Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 06:54   #136
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I was intrigued when I stumbled on this today -

What do they mean by artificial leather here?!
Thanks for spotting and sharing it! I assumed the SX(O) came with real leather seats.

Anyway, artificial leather gets a thumbs up from me.

I know, faux leather is neither real nor expensive like the actual one, but there are people who prefer not to use leather products and artificial leather would be heartily welcomed by them:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...her-seats.html
Old 8th April 2014, 08:34   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1227803

Note: I do own a Verna RB SX (O), never bothered about the seats - until I saw this
I think when OEMs say "leather seats" in the C and lower D segments, they always imply faux leather.

Not much of a problem, as art leather looks the same, and is actually a little nicer to touch than entry-level genuine leather.

But, it also wears much quickly than genuine leather - even the thinnest grade genuine leather will outlive the best faux leather by many years.

I've got a combination of genuine and faux leather from Stanley in my Linea - what they call "touch leather", where the parts that come in contact with your body are genuine and the sides and back of the seat are faux. After 3 years and 60,000 kms, the faux part has started to age, while the genuine part still shows zero wear.
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 10:19   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1227803

Note: I do own a Verna RB SX (O), never bothered about the seats - until I saw this
Maybe the face lift have Artifical leather. The earler versions of fluidic had real leather .

Off topic, Welcome Back Jayanth. You were missing in action for quite a long time . So you sold getz and got verna is it
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 11:06   #139
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @sagarpadaki - no other choice in the million buck range if you're addicted to a Getz CRDi than this rocket. ph03n!x II is now a year and 22k new

While I'm not bothered of the genuine vs faux part, I want to see if the artificial leather is actually any better/ worse off than the real thing when it comes to handling heat. It's Madras, and it's HOT already! Considering the car has side airbags, there's nothing I can do too about the seats!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 18:23   #140
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone else done the 2014 OEM headlight upgrade ? If yes , how much was the total cost ?

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 23rd April 2014 at 18:29. Reason: missed a detail
Old 25th April 2014, 11:50   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Has anyone else done the 2014 OEM headlight upgrade ? If yes , how much was the total cost ?
What I heard from the dealership is the cost involved for 2 new headlamp cluster is 17k and relays and wiring needs to be changed as well to accommodate projector lamps. Just replacing the headlamp cluster would not work.
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 22:59   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
What I heard from the dealership is the cost involved for 2 new headlamp cluster is 17k and relays and wiring needs to be changed as well to accommodate projector lamps. Just replacing the headlamp cluster would not work.
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing the brightness or output is much better than what is on the pre 2013 models which was pretty bad.
Old 27th April 2014, 14:01   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing the brightness or output is much better than what is on the pre 2013 models which was pretty bad.
I have not seen the result with new head lamps but heard a friend telling that spread of light is not that great but the beam is quite bright. Can't confirm on the above statement though.
Got my new Verna delivered yesterday and I found the headlights quite good, quite better than my outing polo
Old 27th April 2014, 16:51   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not seen the result with new head lamps but heard a friend telling that spread of light is not that great but the beam is quite bright. Can't confirm on the above statement though.
Got my new Verna delivered yesterday and I found the headlights quite good, quite better than my outing polo
Congrats on your new Verna cooltronics. Guess now you can take some pics of your headlights and DRL's at night and post it here for us to find out the difference.
Old 20th June 2014, 13:50   #145
Team-BHP Support

The Hyundai Verna has received some cosmetic upgrades for the Russian market.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 20th June 2014, 14:57   #146
BHPian

If anyone had seen the launch event of the Verna back in 2011, you might remember that the car looked similar/was this. I don't know what happened to the production version, but this car is now actually what is was meant ot be and is now truly beautiful. I hope they offer this in India with the black interiors, it might attract buyers like me who prefers darker colours to lighter ones
Old 20th June 2014, 15:59   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Could you share some pictures of the headlight output. I drive the Verna launched in 2011, one of the very earlier models when the car was just launched then. I have been facing a lot of difficulty w.r.t. to the headlight output of my car. Seriously considering upgrading the entire headlight cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Hyundai Verna has received some cosmetic upgrades for the Russian market.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
I don't know how to feel now. Happy for the better and the imroved designs that are being launched thereby making me feel proud for being part of such a highly evolving brand or feel sad that my 2011 fluidic verna now looks old
Old 22nd June 2014, 00:16   #148
BHPian

The 2014 has added some really fancy features like Auto headlamp & auto wiper controls along with DRLs etc.

BUT I feel that by buying the 2011 Verna, I'm still ahead of the current buyers because the 2011 cars came with Disc Brakes on ALL wheels while the 2014 has the inferior Drum brakes in the back.

I'd rather be safe with disc brakes all around than have the Auto headlamps. What were Hyundai thinking going with Drum brakes for a 10L car?? They have been really proactive when it came to safety factors being introduced even in non-luxury cars.

I sincerely hope that when the next Verna comes around, they'd go with all-discs along with ESC, Traction Control etc. like they have for their US models.
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:57   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
The 2014 has added some really fancy features like Auto headlamp & auto wiper controls along with DRLs etc.

BUT I feel that by buying the 2011 Verna, I'm still ahead of the current buyers because the 2011 cars came with Disc Brakes on ALL wheels while the 2014 has the inferior Drum brakes in the back.

I'd rather be safe with disc brakes all around than have the Auto headlamps. What were Hyundai thinking going with Drum brakes for a 10L car?? They have been really proactive when it came to safety factors being introduced even in non-luxury cars.

I sincerely hope that when the next Verna comes around, they'd go with all-discs along with ESC, Traction Control etc. like they have for their US models.
Absolutely not. Wrong information.My car is getting delivered tom. It has disc brakes all round.After you mentioned i checked again. It has disc brakes all round for cx,ex, sx and sx(o).
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:15   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Absolutely not. Wrong information.My car is getting delivered tom. It has disc brakes all round.After you mentioned i checked again. It has disc brakes all round for cx,ex, sx and sx(o).
Are you sure? Because on Hyundai's website & their brochure, it says that while front are Discs, the rear are Drum brakes.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...PIP/index.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks