Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 16:21   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Agree with you, and hence I mentioned that there should be an option available. Some of us do not change cars every 2-3 years, so if the cars we already have are also updated/refreshed then we would be more loyal to the brand, wouldn't we?
I am with you Dass but if only "wishes could be Horses"....
Sigh. Good things sometimes just get better
Old 30th October 2014, 09:40   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*

Dzire facelift pics appear - new alloys, Push button start /stop and Chrome grill are are the visible changes.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-b1iqijscqaabxrt.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-b1iqh6ccuaa68t6.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Dzire Facelift caught uncamouflaged!* EDIT: Now launched!*-b1iqj9rcuaadqmm.jpg

Source:Gaadiwaadi
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 09:52   #63
BHPian

Not many changes in the facellift except for the grille, alloys and the addition of start stop button. I personally preferred the older alloys and grille on the Dzire. Hope Maruti doesn't add any tacky graphics or any other stupid add ons on the facelift.
Old 30th October 2014, 10:01   #64
Senior - BHPian

the first one reminds the old saying, "like putting lipstick on a pig". Sorry couldn't resist. Maruti does have a habit of adding tasteless cosmetics to aging models.
lurker is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 10:07   #65
BHPian

Not sure if it's just me but, the Dzire in the above pictures (front particularly) has started to look a lot like the Amaze.

Cheers,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 30th October 2014, 10:19   #66
BHPian

They have just copied the front chrome strip from Amaze! Can't they be more creative?
Old 30th October 2014, 11:28   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
the first one reminds the old saying, "like putting lipstick on a pig". Sorry couldn't resist. Maruti does have a habit of adding tasteless cosmetics to aging models.
hahahhaaa, that's one hilliarious explanation. He is right, Maruti is beyond my imagination. They fool Indian people. Be it latest K10, Swift or this Dzire. I mean they are stealing money from the consumers in name of foolish cars.
Old 30th October 2014, 11:50   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikast_ap View Post
hahahhaaa, that's one hilliarious explanation. He is right, Maruti is beyond my imagination. They fool Indian people. Be it latest K10, Swift or this Dzire. I mean they are stealing money from the consumers in name of foolish cars.
What is so foolish about Maruti cars? Please do not insult the owners of Maruti cars.

I agree that the current team of designers are making them worse but please do not forget that its Maruti that takes bolder steps and create a new segment most of the times.
Old 30th October 2014, 12:10   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Glad that you decided not to be a fool and bought an awesome handling car which every enthusiast dreams of

Mods: Kindly delete my post if its not needed, I don't like the idea of offending people over the internet, but still OP could have used better words.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 30th October 2014 at 12:14.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 14:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I actually like the current alloy design more than the new one! Why change the design just for the sake of it, especially if it is one that the customers have no complaints on?

That was the case even in the past with Swift facelift too - I liked the original 7-spoke alloys on first generation Swift more than 8-spoke version that came in 2008.
I stand corrected on my above statement after seeing the new alloys on Swift. Seeing how bad they could've made it, this is a commendable effort and still tolerable compared to Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Agree with you, and hence I mentioned that there should be an option available. Some of us do not change cars every 2-3 years, so if the cars we already have are also updated/refreshed then we would be more loyal to the brand, wouldn't we?
That is their business model to ensure car sales keep ticking. I doubt the bean counters there would allow it even if they want to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I agree that the current team of designers are making them worse but please do not forget that its Maruti that takes bolder steps and create a new segment most of the times.
While I disagree with the statement of OP, I don't think Maruti ever creates a new segment. Someone else creates the segment and Maruti monopolizes it in a few years by giving a VFM offering. I'm speaking about post 2000 era since thats where we started seeing others coming in.

Premium hatch: Getz came first though Swift rules the segment
Compact Sedan: Indigo CS came first but Dzire rules the segment
Old 30th October 2014, 15:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That is their business model to ensure car sales keep ticking. I doubt the bean counters there would allow it even if they want to do it.
A lost business opportunity if you ask me. If they were to offer these new features to be added to the old cars, I am sure a lot of those older vehicle owners would queue up to get these updates. Maruti continues to make money from already sold vehicles too, and not just through service. That is what I mean to say. withholding some fetures for a facelift is normal, so when the facelift is launched, even the existing cars should be offered them at a cost.
Old 30th October 2014, 15:11   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
What is so foolish about Maruti cars? Please do not insult the owners of Maruti cars.

Boss, no offense to anyone, I am a Swift owner myself and I love it. But look at this, the 2011 Swift was way ahead of the previous Swift, but the 2014 version is just a rip off from the Elite i20. The features are just a copy. They should do justice to all the love they get from Indian people. Give us atleast a car to drool upon, like the Kizashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Glad that you decided not to be a fool and bought an awesome handling car which every enthusiast dreams of

Mods: Kindly delete my post if its not needed, I don't like the idea of offending people over the internet, but still OP could have used better words.
I guess I didn't used any offensive words as I am a proud owner of a Swift. But that doesn't change my view on how Maruti smartly plays the game.

Last edited by Stratos : 31st October 2014 at 11:51.
Old 30th October 2014, 15:21   #73
BANNED

Quote:
If Maruti is fooling Indians, then so is hyundai who tries to fool Indians to buy cars based on looks and blings, with no importance given to vehicle dynamics.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 15:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think Maruti ever creates a new segment. Someone else creates the segment and Maruti monopolizes it in a few years by giving a VFM offering. I'm speaking about post 2000 era since thats where we started seeing others coming in.

Premium hatch: Getz came first though Swift rules the segment
Compact Sedan: Indigo CS came first but Dzire rules the segment
M800, Alto and Ertiga are few examples that came into my mind while making that statement. Yes, I also remembered Getz and CS but thought of neglecting it as they bettered it and became market leader. Ertiga is single example of post 2000 era though.
Old 30th October 2014, 16:13   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
They have just copied the front chrome strip from Amaze! Can't they be more creative?

Absolutely.. looks like they go by the philosophy, More chrome =more posh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks