Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 20:10   #766
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
I'm sorry to say that I disagree with your post with utmost respect. I feel that your comparison is first wrong atleast with the variants of Maruti. Honestly the Titanium variant should be compared with Z variants for an apple to apple comparison. I'm not well educated for Hyundai and Honda variants - So I'm a perfect illiterate on those lines.

This should be a long distant dream as I strongly feel Ford will not have the urge first to dispatch close to 20K units to the Indian markets alone month on month.
Its actually appears a very clever pricing. Ford definitely has worked on the strategy and the eventual numbers are very segment focused.

A. Ambiente is definitely VFM for an entrant in the CS segment, undercutting most of the competition. In any case, starting ex-showroom tag of sub 5L has big psychological advantage.
B. Trend, at the most, can be termed fairly priced.
C. Price jumps up for Titanium trims. The difference between Trend & Titanium is more than the additional value offered. If one compares with Zest, feature-wise Titanium is somewhere between XMS and XT, but is priced higher than both.
D. AT surprisingly looks good value specially being the first DSG in the segment. Engine generates greater power (though lower torque, can not be ignored) than more expensive GT-TSI.
E. Titanium+ starts looking VFM moment it is compared with Titanium. If pricing remains stable, we should see more Titanium+ on road than Titanium.

All in all, since the mix of the variants is pretty wide, referencing has become tough.

All said and done, the product is nice and with power of diesel-train suitably upped wrt Ecosport/Fiesta, it ticks almost all boxes those matter. Initial reports have indicated that it scores well on the driving dynamics, at least while competing in the segment it belongs too.

Am eagerly awaiting the TBHP review. What is the reason for delay.
rsm97 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 20:17   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Is the dual clutch now locally made? Last I remember it was an imported gearbox. The engine also being 1.5L does not benefit from lower excise duty.
I believe the PowerShift gearbox is still imported, and not locally manufactured. When I was researching the EcoSport AT, I came across the following information:
  • It is the GETRAG gearbox, model number 6DCT250 (PDF, website)
  • GETRAG do not have Indian presence, the closest is China (source)
  • It supports a peak torque of 280 Nm (well within the EcoBoost 1.0's torque of 175 Nm; Ford that's a hint for you), and the unit weighs 75 kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Its actually appears a very clever pricing.
C. Price jumps up for Titanium trims. The difference between Trend & Titanium is more than the additional value offered.
E. Titanium+ starts looking VFM moment it is compared with Titanium. If pricing remains stable, we should see more Titanium+ on road than Titanium.
Nice analysis. Ford seem to be using the Titanium as loss leader for the Titanium+. People will see the smallish difference in price between Titanium and Titanium+ and feel they're getting a lot of kit for the price of the Titanium+, not realizing the difference between Trend and Titanium that you've pointed out. A very smart strategy to drive people towards the Titanium+ if they're looking for anything more than Trend, without giving them sticker shock.

Ford have updated the website with details of the accessories, along with prices.

Figo Aspire - Exterior Acessories
http://www.india.ford.com/cars/figoa...ories/exterior
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-exterior-accessories.jpg
Note: I've omitted the car cover, MMI GPS and side graphics/stickers.

Interior Accessories
http://www.india.ford.com/cars/figoa...ories/interior
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-interior-accessories.jpg

Last edited by arunphilip : 12th August 2015 at 20:47. Reason: Added response to rsm97, added accessories info
arunphilip is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 20:24   #768
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but here's the price list for different cities across the country:

https://www.india.ford.com/servlet/B...rue&blobkey=id

"Oxford White" happens to be the only solid colour option, while all others are metallic.

Last edited by RSR : 12th August 2015 at 20:27.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 20:30   #769
BHPian

The AT variant is priced at 8L ex-showroom Pune!! Its like ford read my previous comment on this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
Any guesses about the pricing for 1.5L DCT variant? Considering it would fall in the same tax bracket as the Ecosport but minus the 6 airbags and the GC can the ex showroom for it be around 8L?
All that remains is a TD and convincing the wife who has her sights set on Ecosport AT or the Jazz CVT. Somehow the looks of the Aspire did not do it for her when we saw it on display last time.
ashua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 20:43   #770
BHPian

Big thumbs up to the pricing. Not only have they got the pricing bang on, they also seem to have addressed the availability of test drive car with the dealerships, especially the automatic. I was pleasantly surprised to recieve a call from local Ford dealership that they have the AT variant for test drive available immediately.
This is a complete contrast with Honda where for past one month I have been trying for a test drive of the Jazz CVT and no dealership in Faridabad has a test drive vehicle other than manual transmissions. Had to finally email them to get in touch with a dealership in Delhi that has a CVT test drive vehicle available.

Last edited by mandywanders : 12th August 2015 at 20:55. Reason: Correcting typos.
mandywanders is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 20:57   #771
BHPian

Quote:
It's amazing that Ford is able to give a 1.5L engine with a 6 speed dual clutch unit, a very decent feature set and still undercut the Honda Jazz which has a 1.2L engine and CVT as well as the Amaze.

Is the dual clutch now locally made? Last I remember it was an imported gearbox. The engine also being 1.5L does not benefit from lower excise duty.

Honda said the 1.5L Jazz with CVT was not possible due to costs being prohibitive.
The last I heard from "friends" (not sure how reliable it is), is that the gearbox itself is imported fully sealed. The rest of the transmission parts are now "localized". This is as opposed to the early days of Ecosport when almost the entire transmission unit was imported.

I think its also about "per unit profit expectations", where Ford is forgoing in the short term in search of scale and market share. Honda and Toyota are very fussy about that. Also note that Honda gets almost all their "imported" parts from Thailand, with whom India has a Free Trade Agreement, and these parts are all imported duty free and of course cheaper than producing them in India at our smaller scale.

Interesting, how market dynamics play out. I hope Indian customers lap it up. I am very happy with my experience with the 1.5 P engine + DCT (in the Ecosport though).
Contrapunto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 21:08   #772
BHPian

Here is the OTR prices for Mumbai, Thane & Raigad

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-img_2674.jpg
witwiky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 21:09   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
This is a formula that has worked for Ford in the past (Ecosport anyone?)- step 1: launch the product at great prices, establish top-of-the-mind recall of VFM. Step 2: increase the price silently over 4-5 months. But the perception is set, and the momentum continues

Nothing wrong in the strategy, Ford's sales and marketing teams have got it bang on. During the Ecosport saga, the production planning and overall strategy (local sales vs exports etc) bombed, causing tremendous customer dissatisfaction.
You got that spot on, my friend. But, EcoSport kinda got the first mover advantage with being the first 4m mini-SUV with the looks to die for. But, the same tactic that you mentioned isn't going to work at all with the Aspire as, the c1 segment is really crowded with plethora of options and top it with some really established players like the Dzire, Xcent and the Amaze.

Additionally, if we see the variant on variant pricing for the Aspire, that's the highest in the competition and for the right reasons, of course. The fact that the Ford fellas made dual airbags standard across the lineup on their lowest offering has won them my respect! At present, airbags are a part of standard fitment only on the Titanium onward trims for the Ecosport, I believe.

Being in the price-sensitive segment, even a marginal price increase could turn out to be a debacle. So, these prices should stay as is if, Ford has any intentions to play a long innings in India.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 12th August 2015 at 21:11.
MetalBuff is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 21:27   #774
BHPian

Kudos to Ford for pricing it competitively.
Considering that it's going to be manufactured in the Sanand Plant there shouldn't be any supply constraints like Ecosport.. Unless Ford has other plans
Not sure if will impact the sales Amaze and Excent as both the companies have strong alternatives in the same showroom (i20 Elite and Jazz).Zest will be the most impacted I believe.

Monthly sales of 3-4 K will be really good.
Old 12th August 2015, 21:29   #775
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
It's amazing that Ford is able to give a 1.5L engine with a 6 speed dual clutch unit, a very decent feature set and still undercut the Honda Jazz which has a 1.2L engine and CVT as well as the Amaze.

Honda said the 1.5L Jazz with CVT was not possible due to costs being prohibitive.

Viddy, Aspire is 1495 cc diesel , under 4 meters should qualify for the duty cut. Any engine 1.5 L and above will not get the exemption.
Finally some pricing to cheer about after the Creta and S Cross pricing fiasco.
Three cheers to Ford.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 12th August 2015 at 21:33.
Old 12th August 2015, 21:39   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Viddy, Aspire is 1495 cc diesel , under 4 meters should qualify for the duty cut. Any engine 1.5 L and above will not get the exemption.
Three cheers to Ford.
The AT is mated to a 1.5 petrol. As you know, petrol gets sub-4m excise benefits only till 1.2.
Old 12th August 2015, 21:39   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Just got a call from the local dealer requesting me to come down to test drive the diesel MT or petrol AT 1.5. I might go there tomorrow. He says the pricing will be announced on 11th evening (tomorrow) or on the morning of 12th. He didn't not have the petrol MT variant for TD which he said will only be available by the end of this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I also got a call from Elite Ford Marathahalli Bangalore today. I could not pick up as I was in a meeting. I had asked them to call me once the TD's were available. So looks like it was a call for the same reason. May be will drop by tomorrow.

Good to hear that the AT TD is also available.
So did any of you guys get a chance to test drive the AT 1.5 variants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Three cheers to Ford.
The AT is available in petrol only, so 1.5 L engine does not get an exemption.
Old 12th August 2015, 21:48   #778
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
The AT is mated to a 1.5 petrol. As you know, petrol gets sub-4m excise benefits only till 1.2.

Thanks mate. Viddy, apologies, got it wrong.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 12th August 2015 at 21:52.
Old 12th August 2015, 22:41   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Does anyone know the price of the accessory which is supposed to provide the rear parking camera/sensor and GPS navigation with display on the IRVM?

IRVM with GPS and rear parking camera is for 29K.
IRVM with rear parking camera only is approx. 11 K.

Mods, when is the official review going to be published? *waiting*
witwiky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 22:47   #780
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire - Bangalore Price List

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Received Price list for Bangalore
Which dealer was the quote from?

I have a quote from Metro Ford with insurance on a higher side compared to the one posted here! Comprehensive (30376) + B2B (5187)

OTR Price varies as well
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-aspire.jpg  

Last edited by vinu99@gmail.co : 12th August 2015 at 23:00. Reason: Adding attachment
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks