Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 13:51   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Rs.489000 for the base model petrol, ex-showroom price Delhi, Rs.598000 for the base model diesel again ex-showroom price Delhi. These are the prices announced as for now, the rest are yet to come, the SA says he will get the OTR Hyderabad prices by the end of the day and let me know.

Can anyone confirm if the Inside rear view mirror with built-in screen for rear view camera, sensors and GPS a standard accessory or do we have to buy it separately from ford dealerships?

Last edited by rider60 : 12th August 2015 at 13:54.
Old 12th August 2015, 13:55   #677
BHPian

Ford has kept the prices a bit lower than all other competing 4m sedans, variant for variant. This is a pleasant surprise that we received after the shocks from the premium vehicles.
Ford definitely seems to have some plans to increase footfalls to its showrooms, by keeping the price competitive. Ford has gauged the market well, unlike Honda, which always charges a premium over competitors, even on its entry level vehicles.
Way to Go!
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 13:55   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
Inside rear view mirror with built-in screen for rear view camera, sensors and GPS a standard accessory
None of the variants come with a rear camera/GPS. You will have to buy this as an accessory
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 13:57   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
4.89 Base petrol.
7.79 Automatic
5.88 (was it? I cant remember) Base diesel.

I am eager to see the test drive reports for the automatic!
The AT seems to be priced higher, will have to see the review. The Ecosport AT has side side and curtain airbags and some other features and the price difference doesn't seem to reflect that. Also Ecosport uses Boron steel and there is no mention about that for the Aspire.
Old 12th August 2015, 13:58   #680
JD1
BHPian

Superb pricing - especially the AT variant. A 1.5L DCT same or cheaper than Xcent AT, Amaze and Jazz CVT (all with 1.2 L engines) should totally blow out the competition with performance. Good job Ford India.

Edit-Adding Automatic variants of Xcent/Amaze/Ecosport ex-Delhi prices here-

Amaze 1.2 S AT (i-VTEC) Petrol : Rs 695,800
Amaze 1.2 VX AT (i-VTEC) Petrol : Rs 778,800

Xcent SX (O) Solid : Rs 763,982
Xcent SX (O) Metallic : Rs 767,634

Ecosport : 1.5 TiVCT Titanium AT - Rs 972,800

Last edited by JD1 : 12th August 2015 at 14:06.
JD1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:00   #681
BHPian

Very, very sensible pricing from Ford! Two or three such moves and they will soon talk much bigger volumes. I hope these prices are not just introductory!
abhi413 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:00   #682
BHPian

Great pricing from Ford! With this I'm sure they will have a winner on their side. As everyone has been mentioning on this forum, this is a great relief from the recent skyward pricing of the premium vehicles.

I was really looking forward to the launch of the Aspire, especially for the DCT, Dual-Clutch-Automatic) version.

Can someone confirm the features and specs of the AT petrol ? And approximate On-road price in Delhi ?

Also I wonder, is it possible to talk to the Ford guys about providing the AT model in the top-spec version?
TkyoPandaMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:01   #683
BHPian

Very very good pricing from Ford. Looks like they are looking for volumes with this competent product. Low selling sedans like Xcent are already feeling the heat what with making ABS standard just before the Aspire launch. Amaze too will feel a bit of heat, but it will survive due to the Honda brand name. Zest will be very difficult to sell now. No effect on Dzire, as always.
heavenlybull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:02   #684
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Also Ecosport uses Boron steel and there is no mention about that for the Aspire.
I'm not sure if the brochures or the website carry this information. But Nigel mentioned this as a point during the launch event. Would be better if someone can confirm though. Also there was a customized warranty option which customers can buy that was talked about in the launch event, but again not in detail with respect to pricing.

Last edited by Amarkarthi : 12th August 2015 at 14:04. Reason: Adding additional information
Amarkarthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:05   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
None of the variants come with a rear camera/GPS. You will have to buy this as an accessory
still cool news, this means ford does sell this according to their brochere and there wont be after market accessory addition needed, translating no unnecessary conflict or headache with warranty.
rider60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:07   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Great pricing from Ford! With this I'm sure they will have a winner on their side. As everyone has been mentioning on this forum, this is a great relief from the recent skyward pricing of the premium vehicles.

I was really looking forward to the launch of the Aspire, especially for the DCT, Dual-Clutch-Automatic) version.

Can someone confirm the features and specs of the AT petrol ? And approximate On-road price in Delhi ?

Also I wonder, is it possible to talk to the Ford guys about providing the AT model in the top-spec version?
Hi,

I am sending you the brochure for the feature list, that was sent to me.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scan0263.pdf (374.0 KB, 562 views)
File Type: pdf scan0264.pdf (340.3 KB, 598 views)
blurust is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:08   #687
Senior - BHPian

OTR Prices Central Delhi from Carwale.

http://www.carwale.com/new/quotation...49176&t=3-4174
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-diesel.png  

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-petrol.png  

Last edited by tharian : 12th August 2015 at 14:10.
tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:09   #688
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if someone has already shared this, but here is the link to download the Aspire brochure. Also attaching it here for ready reference.

https://www.india.ford.com/buying/download-brochure

Aspire brochure.pdf
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:10   #689
BHPian

Like many have said, after the last 2 launch-day-pricing-disappointments, this has turned out to be a surprise, and a pleasant one at that! Way to go Ford!

Safe, powerful and still delivering decent fuel efficiency - that's my take on the Aspire. Now waiting for the official Team BHP review to go live. Though I still have a good half year to go for a new car, I think this makes it to the list of my 'definitely to be considered' cars. Yes, if I want to nitpick, I can go into the details of why there's no AVN integrated, no reverse camera, no push start, type of materials used for body construction and so on; having said that, especially considering the de facto 2 airbags even in the base model & 6 airbags + ABD + EBD in the top end - this makes it a good VFM offering.

And a word of caution, Ford: don't be greedy & go the Ecosport way ending up with price hikes later based on demand.
turboturtle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:16   #690
Team-BHP Support

A screengrab from their Ford Figo Aspire.pdf official brochure:

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-aspire-tech-specs.png

Driver and passenger airbag standard across all models! And what pricing! Way to go Ford!

Time for Ford's marketing department to wake up from the deep slumber and promote the hell out of this car. This one needs to roll out of their Sanand plant (related link) like hot cakes!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th August 2015 at 14:21.
Gannu_1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks