Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 14:49   #706
BHPian

There is no doubt that Aspire will affect sales of Zest/Amaze/xcent. But the big question is would it affect dezire? If that happens, that would be a good thing for customers.
Vishal.R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:52   #707
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Had they stuck to the same looks, it would have been even more fabulous
Quite frankly - installing 16 inch low profile tyres will make it almost the same as the concept car in the pic. Of course, LED head lamps and fog lamps would still be missed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Well, sorry to burst the bubble but the pricing is not so extraordinary afterall.

If you look carefully, only the barebones base model is priced *below* the base model of competitors.

Have a look at this:

Ford Figo Aspire Hyundai Xcent Maruti Dzire Honda Amaze Tata Zest
1.2 Ambiente - Rs 4.89 lakh 1.2 Base - Rs 5.01 lakh 1.2 LXi - Rs 5.08 lakh 1.2 E - Rs 5.19 lakh 1.2 XE - Rs 4.87 lakh
1.2 Trend - Rs 5.77 lakh 1.2 S - Rs 5.67 lakh 1.2 LXi(O) - Rs 5.21 lakh 1.2 EX - Rs 5.56 lakh 1.2 XM - Rs 5.50 lakh
1.2 Titanium - Rs 6.70 lakh 1.2 SX - Rs 6.61 lakh 1.2 VXi - Rs 5.86 lakh 1.2 S - Rs 5.95 lakh 1.2 XMS - Rs 5.71 lakh
1.2 Titanium+ - Rs 7.25 lakh 1.2 SX(O) - Rs 6.87 lakh 1.2 ZXi - Rs 6.81 lakh 1.2 S+ - Rs 6.00 lakh 1.2 XT - Rs 6.29 lakh

Except base model, there are competitors variants which are cheaper, as you can see above.
Sorry to say but the bold text from your post was really tough to read through - tested my eye sight and patience !!

But the base variant of the Aspire is not really *bare bones* if you consider that it comes with front power windows, AC, central locking silver inserts in the grille & on the boot, adjustable rear headrests, driver side auto up/down, speed sensing door locking, gear shift indicator and dual front air bags!

Few of these were not available in the Fiesta Classic it replaces, or on the base models of competition even today!
aravind.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:52   #708
BANNED

Quote:
Well, sorry to burst the bubble but the pricing is not so extraordinary afterall.

If you look carefully, only the barebones base model is priced *below* the base model of competitors.
I'm sorry to say that I disagree with your post with utmost respect. I feel that your comparison is first wrong atleast with the variants of Maruti. Honestly the Titanium variant should be compared with Z variants for an apple to apple comparison. I'm not well educated for Hyundai and Honda variants - So I'm a perfect illiterate on those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
There is no doubt that Aspire will affect sales of Zest/Amaze/xcent. But the big question is would it affect dezire? If that happens, that would be a good thing for customers.
This should be a long distant dream as I strongly feel Ford will not have the urge first to dispatch close to 20K units to the Indian markets alone month on month.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th August 2015 at 14:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Amarkarthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:56   #709
Senior - BHPian

Definitely good pricing from Ford. Seems like a capable vehicle with the USP being the DCT AT and the top variant with 6 airbags.

However, going against the tide here, some points to note -
  • ABS is standard only in the Titanium variant. I guess there are other manufacturers who provide ABS+airbags as standard or some with ABS.
  • Puny 14" wheels when some cars in similar segments going up to 16". Also, tires are only 175 section, not wide enough.
  • No reverse camera
  • No parking sensors.
  • No rear AC vents (?)
  • No push button start
  • no AVN
  • No cooled glovebox or glovebox illumination
  • long roof antenna
  • No leather wrapping on steering or gear lever
  • no armrest
  • map lights(?)

Also, the design is decent but doesn't have any WOW factor. My prediction is - this will be a decent hit in the market. We can expect volumes of 4-5K. Amaze, Zest,Xcent will be affected most and also some but limited impact on Jazz,I20.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:58   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Well if you go by the stack it does look like that. But actually if you see, Trend version is aspire is comparable to VXi of Dzire. The Dzire still doesnot get Airbags and ABS.From that perspective Aspire is definitely a lot cheaper.
Similarly ZXi of Dzire can be compared to Titatnium, where as Titanium+ with 6 airbags and leather seats does not have a comparable model in Dzire.
Exactly. Similarly, Ambiente is comparable to LXI(O) rather than LXI (LXI doesn't have power windows. LXI(O) and Ambiente come with front power windows, etc)

So the right comparison between Dzire and Aspire variants would be :
Ambiente - LXI(O)
Trend - VXI
Titanium - ZXI
Titanium+ - No equivalent model

Last edited by JonSnow : 12th August 2015 at 15:01.
JonSnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:00   #711
Senior - BHPian

Going by the pricing of various variants the Trend variant seems to be the most VFM. It has the 90% features of the Titatnium variant, but costs a whopping 1.14 lacs lesser. For the benefit of members I have posted below the onroad prices for the three variants, Trend, Titanium and Titanium+ in Central Mumbai

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-onroad-prices-central-mumbai.jpg

Also pasting below the extracts from the brochure comparing the Tech Specs and Features, variant by variant.

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-tech-specs.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-vaiants-engine-config.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-features1.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-features2.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-features3.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:04   #712
BANNED

Now, go to hell - Maruti and Hyundai. Or, learn from Ford.

With such huge volumes every month, you 2 didn't price your latest products sensibly.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:05   #713
BHPian

Feature wise it is packaged brilliantly and priced very well.
Finally, a product which justifies the VFM tag.

To give a perspective, we had our 2009 Ikon TdCi OTR price @ 6.25lac (including the alloys and Michelin Tyres which i added ).

Now, if u compare that with Mid variant Trend because this has fog lamps which ikon had then the additional features it has is :
1. Airbags.
2. Music system.
3. Keyless entry
4. New better looking interiors
5. Rear central armrest
6. Remote boot release.
Plus many more ergonomic features.

If i get the Trend @ 7.75lac OTR (6.76lac ex-showroom delhi) Navi Mumbai then this would be cheaper if we consider the Y-O-Y inflation of 5% for 2009 prices of Ikon tdci.

So a car @ 6.25lac OTR in 2009 would cost 8lac OTR in 2015. Going by this comparison we get more stuff for the same money than we used to in 2009.

Now, this is how things should get trending, not like others who charge more and give less..

P.S; I'm just taking an approximate example of 5% inflation to put the point across.

Cheers
MKP

Last edited by mkpiyengar : 12th August 2015 at 15:10. Reason: Added few more points
mkpiyengar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:10   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Definitely good pricing from Ford. Seems like a capable vehicle with the USP being the DCT AT and the top variant with 6 airbags.

• ABS is standard only in the Titanium variant. I guess there are other manufacturers who provide ABS+airbags as standard or some with ABS.
  • Puny 14" wheels when some cars in similar segments going up to 16". Also, tires are only 175 section, not wide enough.
  • No reverse camera
  • No parking sensors.
  • No rear AC vents (?)
  • No push button start
  • no AVN
  • long roof antenna
  • no armrest
  • map lights(?)

Also, the design is decent but doesn't have any WOW factor. My prediction is - this will be a decent hit in the market. We can expect volumes of 4-5K. Amaze, Zest,Xcent will be affected most and also some but limited impact on Jazz,I20.
14" wheels are a boon trust me, when you buy, tyres prices of 14inch VS 15inch VS 16inch have all most an exponential increase in price. For the masses the 14 inches wheels will do just as good, remember how swift still comes with 14 inch steel wheels only the zdi/zxi variants come with 15 inch ones.

People willing to upgrade will do so anyway, not much of a deal breaker.

reverse parking sensors, camera, display screen are built into its IRVM unit like the I20, that can be seperately bought from ford dealers as per their brochure. Also this IRVM screen shows GPS.

Regarding Push start and stop button, I personally prefer the key cranking but to each their own. But would this be a deal breaker?

The other creature comforts not offered can be forgiven given a thought to the whole package, dont think they will be deal breakers, and people really keen on them, may have an option to add them on from dealers. If not there is always the after market solutions.

What I mean is this car has safety features as a segment first at unbeatable price point as of now, none of its competition even have them at all, not even in their top variants, while commanding a huge premium.

Last edited by rider60 : 12th August 2015 at 15:13.
rider60 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:16   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Have a look at this:

Ford Figo Aspire Hyundai Xcent Maruti Dzire Honda Amaze Tata Zest
1.2 Ambiente - Rs 4.89 lakh 1.2 Base - Rs 5.01 lakh 1.2 LXi - Rs 5.08 lakh 1.2 E - Rs 5.19 lakh 1.2 XE - Rs 4.87 lakh
1.2 Trend - Rs 5.77 lakh 1.2 S - Rs 5.67 lakh 1.2 LXi(O) - Rs 5.21 lakh 1.2 EX - Rs 5.56 lakh 1.2 XM - Rs 5.50 lakh
1.2 Titanium - Rs 6.70 lakh 1.2 SX - Rs 6.61 lakh 1.2 VXi - Rs 5.86 lakh 1.2 S - Rs 5.95 lakh 1.2 XMS - Rs 5.71 lakh
1.2 Titanium+ - Rs 7.25 lakh 1.2 SX(O) - Rs 6.87 lakh 1.2 ZXi - Rs 6.81 lakh 1.2 S+ - Rs 6.00 lakh 1.2 XT - Rs 6.29 lakh

Except base model, there are competitors variants which are cheaper, as you can see above.

However, one good point, as others pointed out - is the presence of Airbags as standard across the range, which the competetion does not offer (Although i did hear that Hyundai has introduced ABS as standard across all variants of Xcent recently - but i cannot confirm this).
Hope this helps. Can someone also add for diesel
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-captu.jpg  

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-capture.jpg  

Last edited by jkdas : 12th August 2015 at 15:19.
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:16   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Going by the pricing of various variants the Trend variant seems to be the most VFM. It has the 90% features of the Titatnium variant, but costs a whopping 1.14 lacs lesser.
How did you get 1.14lac difference Is it OTR ?
As per the figures it is 95K.

Trend: Rs. 6,76,990/-
Titanium: Rs. 7,69,990/-

Is it that 95K showroom translates to 1.14 OTR or it is 1.14 difference for Mumbai prices due to Octroi ?

Cheers
MKP
Old 12th August 2015, 15:17   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

• No reverse camera
  • No parking sensors.
  • No rear AC vents (?)
  • No push button start
  • no AVN
  • long roof antenna
  • no armrest
  • map lights(?)
Yes they should have given ABS atleast in the mid variant. Most of the others can be added as a accessory without much intrusion to the car.

Do we really need a rear AC vent on this car? The Ford's have decent air throw towards the rear.

BTW Fantastic pricing Ford!
Old 12th August 2015, 15:17   #718
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pricing by Ford. This car should sell like hot cakes. If I was in the market for a small sedan, I would buy this for the 100 bhp diesel engine alone. Well done Ford!
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:18   #719
BHPian

Dear BHPian,

There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by noopster : 12th August 2015 at 17:30. Reason: Refer mod note inline
Dr.Abhi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:22   #720
BHPian

Is it just me or the pricing of automatic variant is quite competitive. DCT technology with 6 airbags at 7.79 L.

DSG in Polo TSI starts at 8.5L. So considering everything not bad at all, Ford deserves a pat on the back for AT cost.
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks