Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2015, 18:25   #241
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

I think this could very well be planned as a marketing ploy as the original Figo was also spied in yellow few years ago right here...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-testing.html
Knowall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 19:10   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford India has displayed the Figo Aspire with the following design of alloy wheels, having 8 spokes:
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-ford-india-aspire-alloy-1249152690962.jpg
However, I noticed that on the Ford Brazil site, the Figo Aspire (called Ka+) has the following design, with 10 spokes:
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-ford-brazil-ka-alloy-1249144076457.jpg
I, for one, wish that we get the Brazilian design for the alloys: it looks sharper/edgier than what's shown on the Indian site.

For info, the lower Brazilian variants (SE and SE+) come with 175/65 R14 tires on steel wheels, and the top-spec Brazilian variant (SEL) comes with 195/55 R15 tires on alloys.

You can view the technical specs of the Brazilian Ka+ here. Note that Brazil gets the full-length sedan, while we expect to get a <4m compact sedan, so the vehicle length and trunk capacity on that site will be higher. Likewise, it might not help drawing conclusions about the Indian Aspire from the variants and colours being offered in Brazil.
Old 7th May 2015, 19:32   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Seems like product display in malls will start tomorrow (in Delhi) and will happen in a lot of cities like they had for Ecosport. Chennai EA mall has display day after tomorrow.
Does this mean we will get to know the engine specs tomorrow?
Old 7th May 2015, 19:49   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Does this mean we will get to know the engine specs tomorrow?
I say chances are low. Those wouldn't be disclosed to the 'chicks' who'll stand next to the car. The only thing they'll know at the max will be what's listed in the site so far. This would be to market the product & get leads to potential buyers. And of course, touch & feel of the car.
Old 8th May 2015, 11:30   #245
BHPian

Just watched a couple of nice teasers for the aspire on YouTube, where Farhan chats with entrepreneurs of the new economy. Along the way, he casually points to various features of the car. I thought its pretty well made.

One thing that stuck me...the Aspire is the latest car to not have cladding in the boot lid, after the City, Zest and Ciaz. What's driving this move from manufacturers is something I can't get my head around
Old 8th May 2015, 11:52   #246
Senior - BHPian

Very informative Website and nicely put together.

The car not only looks good but is feature loaded.
Now, the entire play depends on the pricing part and Ford's strategy of not being too greedy after looking at initial sales.

The package is thoroughly well put and knowing Ford, Aspire too should carry some of the legendary driving dynamics of the car it is replacing- The Classic.

Pls. note that I am mentioning "some" of the driving pleasure.
Iconic cars like the 1.6 Ikon or the Fiesta(Classic) 1.6 DuraTec are very difficult to replicate.

Overall, am happy with the product on face value and eagerly look forward to the T-Bhp Official review.
BTW, did not like the ACC control panel and somehow reminds me of a single Din HU with space below!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 12:06   #247
Senior - BHPian

For me Hatch is much better in looks than Compact Sedan. Compact sedan is looking compromised on looks department, for me it looks like designers has no option but to cut boot to fit into 4 m mark. It really making car uncomfortable from rear. In comparison, pictures of hot Yellow hatch looks much promising.

IMHO, Ford should launch both cars together. It will give customer the choice to choose from. If hatch, Figo has around 250 Liters of boot space, i don't see any reason buying Aspire. I hope Ford will give most of the features in Figo as well which they will provide in Aspire. Let's wait & watch
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 18:27   #248
BHPian

ET interviewed Ehab Kaoud, Chief Designer, Ford on the challenges faced in design and development of Figo Aspire.

Link: Economic Times

Quote:
It was a worry for the entire design team, because to fit the sub-4 meter benchmark meant horizontally you are squeezing it and vertically you are pulling.
Quote:
..The size of the "side glass" to the sheet metal plays an important part as well. If the glass is too low, the car looks unsafe, and if the glass is too high, the car would look heavy and would look like the occupants can't see out of it.
A bit generic interview IMO but worth a read.
Senna4Ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 18:57   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

The Figo Aspire made it's public debut earlier today at a shopping mall in Gurgaon, as a part of Ford's pre-launch road show.

Quote:
This pre-production demo vehicle, a high-end Titanium diesel variant, comes with an auto climate control system (base variants will get manual AC and mobile docking in place of SYNC), six airbags (dual front, side and curtain airbags) and five-speed manual transmission. Ford has also released an image of the 6-speed PowerShift (dual-clutch in Ford’s language) transmission, that like on the Fiesta and EcoSport, should be exclusive to the petrol variant.

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirefrontviewfromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirerearthreequarterleftfromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspireinteriorfromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirebootfromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspiregearleverfromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspire1.5tdcienginefromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspireusbslotand12vpowersocketfromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspireinstrumentclusterfromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspiregloveboxfromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirecupholderfromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirerearlegroomfromunveiling900x600.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspiredoorpadfromunveiling900x600.jpg

SOURCE (and more pictures) - IAB

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th May 2015 at 19:01.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 19:08   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

As pointed out earlier in this thread, Ford have finally succumbed to the prevailing pattern, and have provided the wiper stalk on the left and indicator/lamp stalk on the right:
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspiretripmeterstalkfromunveiling900x600.jpgFord Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirewiperstalkfromunveiling900x600.jpg
And for those who were getting excited seeing the hydraulic lifters on the boot lid on Ford's site, sorry, the accountants have spoken:
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirebootfromunveiling900x600.jpg
Also - beige (or is it greige) carpets in the boot? Really, Ford? Do all your customers have super-clean suitcases and bags?
arunphilip is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 19:39   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

And for those who were getting excited seeing the hydraulic lifters on the boot lid on Ford's site, sorry, the accountants have spoken:

They should not have spoken for Temp gauge though. I am one of those who would not revv engine more than 2000 rpm if the engine is not warmed up. I hope they have given a digital temp gauge which would be available in MID.
Large, very large fuel gauge ( perhaps indicating how FE centric we as a nation are ). Instrument cluster is itseft very basic for a car which is likely to compete with Dzire/Zest/Xcent.

Rear seat space seems good.

Intermittent wiper speed adjuster is very practical, useful feature.

Wiper arms look a bit outdated on this car. Dont know why, but felt so.

Water outlet for wash and wipe on hood. Again looks dated and spoils an otherwise impressive hood design.

Interiors are too light coloured, way too much.

Pricing is key for its success, and they should try to undercut Dzire. Anything near to Dzire and this car is likely to fail IMO.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 8th May 2015 at 19:41.
Old 8th May 2015, 20:28   #252
BHPian

The yellow interiors spoil the looks. Hope they get out a grey version. Also the boot seriously needs to tan

Last edited by rxpaul : 8th May 2015 at 20:30.
Old 8th May 2015, 21:01   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Large, very large fuel gauge ( perhaps indicating how FE centric we as a nation are ).
And how is FE centric nation related to the size of the fuel gauge anyway?

Diesel engine needs to be at 2000 rpm and around to work well, so IMHO till the engine warms up, very gradual acceleration is the way to drive it, which is about 5-15 minute/2-5 km depending on the climate/traffic.

Oh and by the way, I am in no means excusing the bean counters at Ford.

Last edited by ramzsys : 8th May 2015 at 21:03.
Old 8th May 2015, 21:13   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Perhaps you took it a bit too seriously? Even on a serious note, the big fuel gauge will help FE centric people keep an eye on the fuel level.
Old 8th May 2015, 21:44   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Perhaps you took it a bit too seriously? Even on a serious note, the big fuel gauge will help FE centric people keep an eye on the fuel level.
I think you meant to say it has a higher resolution.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed