Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 08:21   #136
BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post

@nkghai any chance of fortuner's re-intro and santa fe's fresh introduction via CSD??
Yet no news of these two vehicles. Will spread my tentacles and in case of something, will let all know.
It actually depends upon the manufacturer. Canteen Department seldom refuses or turns down requests for introduction.
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:29   #137
BHPian

CSD has uploaded a pdf file which gives station wise details of vehicles available ex csd, rates, dealers name and telephone numbers. It gives details of dealers across country for example, if you want to buy in Gurgaon but ex csd at Hissar, you dont have to go to Hissar, go to the dealer name given in the pdf file for the vehicle. Of course you may have to go to Hissar for paper submission but your vehicle will be delivered ex Gurgaon only by the dealer listed.

Click on this link to access http://csdindia.gov.in/writereaddata...DEC%202015.pdf

Here remember one thing that rates will be outdated as after budget some additions will be there but then you can get latest rates from the dealer mentioned.

Hope it helps.
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 16:59   #138
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hey guys I am back with another doubt that's recently come up.
Firstly let me say that the Xuv500 w10 we bought has been really great so far. (touch wood)
We use it quite often for driving from chandigarh to ludhiana.(165 km) and it's a real pleasure cruising on the roads. It really is a mile-muncher.

Now onto the problem that's bothering me.
So basically we had purchased the car from ranchi through the army csd(Note : we did not pay any vat when we made payment) . And we were planning to get the registration done in Punjab. So normally we got a temperory registration and proceeded to give the documents etc to a middlemen here in Punjab who said he will get the registration done.
Now we initially made a payment to him close to Rs 1lac(8% on price).
After which he delayed closed to a month and now he called up saying we need to make another payment as we haven't payed vat. Apparently in Punjab they charge an additional of 16% for civilians and 8% for army personnel.
I am actually in a doubt regarding this whether it's legit or not.
Normally when ppl quote registration charges for different states they say for example Punjab 8 %. But in actual it would be 8% and additional 14 % or
8 %in my case.
Hence my dilemma regarding this.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10th March 2016, 21:11   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by phro View Post
Hey guys I am back with another doubt that's recently come up.
Firstly let me say that the Xuv500 w10 we bought has been really great so far. (touch wood)
We use it quite often for driving from chandigarh to ludhiana.(165 km) and it's a real pleasure cruising on the roads. It really is a mile-muncher.

Now onto the problem that's bothering me.
So basically we had purchased the car from ranchi through the army csd(Note : we did not pay any vat when we made payment) . And we were planning to get the registration done in Punjab. So normally we got a temperory registration and proceeded to give the documents etc to a middlemen here in Punjab who said he will get the registration done.
Now we initially made a payment to him close to Rs 1lac(8% on price).
After which he delayed closed to a month and now he called up saying we need to make another payment as we haven't payed vat. Apparently in Punjab they charge an additional of 16% for civilians and 8% for army personnel.
I am actually in a doubt regarding this whether it's legit or not.
Normally when ppl quote registration charges for different states they say for example Punjab 8 %. But in actual it would be 8% and additional 14 % or
8 %in my case.
Hence my dilemma regarding this.
Thanks in advance.
We bought XUV w10 from a dealer in Haryana through CSD depot Ambala. CSD purchases are exempted from VAT in all states. Since the car is registered on my Dad's name who has permanent residence in Himachal we got it registered in Himachal. There is a rule that you have to pay entry tax in a particular state for car purchased from a different state. But all CSD purchases are again exempted from this rule. You have to get a certificate from excise department that this is a CSD purchase and submit to local RTO. With this certificate entry tax should get waived off while registering the vehicle as long as rules are same in all states. Hope this helps.
Old 17th March 2016, 08:23   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post
Wow, thats great news. It surely will make many hearts happy who were looking for this machine to come via csd.

@nkghai any chance of fortuner's re-intro and santa fe's fresh introduction via CSD??
Good news for the forces guys.

As per a birdie in CSD HO, they have started the process for introduction of following vehicles through canteen:-
  • Vitara Brezza.
  • KUV 100.
  • New Ford Endeavour.
  • Toyota Fortuner.
So expect that in a couple of weeks, all these will be on the csd list.
Old 18th March 2016, 15:44   #141
BHPian

Had a word with the VW dealer at Ahmedabad.

The Polo GT TSI is approx 7.95L ex showroom CSD rate. Prices have gone up by almost 30k.
Old 25th March 2016, 09:56   #142
BHPian

Update.
Good news for Maruti lovers.
VITARA BREZZA now available from csd canteen.
Cheers.
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 10:29   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Update.
Good news for Maruti lovers.
VITARA BREZZA now available from csd canteen.
Cheers.
Very prompt action by Maruti
Do you have the details of dealer/ rates?
Old 25th March 2016, 13:55   #144
BHPian

Thats indeed a very nice move by CSD deptt and maruti of course

Would love to see equally prompt action by ford and toyota too

Waiting anxiously.
Old 25th March 2016, 18:16   #145
BHPian

Can anyone tell me what's the time frame in which a second vehicle can bought through CSD after the first vehicle which was also purchased through CSD. I understand the time gap is 3 years. Can anyone confirm on the same.
Old 25th March 2016, 18:24   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
Can anyone tell me what's the time frame in which a second vehicle can bought through CSD after the first vehicle which was also purchased through CSD. I understand the time gap is 3 years. Can anyone confirm on the same.
Time gap for the next buy after purchase of a car through CSD is 4 years as of now. For example, we got our Polo TDI in April 2012 through CSD and will only be eligible to buy the next car after April 2016.

With the Vitara Brezza launched in the CSD, can anyone please upload the CSD prices for it. Thanks in advance.
GameOfCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 18:28   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
Can anyone tell me what's the time frame in which a second vehicle can bought through CSD after the first vehicle which was also purchased through CSD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Time gap for the next buy after purchase of a car through CSD is 4 years as of now.
The time frame varies as per rank. For Officers, as GameOfCars said, it is 4 years. For other ranks, the stipulation is once during service and once after retirement. Hony Commissioned JCOs can purchase cars after 7 years. Also, whereas Officers can buy cars upto 2500 cc, other ranks are entitled to buy cars upto 1500 cc only.

Link : http://csdindia.gov.in/clientele/gui...gh-CSD-new.pdf

Last edited by Navneet : 25th March 2016 at 18:37.
Navneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 21:04   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
The time frame varies as per rank. For Officers, as GameOfCars said, it is 4 years. For other ranks, the stipulation is once during service and once after retirement. Hony Commissioned JCOs can purchase cars after 7 years. Also, whereas Officers can buy cars upto 2500 cc, other ranks are entitled to buy cars upto 1500 cc only.

Link : http://csdindia.gov.in/clientele/gui...gh-CSD-new.pdf
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Appreciate it. Looks like I need to wait for 2 more years for buying a car in my dad's name who is ex-servicemen.
Old 26th March 2016, 10:12   #149
BHPian

The time limit is absolutely what Navneet mentioned but theres a little change in engine capacity for Officers. Now the engine capacity for officers has been increased till 3000 cc.

With the likely intro of Endeavour in CSD, 2.2 cc will be available via CSD but 3.2 versions wont be.
Old 17th April 2016, 10:14   #150
BHPian

Hi Guys, the Hyundai Santa Fe 2 WD MT is now available through CSD under index no 64533, among a lot of other vehicles / models which have been included under CSD umbrella. rate quoted in site is Rs 2582475/-.
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks