Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2015, 14:41   #226
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Wow, that looks to be a well rounded package. 6 airbags, DCT AT, Well done Ford. Would be interesting to see how they price it. Any idea if the AT will come with the diesel also? That would make it a game changer.

Would have been great if they had brought in the DCT tied to the 1.0 Ecoboost. That would have given enthusiasts a good alternative to the GT TSI.

Ok, they have done the hard work, seem to be bringing in a good product. Now all it remains is for Ford and it's dealers to actually plan making an effort to sell in good numbers rather than focus on exporting.
Agree and the seriousness with which Ford is taking it, Ecoboost should be a matter of time only.

It appears that features are going to make the major difference, so wondering how competitively Ford can price it. Maybe the early birds again will get the best deal.
Old 5th May 2015, 15:13   #227
Team-BHP Support

A related off-topic thought: Hope: the same specs of the AT that is supposed to come on to the sedan also makes it to the next gen Figo. Would be the ideal AT hatch !
Old 5th May 2015, 18:33   #228
BANNED

Aspire in the Sea Grey shade.
Photo courtesy Vaibhav S Patil.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-image.jpg  

The Rationalist is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 19:41   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Agree and the seriousness with which Ford is taking it, Ecoboost should be a matter of time only.

It appears that features are going to make the major difference, so wondering how competitively Ford can price it. Maybe the early birds again will get the best deal.
I think they will follow the Ecosport model, price it very aggressively, build the demand and then maybe do a couple of hikes. I am quite sure that the top end fully loaded DCT AT will nudge 10 L On-Road in Bangalore. Since there is no Petrol Fiesta, they need not worry about overlapping with Fiesta. But unlike Ecosport, which launched a new category, with the Aspire they are entering a highly competitive segment.

Spent some time on the website. Good job done. They have given a lot of interesting information but at the same time concealed a lot of vital things (reminds me of a popular English saying which I don't think would be right to quote here)

Few points noted
  • Talks about the engine options but have concealed the important part-The power/torque numbers.
  • Focuses on the DCT transmission with the manual option getting a passing mention only in the foot note. Creates an impression that the DCT will be the primary transmission and the manual will be an option with some variants (Rather than the other way around). Will that be the case-Don't think so.
  • Talks about ESP and Hill Hold as general features. If I am not mistaken both these will only be available with the DCT AT variants.
  • Focuses on 6 Airbags. I think we can expect this in top variant and will be priced at a premium (Not complaining though, glad that Ford is bringing this to the compact sedan segment)
  • The Smartphone integration: Enough info to be very curious about what can be done with this feature, but no details.

Overall, I think a very good job done by Ford to create an element of curiosity and a buzz for the product. Great tag line too. 'It is ok to stare'.

If only their focus on Sales was as good as the focus on Marketing. Maybe all that will change with the Aspire

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 5th May 2015 at 19:43.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 19:57   #230
BHPian

Wow, having looked at the website and the news, i can say that Ford with its decision to offer 6 airbags et al in the Aspire is sure to make heads turn and eyes roll at least at the spec sheet , in terms of looks i think its a decent effort to integrate the boot, but it still does not look that proportional as i would want from a sedan (oh yes its a compact sedan,thanks to the sub 4 meter rule and its tax advantage)

I hope the guys at Ford price this one right, please !! No this is not going to to dislodge the Maruti Dzire , but the Amaze and Xcent have to sit up and take notice ( probably reconsider their strategy too )

Meanwhile looking at the pictures on the website i see some glaring panel gaps !
Hope they are only an illusion / corrected before full fledged production !
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-aspire_bonnet_panel_gap_1.png  

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-aspire_boot_lid_panel_gap_1.png  

The Observer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 22:26   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Sir, day before yesterday, we picked up our Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium. The VIN was decoded by a very trusted source(namely, FordEtis) and also D-BHPian a4anurag. Both had the same results : 31st March 2015. I enquired the SM about the Classic production stopping but he told me that there was NO official news of it stopping any soon, though its not the case about the Figo.

Thanks,
petrolhead_neel
Congrats. Must be loving the ride.

Btw, the date you mentioned is interesting. Who knows, with luck favoring, yours may well be the last Classic rolled out in India.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 07:31   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post

I hope the guys at Ford price this one right, please !! No this is not going to to dislodge the Maruti Dzire , but the Amaze and Xcent have to sit up and take notice ( probably reconsider their strategy too )

!
Absolutely. In spite of a long list of features, and considering the high expectations from a Hyundai, the xcent has been struggling and seems to be lagging in sales as compared to the Amaze. I think the big thing that works in Amaze's favor is the 1.5lt diesel mill.

Now with aspire matching that and also getting a long list of features like the xcent, I expect the aspire to consume a lot of the Amaze/xcent numbers.

Pricing would be the key though.
Old 6th May 2015, 08:35   #233
Senior - BHPian

Ford's marketing lines still dont give enough confidence in the petrol motor. Volumes will largely be driven by the FE and power numbers of the petrol motor.

Diesel could be priced on par with VW Polo.
Old 6th May 2015, 12:53   #234
BHPian

Have you all seen this ad?

RavSam is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 23:23   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across few pics of the new Ford Figo. To me it looked good and the rear of the hatch version looks better than the sedan version!

Source of information- http://www.carwale.com/news/18546-fo...d-on-test.html

Its only me or from this angle it really resembles the Nissan Micra/Renault Pulse!
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigo11024x683.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigo21024x683.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigo31024x683.jpg
New Figo and the Aspire side by side.
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoandfigoaspire1024x683.jpg

Mods- If i have posted it in the wrong thread please shift it to the correct thread.

Last edited by Samba : 6th May 2015 at 23:44.
Samba is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 10:56   #236
Team-BHP Support

Ford has kick-started its pre-launch campaign for the Figo Aspire. The company has hired actor, singer and director Farhan Akhtar, to anchor its new campaign termed "What Drives You?"

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-farhan-akhtar-new-ford-figo-aspire.jpg

Through the campaign, the company plans to ask people to share the goals, dreams, and aspirations that drive them. Participation will be both online and through on-ground engagement with the Figo Aspire in 25 cities as part of a pan-India roadshow.

One lucky winner will drive home the Figo Aspire. Eight selected participants stand a chance to win Rs. 1,00,000 each. A total of 56 participants will be given special prizes and rewards including personalized experiences in a Ford Figo Aspire. The campaign will be held over ten weeks.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th May 2015 at 16:33.
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 11:07   #237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Ford has kick-started its pre-launch campaign for the Figo Aspire. The company has hired actor, singer and director Farhan Akhtar, to anchor its new campaign termed "What Drives You?"
I was just thinking they should have dropped the name Figo from this branding. Just the name Ford Aspire puts in a breathe of fresh air. Because public will start linking it to the previous Figo product and will start with a pre-concieved expectations. (But then again those are my just thoughts)

Thoughts otherwise, the car looks well proportioned. The paint quality looks good and so do the interiors. In particular to watch out: The Dual Clutch AT!
ampere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 11:30   #238
BHPian

I don't know why but the new Figo does remind me of the AM Cygnet,which is not a bad thing at all!
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-2012astoncygnet01.jpg
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 11:33   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I was just thinking they should have dropped the name Figo from this branding. Just the name Ford Aspire puts in a breathe of fresh air.
Agree with this - Ford Aspire sounds much better than Figo Aspire and would have made people look the car in a new light (no luggage associated with Figo, bad or good it may be).

--Anoop
Old 7th May 2015, 14:46   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Was going thru the campaign. Noticed 3 more points.
1. Height adjustable seat belt
2. Unclad bootlid
3. Boot release button on right side of rotary headlight switch

Seems like product display in malls will start tomorrow (in Delhi) and will happen in a lot of cities like they had for Ecosport. Chennai EA mall has display day after tomorrow.

Note :: The display dates seem to extend to Jul 2015. Does it mean the launch will be towards August - September time frame?

Delhi Display Schedule:

8-10 May DLF Cyber Hub, DLF Cyber City, Phase 2, NH 8

30-31 May DLF Promenade, 3 Nelson Mandela Road, Vasant Kunj Malls

6-7 Jun Select City Walk, A-3 District Centre Saket

27-28 Jun TGIP, Plot No. A-2, Sector-38-A, Noida

4-5 Jul Ambience Mall, Ambience Island,National Highway 8

Chennai Display Schedule:

9-10 May Express Avenue, 49/50L, Whites Road, Royapettah

16-17 May Ampa Skywalk, Nelson Manickam Road Poonamalee High Road, Aminjikarai

6-7 Jun Phoenix, 142, Velachery Main Road, Near Gurunanak College, Velachery

Mumbai Display Schedule:

23-24 May Infinity Mall, Link Road, Malad West , Mumbai - 400064

30-31 May R City Ghatkopar, LBS Marg,, Ghatkopar West

4-5 Jul Inorbit Vashi, Palm Beach Rd, Sector 30A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai,

11-12 Jul Viviana Thane, Eastern Express Hwy, Laxmi Nagar, Thane West, Thane

Source : https://whatdrivesyou.in/

Please do check the dates for your respective cities.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th May 2015 at 15:01. Reason: Correcting Date
swiftnfurious is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks