Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2015, 14:48   #136
Team-BHP Support

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

A second 12V socket? Does the facelifted Swift have one?

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-2015marutidzirefaceliftpowersocketspottedatdealeryard.jpg
Source: IAB

Location might be at the centre plastic trim behind the handbrake.

Paragbhai, I guess MSIL took inspiration from your DIY.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 15:01   #137
BANNED

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I agree with you that the new front end looks better but what totally detracts you is that god awful chrome grill!

It looks like they went to the Honda plant nearby and flicked the chrome grill from them!

Imagine the same new bumper but without that chrome grille. So much more pleasing.
But Maruti may want to differentiate the hatch and sedan much more than the current ones. Currently, from a distance, you cannot differentiate them as both have black grills (though the design is different, you cannot distinguish it from a distance). Now, with this new "chromy" DZire, anyone can differentiate between both!
Old 20th February 2015, 15:42   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But Maruti may want to differentiate the hatch and sedan much more than the current ones. Currently, from a distance, you cannot differentiate them as both have black grills (though the design is different, you cannot distinguish it from a distance). Now, with this new "chromy" DZire, anyone can differentiate between both!
If that is the matter, then that is again like taking a cue from Honda. The Brio has a fuller chrome grill and the Amaze has a couple of thinner slats of chrome on the grill.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 15:58   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A second 12V socket? Does the facelifted Swift have one?
Source: IAB

Location might be at the centre plastic trim behind the handbrake.

Paragbhai, I guess MSIL took inspiration from your DIY.

In fact I just looked at the picture and was about to reply till I saw that last line from you referring to my DIY in the Ertiga.

The location is exactly the same. In coming days, I am adding a 3rd one as I realized two were too less during my recent drive to Ahmedabad. One fellow needed Belkin plugged in for powering up his Lappy for long hours as he worked, I needed one for logging on my PND Device rendering the dashcam useless most of the times.

Not to forget the mobile phones from 4 occupants that cried for charge often.

EDIT: I can even guess why they have placed the socket on the side and not exactly in the center. This is because the Handbrake cable is too close to the socket's end and when you raise the handbrake, the 2 cables interfere with the socket due to the movement.

In my case, I had to drill that hole carefully after ascertaining enough gap was present behind the socket for zero interference.

Last edited by paragsachania : 20th February 2015 at 16:03.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 20:27   #140
Senior - BHPian

Seems ACI have got their hands on the new Dzire before official launch

Got the below tweet from them

We tell you what's new on the updated 2015 #Maruti #SwiftDzire >> http://ow.ly/JqYDl http://t.co/ohtUSJ8FlP
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-dz2.jpg  

fx45 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 21:49   #141
Senior - BHPian

Now-a-days, the Japanese car makers are behaving like the erstwhile Koreans.

In fact the Koreans are more matured now(See: Verna facelift).
Old 21st February 2015, 22:44   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Now-a-days, the Japanese car makers are behaving like the erstwhile Koreans.

In fact the Koreans are more matured now(See: Verna facelift).

Considering the offerings in this segment, the Dzire is no less or no more ugly than any other competitors. The interiors are very well done and it gives two outstanding engines as well with good mileage.

BTW check Ciaz if you want to compare it against Verna.
Old 22nd February 2015, 03:56   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Considering the offerings in this segment, the Dzire is no less or no more ugly than any other competitors. The interiors are very well done and it gives two outstanding engines as well with good mileage.

BTW check Ciaz if you want to compare it against Verna.

Completely agree with you. The dzire still is the best looking, under 4m sedan available. Even the Ertiga looks much much better proportioned than the Mobilio! And this is just about the exteriors, the interiors of MS are way ahead of Honda in this segment !
Rohitj92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 19:27   #144

Seems like Maruti has silently launched the facelift as per this website - http://www.motortrend.in/autonews/67...ial-review.htm

However, the official twitter channel of Maruti isn't giving out any dates for the launch. What's going on Maruti?
Old 22nd February 2015, 20:14   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

The Maruti-Suzuki 2015 DZire facelift is now the most fuel-efficient car in India.
The leaked brochure scan shows that the car's diesel variants deliver an ARAI certified Fuel Efficiency of 26.59 kmpl, which is more than the (current Mileage leader) diesel Ciaz's certified 26.2 kmpl.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-2015marutiswiftdziremileagebrochureleak.jpg

SOURCE - Indian Hoods

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd February 2015 at 20:16.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 20:55   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
Completely agree with you. The dzire still is the best looking, under 4m sedan available. Even the Ertiga looks much much better proportioned than the Mobilio! And this is just about the exteriors, the interiors of MS are way ahead of Honda in this segment !
Best looking?
IMO Zest>Xcent>Dzire>Amaze
Old 24th February 2015, 10:09   #147
BHPian

So now I guess it is launched. Still looks pretty drab in my opinion. Nice to see bluetooth steering mounted controls though.
Old 24th February 2015, 10:14   #148
Team-BHP Support

Only one word! YUCK!

The outgoing model was so elegant in comparison. I think MUL should focus on providing safety equipment and some convenience features instead of doing these horrible upgrades.

Jeez... what were they thinking?!!
Old 24th February 2015, 10:21   #149
Senior - BHPian

Refreshed Maruti Dzire launched

Maruti Suzuki has introduced the refreshed Dzire compact sedan which is now more fuel efficient than ever before. Fuel efficiency figures have been bumped up to the tune of ~13% for the diesel, taking the ARAI figures up from 23.4 kmpl to 26.59 kmpl, making it the most fuel-efficient car in the country and beating its premium sibling - Ciaz (26.21 kmpl). Even the petrol motor witnesses a bump in fuel efficiency by 9% taking the ARAI figures from 19.1 kmpl to 20.85 kmpl. These improved figures are a result of changes to the engine hardware to improve thermal efficiency, reduce frictional losses and changes in engine calibration.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-16437717800_9afab14194_z.jpg

Link to news article
S2!!! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 10:31   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Best looking?
IMO Zest>Xcent>Dzire>Amaze
Agree more or less with your ranking, however these sub 4m cars do look quirky from some angle or the other. But I find the rear of Amaze the most matured and best designed among all other sub 4m cars. It is the front and particularly the headlamps that needs to be reworked to make Amaze a better looking car. But with the new D'zire on the block, the quirky styling competition is really getting hot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks