Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 13:18   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgehlot View Post
Not really sure what the pricing would be. They won't keep ridiculous price tag like the Germans.
Lets hope for the best

I just pray Ford doesn't have the Merc E400, Audi RS5 segment in mind & price it ridiculously :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
It will also depend on whether they bring the units as CBU or CKD.
Off course, if CKD then the price will be much lower to that, i believe 55L odd is fair pricing for CBU.

Last edited by karan561 : 1st April 2015 at 13:22.
Old 1st April 2015, 14:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

Something tells me the V8 and the shelby versions will cost upwards of 1 crore and almost in the M5 & Audi RS5 territory. Which would be a shame. I doubt many will go for a Mustang over a German performance sedan.
Old 1st April 2015, 16:08   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Something tells me the V8 and the shelby versions will cost upwards of 1 crore and almost in the M5 & Audi RS5 territory. Which would be a shame. I doubt many will go for a Mustang over a German performance sedan.
Completely different buyer requirements.
One is a LOUD muscle car, the others more refined sports sedans (for lack of a better word). I would pick up a Shelby in a heartbeat over an RS5 (the M5 is also a legend, so no comments until I can afford enough to book one of them )
Old 1st April 2015, 16:36   #79
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
It will also depend on whether they bring the units as CBU or CKD.

It will definitely be a CBU. But still they will keep the price very reasonable. I say the ex showroom would be under 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post

If it would have been at that price , they wont be launching it.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st April 2015 at 16:47. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 1st April 2015, 16:45   #80
BHPian

Seeing a Ford Mustang in flesh would be a dream come true. Hopefully it should not be overshadowed by its German competition.

I was introduced to the Ford Mustang GT as a 6 year old when i first played the then popular Midtown Madness PC and it was fun even virtually. The car has since completed 2 more generations I guess.
Old 1st April 2015, 19:31   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
Seeing a Ford Mustang in flesh would be a dream come true. Hopefully it should not be overshadowed by its German competition.

I was introduced to the Ford Mustang GT as a 6 year old when i first played the then popular Midtown Madness PC and it was fun even virtually. The car has since completed 2 more generations I guess.
I have driven one for 2 years, a 2006 v6 to be more precise. In addition to the pony I have also driven a BMW Z4 and Audi A4 as well for over a week each.

Trust me if you love feedback from the steering, you will love driving a Mustang. The Z4 and A4 never felt like I was driving a car, I always felt like I was playing Need for Speed on my Ps4 with a steering wheel.

The Mustang is in a league of it's own. The only cars which would come close to it in terms of driving experience would be a Corvette, Dodge Charger and the Camaro.
munchy_cool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 02:36   #82
BHPian

All my other plans to buy a new car just went on hold because of this. The only issue is going to be cost. Seeing that an Ecoboost Mustang costs about 18 lakh in the US, they'll probably end up selling it for around 36-40 lakhs here, and that would be a serious bummer.

Regardless of all that, the wait is on now.
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:47   #83
BHPian

Wishful thinking:

Camry starts at 23K in the US while Mustang costs 24K for the entry variant.

Camry costs 26L ex in India, so would Ford be kind enough to price it starting from, say, below 30L?

Again, wishful thinking. Sigh!
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:54   #84
BHPian

I am sure every true enthusiast loves mustang and I can see the wish list for pricing and models from that perspective.

But I think ford will launch the GT and the GT350, with prices starting around 55 L for the GT and about 75 L for Shelby GT350.

If they taste success in this strategy I doubt if they will ever launch the Eco-Boost one for this generation since it doesn't make sense for some to put in more than 35 L on T4 engine however punchy it may be.
Old 3rd April 2015, 00:11   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
I am sure every true enthusiast loves mustang and I can see the wish list for pricing and models from that perspective.

But I think ford will launch the GT and the GT350, with prices starting around 55 L for the GT and about 75 L for Shelby GT350.

If they taste success in this strategy I doubt if they will ever launch the Eco-Boost one for this generation since it doesn't make sense for some to put in more than 35 L on T4 engine however punchy it may be.
I think Siddharth Vinayak Patankar mentioned on the NDTV car show that the EcoBoost is the most likely to be introduced here.
Old 3rd April 2015, 23:35   #86
BHPian

Quote:

AFAIK the GT 350 won't be made in RHD as they have designed it in LHD only. I think that the ecoboost, V6 and the GT will be launched here, and I hope that they have the manual tranny available too. I will definitely get my hands on the GT with a manual tranny and make it a Hennessey HPE700 . The Mustang will sell really well though, if Ford doesn't get too greedy. Now lets hope Ford doesn't fool us like Nissan has been for a while, with the GT-R.
Old 4th April 2015, 00:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

Great News but Ford should give us just the V8 and eco-boost engine with manual tranny , no need for the V6 or automatic. Since this is a Halo car they should only care about what Enthusiast's want
Old 4th April 2015, 09:27   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
I think Siddharth Vinayak Patankar mentioned on the NDTV car show that the EcoBoost is the most likely to be introduced here.
Oh my bad thanks for that info, not watching car and bike show these days. Nice to hear that. Any guesses on the pricing though?
Old 4th April 2015, 17:06   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Oh my bad thanks for that info, not watching car and bike show these days. Nice to hear that. Any guesses on the pricing though?
Nah, he didn't really mention anything. He was just hinting at things, kept on asking the Ford CEO if he had any plans on bringing a flagship vehicle to India, say a Mustang Ecoboost, perhaps.

This was at the Sanand plant tour, before Autocar spilled the beans.
Old 6th April 2015, 09:20   #90
Senior - BHPian

Some really interesting numbers between the Ecoboost and GT , obviously Ecoboost is all that we need here but I know for sure that Ford is going to price the Mustang ridiculously high , so in that case it's really better if they just get the GT with the manual for us. Also another reason why they should bring the V8 here is because it may become extinct after a few years due to stricter emission norms worldwide.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/five-oh...ance-compared/

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 6th April 2015 at 09:47. Reason: Additional sentence.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks