hi @Cooltronics

Please refer ODI review of the 2014 Verna Diesel, & in particular the excerpts on handling that I have copied for your immediate perusal:

Quote:
Hyundai tells us that even the engines are untouched. So you still get the same 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engine options and with a choice of automatic or manual transmissions (The 1.4-litre variants won’t be offered with the new updated design). The 2014 Hyundai Verna facelift isn’t purely a cosmetic upgrade over last year’s model though. The Verna’s suspension setup employs McPherson struts at the front and torsion beam at the back. We have often complained that this suspension is setup to provide excellent ride quality at city speeds but at the cost of handling dynamics. At highway speeds, the older Verna is nervous with a dead steering, wallowy dynamics and a bouncy ride. These problems have been addressed to an extent with the updated model. The Verna’s suspension has now been optimised for better driving dynamics with a noticeably stiffer setup. The rebound has been tweaked for lesser bounce. The setup is not in the league of the Linea or the Fiesta, but the improvement is a welcome change. Grip around bends is good and the body-roll has reduced. The steering too has been tweaked. The unnerving play is gone and the unit weighs up well at high speeds. It still lacks feedback though and in-turn, the precision too.
Link to ODI's review:

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2014-hyu...a-first-drive/

Hope this helps.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 08:43   #133
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Projector Lamp Cost - Mindboggling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
So earlier today I called up Hyundai to check what the cost of the new headlamps are.

Brace yourself.

These puppies go for a cool 70k a pair! (As per Advaith SA, Bannerghatta)

I was expecting something to the tune of 40k if I'm honest. But at 70k, they are beyond my reach.

Guess its time to pull out the retrofit guides.
I checked at Trident as well...and the cost to upgrade is around 23k...not 70k!! Im assuming this is including labour etc. FYI.

Last edited by NIP : 24th March 2014 at 08:46.
Old 7th April 2014, 10:43   #134
BHPian

Today's TOI advertisement shows this
Looks Coool
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-verna.jpg  

InControl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 00:26   #135
Senior - BHPian

I was intrigued when I stumbled on this today -
2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-seats.jpg

What do they mean by artificial leather here?!

Note: I do own a Verna RB SX (O), never bothered about the seats - until I saw this
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks