Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 07:18   #316
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
After waiting for 15 minutes, we walked away. We didn't have the entire day to spend waiting to have a look at the Aspire. It is out of the contenders for our next car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Discarding a car because the attitude of a certain person put you off and that too in a mall and not a showroom is making a decision in haste IMO. Suggest you to visit a showroom as and when they get a demo car, test drive it and then decide.
Totally agree with Porschefire!
Whatever reports have come by now indicate that this car is really good. Take my example buddy, I have booked the new Fiesta and still am glued to this thread. This one has some intuitively added stuff that tells about the philosophy behind the design and in the Compact Sedan segment, Aspire is going to stay out as it has the best looking boot integration in my opinion. Please don't discard this car just because of some rude idiots!
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 11:09   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
This one has some intuitively added stuff that tells about the philosophy behind the design and in the Compact Sedan segment, Aspire is going to stay out as it has the best looking boot integration in my opinion. Please don't discard this car just because of some rude idiots!
Yes, both of you do have a valid point.

Boot space is something we would not like to compromise on in the car - that is the major reason for upgrading. Otherwise the current Swift is serving us very well.

The sales guy said that the boot space is somewhere around 360 liters. We saw the Xcent later in the day, and were quite impressed with it's boot space. Those who managed to see the Aspire, how is its boot space compared to the Xcent?
Old 30th May 2015, 02:10   #318
BHPian

What is surprising is that Ford has not yet revealed which engine will have automatic gear. Some websites expect 1.5 petrol, some say 1.2 petrol. I am secretly hoping (dreaming) that it will be 1.6 petrol , now that it is replacing the ford classic!
Old 30th May 2015, 10:15   #319
Team-BHP Support

I must have been living under a rock all this while! Never knew that the top-end model of the Aspire has 6 airbags! That is surely a segment first (not aware of any sedan this side of the Jetta 1.4 TSI that has 6 airbags) and will be a distinguishing feature of this car.

Good luck Ford! I hope the Aspire sells well. Really nice car going by the looks and the overall proportions for a compact sedan.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 10:52   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

The 1.5 Petrol Engine + DCT Auto Transmission was earlier available in the Fiesta and now in the Ecosport.

The 1.2L Petrol is not a downsized version of this 1.5L Engine Block. It's an reworked engine from the current Figo which is THE WORST Ford Petrol engine I've driven.

So ideally, the Aspire Automatic should be available with the 1.5L and not 1.2L.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 11:22   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I must have been living under a rock all this while! Never knew that the top-end model of the Aspire has 6 airbags! That is surely a segment first (not aware of any sedan this side of the Jetta 1.4 TSI that has 6 airbags) and will be a distinguishing feature of this car.

Good luck Ford! I hope the Aspire sells well. Really nice car going by the looks and the overall proportions for a compact sedan.
+1. The aspire website also lists ESP and Hill Launch Assist. IMO this will be the best safety kit under 10L.

http://www.india.ford.com/cars/figoa...odule-features
Old 30th May 2015, 12:25   #322
BHPian

ESP and Hill Launch Assist should be exclusive to the AT version, which is the case with Ecosport too. Still, given the probable pricing and category, these are great features to have.
Old 30th May 2015, 20:19   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
What is surprising is that Ford has not yet revealed which engine will have automatic gear. Some websites expect 1.5 petrol, some say 1.2 petrol. I am secretly hoping (dreaming) that it will be 1.6 petrol , now that it is replacing the ford classic!

Surely, it could not be 1.6 L. Considering excise benefit is offered on petrol engine under 1.2L and diesel engine under 1.5L for a sub 4m car.

If Ford goes for anything beyond 1.2L petrol like 1.6L, it will cause price polarisation and 1.5L Diesel could price lower than 1.6L Petrol.

So, definitely it is going to be 1.2L petrol and 1.5L diesel to remain competitive in the segment.
utsav1303 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 21:01   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsav1303 View Post
Surely, it could not be 1.6 L. Considering excise benefit is offered on petrol engine under 1.2L and diesel engine under 1.5L for a sub 4m car....
The 1.6L petrol engine will no longer be offered for sure. But since the Ecosport comes with the 1.5L petrol engine (which is NOT eligible for the excise cut), that could be offered to the Aspire also. The advantage is it's mated to the Automatic & is a proven unit. Provides another version & USP for the product as well.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Ford does a 1.2L petrol + Auto though I am not even dreaming of that.

Edit: I think the display is ON in R-City mall, Ghatkopar, Mumbai. Anyone been there?? Or plan for tomorrow? I might go & take a look at it.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th May 2015 at 21:03. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 21:34   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The 1.6L petrol engine will no longer be offered for sure. But since the Ecosport comes with the 1.5L petrol engine (which is NOT eligible for the excise cut), that could be offered to the Aspire also. The advantage is it's mated to the Automatic & is a proven unit. Provides another version & USP for the product as well.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Ford does a 1.2L petrol + Auto though I am not even dreaming of that.

Edit: I think the display is ON in R-City mall, Ghatkopar, Mumbai. Anyone been there?? Or plan for tomorrow? I might go & take a look at it.

With segment 1st features like 6 airbags, rich quality interiors and setting sales chart in perhaps the most competitive segment in Indian market, it needs to be priced well. And it excludes the possibility of 1.5L petrol.

And once a manufacturer excludes it for MT, it is very much rare that Ford will be willing to test 1.5 AT during development testing just to launch an AT with 1.5L. It could have been scenario if Ford was willing to launch dual petrol engines with 1.2L and 1.5L, but in that case one product would have cannibalised the sale of other.

The update on website confirms 1.5L Diesel and 1.2L Gasoline.

http://touch.india.ford.com/cars/fig...odule-features

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433001504.766996.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-imageuploadedbyteambhp1433001524.399286.jpg
utsav1303 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 22:37   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Visited the display at Lulu mall, Kochi and the guy there said the automatic would be coming with the 1.5l petrol engine.

When i said, "Oh, the same engine that came in the new Fiesta and Ecosport", he replied, "No, sir. This is an all new engine. The Fiesta doesn't have a petrol engine option and the Ecosport has the latest technology Ecoboost engine only"

Didn't bother to correct him.

Anyway, checked out the car, since it has been already seen and discussed in the forum, not saying much. But i did feel that the space was cosier than in the Amaze. Don't get me wrong, it had good space and all, but not in excess. If i adjusted the drivers seat to the lowest and at a relaxed posture, me couldn't sit in the back without rubbing my knees in the seat back. Also the rear seat was far less comfortable than the Amaze.

And I just can't understand why the grab handles can't be incorporated along with the curtain airbags?
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 14:13   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Do correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the Hyundai Verna (I think SX(O))and Ford Ecosport (top end) also equipped with 6 balloons? The previous version of i20 (Asta petrol as an optional) also had it until this was deleted as a part of the 'Elite' upgrades.

All said and done, looking forward to this launch. I am hoping this will be the first car on the economical side of 10 lakhs which has 6 airbags. Is it too much to hope that the price of 10 lakhs will be the on road price in Bangalore for this variant? Only time will tell, I guess.
Old 1st June 2015, 21:17   #328
BHPian

Looks like bookings for Ford Figo Aspire have started with 50k or 1lakh (not sure which one is correct).

It also looks like the dual clutch automatic transmission would come with 1.2L petrol option (not 1.5L petrol).

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/06/car...ings-commence/

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/bookings-f...e-begin-767726
raghav135 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 21:22   #329
BHPian

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Looks like bookings for Ford Figo Aspire have started with 50k or 1lakh (not sure which one is correct).

It also looks like the dual clutch automatic transmission would come with 1.2L petrol option (not 1.5L petrol).

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/06/car...ings-commence/

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/bookings-f...e-begin-767726

INR 1 lakh as booking amount 😳. I think INR 50k seems more realistic considering that I had booked my CITY Diesel, which is a segment above, with an amount of INR 51k.
Old 1st June 2015, 21:51   #330
Senior - BHPian

Maybe the lighter new generation Fords will perform better with the 1.2 petrol engine+DCT combination?

A test drive report will clear all our doubts. Is it going to be Goa again?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks