Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 16:48   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Here is how the Ford Aspire stacks up against its immediate competition:

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-untitled.gif

All prices taken from their respective official websites.

AT variants are highlighted in BOLD & Italicised. (Note that the Tata Zest is the only C1-segment sedan to offer two diesel AT options in it's lineup)

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th August 2015 at 21:06. Reason: typo corrected - it's > its
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:55   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The 5Ps of marketing are:

Place - Not applicable

Old 12th August 2015, 17:24   #753
BHPian

All fingers point to excellent pricing. And that is something of a rarity these days, thanks to S Cross and Creta.

However, it leaves us with just one point to think about. The recent example of a compact sedan having such good pricing was Zest. That left it with only one problem: How do you price the hatchback sibling competitively?

The hatchback segment is much more competitive than the compact sedan. So, Ford will have to either cut-back on some features (6 airbags, AT etc.,) or struggle with pricing.

But that is a discussion for another day. Wishing Ford success with the Aspire!
Old 12th August 2015, 17:31   #754
BHPian

Hoping not to rain in the parade but as someone who pre-booked the 1.5 liter Petrol Automatic ecosport and was dissuaded to take the Diesel citing prolonged delay in deliver the Automatic (since it was not profitable due to lack of excise duty cuts) and finally selling the Diesel Ford Ecosport in less than 2 years, I am certainly not confident of Ford shipping Automatics to meet the actual demand. I only hope this time they give realistic timelines and stick to the promises instead of cross-selling the diesel to the unsuspecting Automatic customers who place the faith on Ford.

If you don't believe me, take a look at how many customers on the forum who have a Ford Automatic against the Manual in spite of it being excellent VFM on paper. My Fingers crossed for those who are excited by the Automatic.

Last edited by urajkumar : 12th August 2015 at 17:36.
urajkumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 17:35   #755
BHPian

Firstly, kudos ford for getting the price right.

Secondly Tbhp I need your help, My dad is looking to get the new figo aspire and he feels the base version will do the job for him, its in his budget and its got the safety features. The only thing he is concerned is about the entertainment system. Will it be an issue to get an after market entertainment system installed in the figo aspire. And also will there be any warranty issues if done so.

Please let me know if this is something we should fret about, since the price difference between the base variant i.e Ambiente and the next variant Trend is nearly 85k ex showroom. It will be a stretch and can be done only absolutely necessary.

Thanks.
Old 12th August 2015, 17:38   #756
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: Pricing announced.

Pricing begins at 4.89 lakhs.

Variant-wise Ford Aspire prices (all ex-showroom, Delhi) :

Petrol:

1.2-litre Ambiente - Rs. 4.89 lakh

1.2-litre Trend - Rs. 5.76 lakh

1.2-litre Titanium - Rs. 6.69 lakh

1.2-litre Titanium+ - Rs. 7.24 lakh

1.5-litre (AT) Titanium - Rs. 7.79 lakh

Diesel:

1.5-litre Ambiente - Rs. 5.89 lakh

1.5-litre Trend - Rs. 6.76 lakh

1.5-litre Titanium - Rs. 7.69 lakh

1.5-litre Titanium+ - Rs. 8.24 lakh

Killer pricing I must say! Interestingly, the Ford Aspire has become the first car in its league to offer driver and front-passenger airbags standard across all variants.

The colours on offer are- Ruby Red, Sparkling Gold, Oxford White, Tuxedo Black, Deep Impact Blue, Ingot Silver and Smoke Grey.

I must say- well done, Ford!

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirerearside_650x398_41436868433.jpg

Here's hoping that this one is a success.

(Pic credits: NDTV Auto)

Last edited by FINTAIL : 12th August 2015 at 17:45.
FINTAIL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 17:59   #757
BHPian

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire - Bangalore Price List

Received Price list for Bangalore
Attached Images

aeroamit is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 18:08   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Well, sorry to burst the bubble but the pricing is not so extraordinary afterall.

If you look carefully, only the barebones base model is priced *below* the base model of competitors.

Have a look at this:

Ford Figo Aspire Hyundai Xcent Maruti Dzire Honda Amaze Tata Zest
1.2 Ambiente - Rs 4.89 lakh 1.2 Base - Rs 5.01 lakh 1.2 LXi - Rs 5.08 lakh 1.2 E - Rs 5.19 lakh 1.2 XE - Rs 4.87 lakh
1.2 Trend - Rs 5.77 lakh 1.2 S - Rs 5.67 lakh 1.2 LXi(O) - Rs 5.21 lakh 1.2 EX - Rs 5.56 lakh 1.2 XM - Rs 5.50 lakh
1.2 Titanium - Rs 6.70 lakh 1.2 SX - Rs 6.61 lakh 1.2 VXi - Rs 5.86 lakh 1.2 S - Rs 5.95 lakh 1.2 XMS - Rs 5.71 lakh
1.2 Titanium+ - Rs 7.25 lakh 1.2 SX(O) - Rs 6.87 lakh 1.2 ZXi - Rs 6.81 lakh 1.2 S+ - Rs 6.00 lakh 1.2 XT - Rs 6.29 lakh

Except base model, there are competitors variants which are cheaper, as you can see above.

However, one good point, as others pointed out - is the presence of Airbags as standard across the range, which the competetion does not offer (Although i did hear that Hyundai has introduced ABS as standard across all variants of Xcent recently - but i cannot confirm this).
The pertinent point is that Ford is NOT giving us a structurally compromised spartan car with zero safety features. At similar prices, Ford is offering much more value that the Japanese/Korean tins.

Somebody please post the price list in the Maruti and Hyundai Facebook pages and tell them this is how to sell cars without milking their customers.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 18:27   #759
BHPian

I think it's safe to say we have a winner!

The car looks stunning, has many safety features as standard and this being a Ford, I'm sure it'll be great to drive.

What I also like is the fact that the auto box is offered in the Titanium variant which is a welcome change from the Creta where Hyundai deleted too many features to keep the price similar.

Only real problem I can see, and I'm really nit-picking here, is that the car doesn't seem to have any parking aid at all.

Ford's after sales service and reliability is also pretty good, I've had a Figo and have had no problems so far.
Old 12th August 2015, 19:25   #760
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the price of the accessory which is supposed to provide the rear parking camera/sensor and GPS navigation with display on the IRVM?

One thing which I don't understand is - if the IRVM is used for navigation, what will be used in place of the IRVM?

Also, it seems that the base variant of the Aspire is undercutting the competition but the higher variants are more or less priced similar to the competition.
The top variant is priced higher and justifiably so (with 6 airbags and leather seats).

Last edited by adimicra : 12th August 2015 at 19:42.
Old 12th August 2015, 19:30   #761
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Please stay on-topic and avoid getting into lengthy exchanges about the Ford brand etc. This thread is to discuss the Aspire only.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 19:43   #762
BHPian

Not a test drive but I did sit in the display car. It was top end variant. It did not feel cramped at all. The finish was good, the build felt robust (compared to Amaze), the driver's seat was really comfortable and the ergonomics top notch. And now a great pricing too.

This is a formula that has worked for Ford in the past (Ecosport anyone?)- step 1: launch the product at great prices, establish top-of-the-mind recall of VFM. Step 2: increase the price silently over 4-5 months. But the perception is set, and the momentum continues

Nothing wrong in the strategy, Ford's sales and marketing teams have got it bang on. During the Ecosport saga, the production planning and overall strategy (local sales vs exports etc) bombed, causing tremendous customer dissatisfaction. Result, lost opportunity at an unassailable market leadership in compact SUV category in the country, allowing Duster to come back somewhat and an opening for Creta et al.

Well, they have another chance at redemption. And another crack at 2nd-3rd spot in a tough segment. With a spanking new plant and new capacity, and hopefully a lesson well learnt, they will get it better this time. The market needs some competition, both Hyundai and Maruti has started taking the customer for granted, if recent launches are any indication.

Fingers crossed. But, IMO, the Aspire AT and the Titatnium + models are great value. Compared to the noisy Amamze diesel and the Spartan petrol ATs, this will be a treat.

Best of luck Ford

Last edited by Contrapunto : 12th August 2015 at 19:45. Reason: Minor adds
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 19:46   #763
BHPian

Ford has done this with class, medium or low hype and buzz but they finished with a bang ! ( Or have they just begun?) 10.33 Lakh OTR Bangalore for a fully loaded car diesel top end ( + 6 airbags) says volumes about Ford, compared to say Honda who offers its Jazz whose fully loaded diesel top end retails at 10.77 Lakhs OTR and does not offer top spec safety ( ok yes you give us Magic seats) but one variant less, Aspire gives much more !

For customers who want top spec safety on their cars and have a budget less than 10 lakhs ONLY Ford has a product, for the same customers who have a budget less than 15 lakhs, Only ford (Ecosport and Aspire) and Hyundai (Verna) have a product.

Thanks Ford for respecting the wish of Indian customers with around 10 L budget and who also wanted top spec safety.
The Observer is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 19:51   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Well, they have another chance at redemption. And another crack at 2nd-3rd spot in a tough segment. With a spanking new plant and new capacity, and hopefully a lesson well learnt, they will get it better this time.
I really do no think that producing enough cars would be an issue for Ford this time. They do any have to export this car as it is an India only model and they have to cater to domestic demands only. 1.5 AT may be tough to get but 1.2 Ti-VCT and 1.5 TDCi should not have any production constraints.

Mods, when can we expect our full blown Aspire official review ?
Old 12th August 2015, 20:03   #765
Team-BHP Support

It's amazing that Ford is able to give a 1.5L engine with a 6 speed dual clutch unit, a very decent feature set and still undercut the Honda Jazz which has a 1.2L engine and CVT as well as the Amaze.

Is the dual clutch now locally made? Last I remember it was an imported gearbox. The engine also being 1.5L does not benefit from lower excise duty.

Honda said the 1.5L Jazz with CVT was not possible due to costs being prohibitive.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks