Smoke Grey color.
VIN Decoding

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-capturefigo.jpg
Old 20th October 2015, 07:45   #587
Senior - BHPian

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
My only gripe is that they told me they cannot have the reverse sensors body colored.
Congratulations on the figo. For the reverse sensor, the ford site does state that they can be painted body colour. They will charge u extra for it but they should do it. Since I have booked the Aspire Ambinete, I have to get the orvms and door handles painted, for which they have quoted 2000. They have said that the sensor can be painted along with those (if I do buy it - it is terribly overpriced IMO).
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 08:13   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Took the Figo diesel for a test drive today from Metro Ford.

Reminded me of the first time I drove the GT TSI and had a smile on my face.
Everything inside and outside of the car appealed to me. Have asked for a longer test drive in the coming week.
Except for a turn which I took at good speeds and ended up making the car a bit jumpy, it was all good.
Not to forget about the power which is the highlight.
They quoted a decent buy back for my Figo Petrol which honestly I was surprised at., which made me thinking now since I had no plans to change cars.
Knowing you like to push car car fair bit, how did you find steering feel and suspension compared to old Figo? I am in exact same dilemma as you.
Old 20th October 2015, 08:18   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Thank you guys!
Booked Ford Figo Hatchback for my grand parents.

1.2 Petrol Ambiente variant.
Smoke Grey color.
My only gripe is that they told me they cannot have the reverse sensors body colored.
Congratulations!!

What color are the reverse sensors anyway? I have booked a Tuxedo Black Figo 1.5D and am planning to install the reverse sensors too, if they are black, I am good else will have to inform the SA to get it painted.

Quote:
No freebies as such... and the insurance savings of around 6k.
For the insurance, as I understand, you have got it from outside. The quote I got from my agent (Dad's freind actually) is a good 13K cheaper than what quoted by the dealer.

Did the SA provide the Engine and Chasis number; or just VIN number? Please refer to the post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I have followed the link and have indeed got all the details for my Figo, to be brought home on Dussehera!

I have another query though, I am getting Insurance from outside, so my insurance agent is asking for Engine and Chasis number.

My SA has only provided me the VIN number and told me that for Ford it's enough. They don't have separate Engine and Chasis number, which I don't believe.

Can someone please help me in this regard?
Old 20th October 2015, 08:46   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Knowing you like to push car car fair bit, how did you find steering feel and suspension compared to old Figo? I am in exact same dilemma as you.
Steering wasn't as dead as I expected. I would say it falls in between a Hyundai and the old Figo.
Suspension is set for comfort and could be felt during a turn in which the car started bobbing, which can be set right also with fatter tires. The thud we could hear on the old Figo will not be there on this one too.

Overall, like me if you want a go-kart like the old Figo, you will not get that on this, but the power of that diesel engine will make up for it.
The package on whole is good . Yes, the car is lighter, feels lighter as well , but there are numerous other positive changes compared to the old Figo and for the pricing, I would say go for it.(diesel, not petrol )
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 06:32   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Have been rummaging through all the sites and press releases, but can't seem to get hold of the info of which all variants have the rear washer/wiper. Is it cause its a default feature
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
There is no specific mention anywhere like they've mentioned the presence of the rear defogger in the top two variants but the rear wiper is seen in all the titanium variant pics from the website, media pictures & brochure. So I think its safe to say, its very much there at least in the top two variants.
tjacob is right - the rear wiper, washer, and defogger are present on only the Titanium and Titanium+ variants of the Figo. Here is a photo of the rear of the Trend variant of the Figo 1.2P, devoid of all those three. Also notice the clean rear-end: as its a petrol, there's no fuel badge, and there's no variant badge presumably since its not one of the top 2 variants.
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-wp_20151020_15_07_09_pro.jpg
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 18:28   #592
BHPian

Just had a test drive of the diesel figo while my old figo was being serviced for a faulty headlight control stalk.

Before i come to the driving experience , i must say being the main showroom in Goa with another small one up north , it was completely deserted. Being the eve of dussehra the Hyundai showroom which is close by was packed with prospective customers. I had a good discussion with the Sales assistant about the below par showroom footfalls and scarcity of Figo's and aspires on Goa's roads. He did agree that fords marketing is not upto mark but due to production constraints and perceived long waiting period they dont advertise when they reach their monthly booking quota ,the figure he quoted ,which according to me really shows ford's lazy attitude and speaks volumes of their commitment to be anywhere in the top 3 list of manufactures.

Anyways coming back to the car, the exterior looks and design is good, doesn't have that wow feeling but good enough for it not to get lost in the crowd. Even though the car is light it doesn't feel like a tin can and the build quality is really good.
The interior quality seems to be a step up from my old figo, on par with the swift but a bit below the grand i10 and polo. Rear head room is a concern for tall passengers sitting upright, im 5'11 and had a few mm of clearance while sitting upright though its better when leaning a bit.

The drive was good, the engine is really a gem as others have rightly pointed out and the suspension does justice to the engine though not in the same league as the old figo.
The figo seems to tick most of the boxes but there is nothing that makes it stand out from the crowd other than that diesel engine. For the quoted price ford could have given a couple of more features that would really set it apart from the rest.

When I bought my figo in feb of 2011 at 4 lakhs on road for the base, it was really VMF as compared to the then competition. But today the same base figo with the same or no features cost a lakh more and even in the higher trims it doesn't feel all that VMF anymore given how well the competition has uped the ante. Maybe its just me but there is not alot of excitement when i think about the new figo, even though its top of my list when i do replace the old one in a few months from now , but i feel the new figo has lost its character that the old one still brings a smiley on my face every time i drive even though i drive the 1.2 petrol with its mediocre performance.

Hope Ford increases its production for both the Figo and aspire to give their helpless Sales people some incentive to get off their back side and bring some awareness to the hordes of customers shopping at the Hyundai,Maruti and Honda showrooms who seem to think that nothng better exists in the world other than these three..

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 21st October 2015 at 18:31.
rambo1o1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 19:57   #593
BHPian

My car has arrived at the stockyard of dealear and did a detailed PDI according to TBHP checklist today. Everything looks good for tomorrow's delivery!

It's certain that I will not get the registration number tomorrow (due to holiday) and perhaps not even on Friday. Will it be okay to drive around within the city on weekend?
teemus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 22:14   #594
BHPian

Quote:
My car has arrived at the stockyard of dealear and did a detailed PDI according to TBHP checklist today. Everything looks good for tomorrow's delivery!

It's certain that I will not get the registration number tomorrow (due to holiday) and perhaps not even on Friday. Will it be okay to drive around within the city on weekend?
Hi teemus ! Hearty Congratulations !
I was, in fact , going to message you tomorrow to inquire about your Figo delivery and wish you good luck.(I remember you had said you would get delivery on Dussehra).

Fellow BHPian KreativeGeek has written an excellent ownership report of his Figo Aspire (Also bought from Talera Ford) and he was in a similar situation regarding temporary number, so I will just quote what he has written:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
There was minor delay in dispatch of the lot in which my car was supposed to arrive from Ford’s plant in Sanand, Gujarat because of Patel reservation riots and RTO registration was delayed by a day in Pune due to Bharat Bandh strike, 17 days in total to take final delivery on 4th September. We reached Talera Ford showroom on time as per the muhurat, we saw our car parked for washing and cleaning, after a brief wait we collected car invoice, manual and understood servicing and oil change intervals.
Quote:
I was anxiously waiting to get my car registration papers because carrying right set of documents would help us take our new ride with TC sticker without getting caught for wrong reasons while embarking on maiden highway trip to Mumbai in our new car for a family function. The sales rep from Talera ford texted me car number late in the evening and he mentioned probably he may not be able to get the number plate ready by the time I had to leave for Mumbai so we visited nearby temple in the morning and collected RTO registration and road tax invoice from him, now next stop was at the fuel outlet near the U turn of waked bridge to top fuel tank with 30 litres of Diesel as the car was running at reserve level.
I think he can help you and might have useful information in this regard since the dealer/city/RTO is the same in both your cases. Here is the link to his ownership report:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-titanium.html

Congratulations once again and waiting eagerly for your ownership report. Wish you many happy and safe miles with your new car and wishing you Happy Dussehra.
HolyDriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 22:44   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

My car has arrived & the CRTM done too.

Going to take the delivery tomorrow from the stockyard

Cant wait

Last edited by karan561 : 21st October 2015 at 22:54.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 23:19   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
My car has arrived & the CRTM done too.

Going to take the delivery tomorrow from the stockyard

Cant wait
Awesome! Hearty Congratulations !
Which model/colour have you opted for?
Guess (and hope) this festive season is bringing ownership smiles and exciting miles to many T-Bhpians.
HolyDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 23:51   #597
BHPian

Folks,
Does anyone know if the Figo Automatic is actually available for purchase? My dad tried to make a booking in Goa, but the dealer said that they have no ETA on it.
Thanks.
Old 21st October 2015, 23:56   #598
BHPian

Quote:
I have another query though, I am getting Insurance from outside, so my insurance agent is asking for Engine and Chasis number.

My SA has only provided me the VIN number and told me that for Ford it's enough. They don't have separate Engine and Chasis number, which I don't believe.

Can someone please help me in this regard?
For all others who are confused about Ford VIN numbers.
Fords VIN number and chassis number is the same. Engine number is substring of VIN/Chassis number.

Eg VIN: MAJGYXLTKGEJ21321
engine number is EJ21321.

Hope it helps.
krsna777 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 00:02   #599
BHPian

Thank you so much HolyDriver!

Waiting eagerly to bring the black beauty home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Fellow BHPian KreativeGeek has written an excellent ownership report of his Figo Aspire...
Yes, I have been following his ownership report. I will talk to the SA tomorrow to get it at least on Friday.

There is one other thing that I have to check without fail tomorrow is the toolkit in the car.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-toolkit1.jpg

The details I got from the VIN number shows "Less Tyre Repair Service Kit"
Does that mean there is no toolkit in the car? I don't know how I forgot to check this point; maybe I was too overwhelmed on seeing the car in flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
For all others who are confused about Ford VIN numbers.
Fords VIN number and chassis number is the same. Engine number is substring of VIN/Chassis number.

Eg VIN: MAJGYXLTKGEJ21321
engine number is EJ21321.

Hope it helps.
Yes! Forgot to add, indeed for Ford vehicles, VIN in itself has Engine as well as Chassis number. There is no separate Engine number plate inside the bonnet, like some other cars.

Last edited by teemus : 22nd October 2015 at 00:12. Reason: added a quote
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 00:30   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goacom View Post
Folks,
Does anyone know if the Figo Automatic is actually available for purchase? My dad tried to make a booking in Goa, but the dealer said that they have no ETA on it.
Thanks.
I had spoken to the SA at the verna showroom about the availability of the aspire/figo 1.5 AT today. According to them the car is available but the current production is low even for regular models, waiting period is 1 to 2 months max. So expect similar if not more waiting period for the 1.5 AT. Since they have already filled up their mediocre booking quota for the month don't expect them to be eager to sell you the car. you'll have to book the car and then pester them to speed up the delivery .lol

The sales people at the verna showroom are nice and accommodating, im sure they can help you out. Wishing you a Happy booking experience

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 22nd October 2015 at 00:32.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks