Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2013, 11:24   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post

When you get the car kindly post picture of DRL and how good the projector lamps are ? I want to know if its worth upgrading the headlamp unit of my SX which i just bought. Your inputs will be much valuable.
What is the expected mileage, did the showroom chaps give an idea ?
Old 1st December 2013, 14:15   #107
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions

Here is the e-brochure for the new model, with the updated feature list and pictures with the new headlamps on the SX(O) variant.

I simply cannot understand Hyundai's latest, changed attitude with regard to safety features. From being a pioneer in introducing world-class safety features in the sub-1 million rupee price range, they have have come down to the level of every other manufacturer by offering only 2 airbags and ABS on the top variant. First, they discontinued the i20 CRDi Asta(O) variant with the 6 airbags. Then came the Grand i10 Automatic without the Asta(O) variant, so no ABS or airbags on the Automatic. Now, we have the side airbags and curtain airbags being removed from the SX(O) variants of the Verna.

What this means is that if one wants 6 airbags, then one has to spend well over a million rupees to buy a D segment vehicle, if one wants a decent choice of vehicles. As of now, there are only 2 cars and that too, only in 4 variants, below the D-segment featuring 6 airbags. These are the Hyundai i20 1.2 petrol Asta(O) & Ford EcoSport 1.5 petrol Titanium AT, 1.0 petrol Titanium(O) and 1.5 diesel Titanium(O).

Other than these, the Nissan Micra 1.5 diesel XV P comes with 4 airbags. So that leaves a total of a mere five variants of cars below the D segment with anything more than ABS and 2 airbags. This lack of choice when it comes to safety is not good.

I can only hope Hyundai do not discontinue the Asta(O) variant in the petrol i20, even if its sells only in very small numbers. It is the only car well below 1 million rupees with 6 airbags, as the EcoSport variants are bound to touch, or exceed the million rupee mark, when one considers on-road prices. Hyundai must reverse their latest decisions when it comes to safety features. They can claim they are merely offering what the market buys, all competitors do the same and that variants with 6 airbags hardly move off the shelves, but that is all non-sense. I hope you (and your colleagues) are reading this, Mr. B S Seo!

A good manufacturer can induce an immature market to consider safety seriously by offering a full suite of safety features at affordable prices, at least as an option even on the lower variants. Even if this leads to made-on-order variants from the factory, with a waiting period as opposed to the normal channel. It is good for both the consumers and the manufacturers (more profits) in the long run, if people do take to safety features in a big way.

Last edited by RSR : 1st December 2013 at 14:19.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 16:12   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplav View Post
What is the expected mileage, did the showroom chaps give an idea ?
The mileage in city is around 16 and in highways above 20. I havent much driven in highways yet. Just done 600 kms on odometer
drsvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 17:02   #109
BHPian

I am looking at buying a Fluidic Verna, the choice to be made is between the EX Petrol AT or the EX CRDI AT. Can anyone here tell me what is the realistic mileage expected on either of these cars.
Old 1st December 2013, 18:39   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Here is the e-brochure for the new model, with the updated feature list and pictures with the new headlamps on the SX(O) variant.
I heard the hyundai Verna's projector is halogen. Is there a difference in xenon and halogen projector light throw.?
Is it possible to fit xenon lights in the halogen projectors that comes in Verna. Kindly advice ?
I travel mostly at night, so i want to have a best light throw possible.

Last edited by drsvijay : 1st December 2013 at 18:41.
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:08   #111
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
I heard the hyundai Verna's projector is halogen. Is there a difference in xenon and halogen projector light throw.?
Is it possible to fit xenon lights in the halogen projectors that comes in Verna. Kindly advice ?
I travel mostly at night, so i want to have a best light throw possible.
Please accept my apologies, doc. I don't know what kind of light source is used on the updated Verna's projectors and I don't really have much knowledge on the different kinds of headlamps. I can perfectly understand your need for adequate road illumination.

I request you to post your query in this dedicated lighting thread, as the experts will be able to give you the correct advice.

Good luck, and drive safe!

Last edited by RSR : 2nd December 2013 at 11:09.
Old 4th December 2013, 21:21   #112
BHPian

Picture of the projectors when on.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-img2013073000579.jpg  

analyse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 10:14   #113
BHPian

The hyundai site also features a verna with DRLs now.
http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Main/Verna/index.html

I find it a weird way of bringing one update after another. It's almost like they didn't want anyone to notice the changes :P
Old 5th December 2013, 10:23   #114
BHPian

The website says, the LEDs on the headlamps are "Positioning Lamps" and not DRLs.

Anyone noticed this?

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-capture.png
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 11:29   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvl View Post
The hyundai site also features a verna with DRLs now.
http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Main/Verna/index.html

I find it a weird way of bringing one update after another. It's almost like they didn't want anyone to notice the changes :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
The website says, the LEDs on the headlamps are "Positioning Lamps" and not DRLs.

Anyone noticed this?

Attachment 1174740
Hyundai guys seem to be having zero proof reading before they put up contents in their official website

This is the same picture they posted in the past and then removed after it became clear that they were not introducing projector headlamps then. This is the headlamp cluster found in some other market.

Check the below picture of the new headlight and you can see a difference between what they've put in the site and what they are actually giving.

We are actually getting twin headlamps with projector as per the below photo while the picture in the site shows headlamp cluster with just a pair of projectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyse View Post
Picture of the projectors when on.
2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-img2013073000579.jpg

Last edited by zenren : 5th December 2013 at 11:32. Reason: Attaching the picture in the quoted post
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 12:39   #116
BHPian

Those projectors looks beautiful. Anyway twin lamps is anyday better than a single lamp.

Also I'm guessing it's a counter attack on the new Honda City which is garnering so many pre bookings.

BTW any discounts on the Verna with the DRL's?
Old 1st January 2014, 15:32   #117
BHPian

Hyundai Verna Fluidic Projector Lamp Cost - Mindboggling!

So earlier today I called up Hyundai to check what the cost of the new headlamps are.

Brace yourself.

These puppies go for a cool 70k a pair! (As per Advaith SA, Bannerghatta)

I was expecting something to the tune of 40k if I'm honest. But at 70k, they are beyond my reach.

Guess its time to pull out the retrofit guides.
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 15:39   #118
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Projector Lamp Cost - Mindboggling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
So earlier today I called up Hyundai to check what the cost of the new headlamps are.

Brace yourself.

These puppies go for a cool 70k a pair! (As per Advaith SA, Bannerghatta)

I was expecting something to the tune of 40k if I'm honest. But at 70k, they are beyond my reach.

Guess its time to pull out the retrofit guides.
Wow, looks like I'd rather avoid buying a top end Verna in future. 5% of the vehicle cost for a pair of headlamps. Is there a depreciation component for headlamps when it comes to regular insurance policies?
Old 1st January 2014, 23:33   #119
BHPian

I had checked the prices of the projector version at Trident in Bangalore and it was at 17k and not 70k!
suneet_ag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:08   #120
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic Projector Lamp Cost - Mindboggling!

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say headlights get only 50% coverage under regular insurance. This is one of the main reasons why I opt for zero dep for as long as the car is eligible. (Admittedly zero dep also has clauses on what is covered and how many times etc. But then again, we can't have our cake and eat it too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Wow, looks like I'd rather avoid buying a top end Verna in future. 5% of the vehicle cost for a pair of headlamps. Is there a depreciation component for headlamps when it comes to regular insurance policies?
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks