Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2015, 10:55   #151
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Im pretty surprised seeing the mileage figures of Dzire. Basically confused on how Dzire is more fuel efficient compared to the Swift.

Ciaz, Dzire and Swift share the same engine, the 1.3L DDiS. My point is, in terms of weight Ciaz > Dzire > Swift. Now, Ciaz has a VGT and other two has FGT. So, I will take Ciaz off the comparison as the engines are tuned differently. With Dzire and Swift having the same engine and tune with Swift weighing less, shouldn't Swift have a better mileage??

What is making Dzire the most fuel efficient car? Is the Dzire tuned differently compared to Swift? If Yes, WHY?? If not, is it because of the aerodynamics of a Sedan being different to that of a hatchback which is negating the weight advantage? Experts - please help me understand.
Old 24th February 2015, 11:04   #152
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Uhh!! the already quirky Dzire is competing for The Quirky Design of The Year every year it seems. The Alto or should I say City inspired front grille is making it loose its own character. Is this really a facelift or something like facedown?
Old 24th February 2015, 11:16   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
What is making Dzire the most fuel efficient car? Is the Dzire tuned differently compared to Swift? If Yes, WHY?? If not, is it because of the aerodynamics of a Sedan being different to that of a hatchback which is negating the weight advantage? Experts - please help me understand.
Pretty sure the changes made to the engines have been extended across Swift, Dzire and Ciaz. The Ciaz being in a higher state of tune is stil returning better mileage owing to better aerodynamics. Same case with Swift.

Guess the Ritz will get the same treatment too if they are continuing with it in India.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 11:23   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

If I am right, even the Xcent has been rated at a higher FE than the Grand i10. The relation between the Xcent and the Grand i10 is the same as the Swift & the D'zire. Though unclear, but may be better aerodynamics in the sedan models are resulting in better figures.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 11:57   #155

AAHHHHHH my EYES !!! What is this Is this what you call upgrade ? for god sake take some cue from Hyundai for updates. Slap a big chrome mustache, tinker around with some more chrome, tune up the engine a bit, and voila - you have an upgrade !! That's what Maruti think. Now, for me personally, the crown for being the most ugly confused little sedan rest squarely on Dzire.
Old 24th February 2015, 13:12   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Basically confused on how Dzire is more fuel efficient compared to the Swift.
Is it because of the aerodynamics of a Sedan being different to that of a hatchback which is negating the weight advantage ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
The Ciaz being in a higher state of tune is still returning better mileage owing to better aerodynamics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Though unclear, but may be better aerodynamics in the sedan models are resulting in better figures.
Not sure if aerodynamic parameters like Cd (drag coefficient) & frontal area (same for Swift & D-Zire) influence fuel-efficiency significantly in this case (Swift vs D-Zire).
The fuel-efficiency numbers are calculated from 'cycles' on a rolling road & not in the real world.
Cross-posting from another thread in Team-Bhp on the topic of fuel-efficiency determination.
The aerodynamic drag is factored in using pre-defined values based on body types.

Interestingly, an old paper on 'Cycle Beating' :

CycleBeating.PDF
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 15:34   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Only one word! YUCK!

The outgoing model was so elegant in comparison. I think MUL should focus on providing safety equipment and some convenience features instead of doing these horrible upgrades.

Jeez... what were they thinking?!!
Don't worry, this too shall sell. The last thing people (that buy cars like these) care about is how it looks. Who knows, with all that chrome, these might even sell couple of thousand a month more than the outgoing version!
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 15:47   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Don't worry, this too shall sell. The last thing people (that buy cars like these) care about is how it looks. Who knows, with all that chrome, these might even sell couple of thousand a month more than the outgoing version!
They will for surely sell more than the outgoing model!!

Dont we all remember the Old Dzire being replaced by the sub 4 mtrs and the reactions galore- It is quirky, wont sell, kill the product etc!!

What happens? Dzire sells probably more than all the next three Subs combined- Amaze/Xcent and Zest.

Thats the power of the Maruti brand.
Old 24th February 2015, 16:00   #159
BHPian

Design is a personal thing - Specially exterior design.

But according to me what matters is how you feel and what value you get once you are "inside" the car and that is where you will spend most of your time.

Even if the nose is bulby, the moustache quirky etc etc, they are just outside things viewed by people on the road and not by you when you are inside the car sitting or driving. But when you have loads of features, a quiet engine and a reduced fuel bill, the smile which will come to your face will be worth it.

having said that i frown on the new thick chrome grill but would be willing to live with it.

As they say - "Har kisi ko mukammal jahan nahin milta, kahin zamin tau kahin aasman nahin milta".
autobahnjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 08:53   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

In my opinion, this is a reasonable facelift with the below features when normally they just come up with some stickering jobs.

Electronically foldable ORVMs
Engine Push Start/Stop
Bluetooth Control on Steering
Reverse Parking Sensor
Rear Accessory Socket
Improved FE

And that too these upgrades are done when the sales chart is hitting 17K consistently, this beats the combined figure of Amaze, Xcent and Zest by a big margin.

Last month sales of Dzire is 19533. Amaze + Xcent + Zest = 13576
Old 25th February 2015, 09:47   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

In my opinion, this is a reasonable facelift with the below features when normally they just come up with some stickering jobs.
Couldn't agree more with your statement Arun.

Its all the more brownie points to Maruti, who don't seem to have a Qualified/Professional design team at all. After the first facelift of that ugly looking Dzire (Version 1), I really though Maruti are coming of age with respect to design.

IMO the first facelift D-zire looks way better than this dumb mix & match (Un)D-Zire !!

Quote:

Last month sales of Dzire is 19533. Amaze + Xcent + Zest = 13576
Just goes to show that in India, if Premier Rio was to be badged by Maruti, it would beat Ecosport out of the sales chart!!

P.S -
I don't mean to offend Dzire or Rio owners. I am just trying to emphasize the fact that legacy plays the most important role in Indian consumer market.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 25th February 2015 at 09:52.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 11:00   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
Design is a personal thing - Specially exterior design.

But according to me what matters is how you feel and what value you get once you are "inside" the car and that is where you will spend most of your time.
I agree to an extent. I am in the market for a car to be purchased in April sometime. Dzire is very high on my priority list only because I have driven my swift for about 2 lakh kms and have very high regards for the MUL + Fiat Engine combination.

The Dzire is not the best looking car, and it sells like it does for a reason
Old 25th February 2015, 12:38   #163
BHPian

Does the rear-end have any changes? Is it just the photography angles and special effects or have they really changed any lines?
http://www.marutisuzuki.com/Dzire.aspx
Old 25th February 2015, 12:39   #164
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I agree to an extent. I am in the market for a car to be purchased in April sometime. Dzire is very high on my priority list only because I have driven my swift for about 2 lakh kms and have very high regards for the MUL + Fiat Engine combination.

The Dzire is not the best looking car, and it sells like it does for a reason
When directly viewed from rear, Dzire is the best looking one followed by Zest, Amaze and last, Xcent.

And though a bit awkward, Dzire has the sportiest side profile, imo.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 13:39   #165
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
You above statement is spot on! Me having owned both the Dzire Ldi & Amaze i-dtec for some time find the Dzire much more entertaining to drive & it also feels nice inside. The loud rough sounding engine is a huge turn off in the Amaze.
Just hope they have improved the braking in the Dzire L & V variants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks