Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2019, 16:57   #151
BHPian

Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I plan to buy a two wheeler from Ka -02/04 RTO and transfer to KA03. Have two queries

1. If the two wheeler has hypotheritcation, Should I transfer the vehicle first and then remove hypothetication or Should the current owner remove hypothetitcation first and then I transfer the RC?
As for my knowledge, transfer will not happen unless the previous owner remove the HP.

Quote:
2. RTO website says "Clearance Certificate issued by the previous Registering Authority except two wheelers Registration Certificate" . Does this mean if no hypothetication, I can straight away apply for transfer if there is no hypothetication?
CC is not required for two-wheelers, you can directly register in your RTO Ka-03.

Actually, now CC is not required even for four-wheelers if the transfer happens within Bangalore RTOs, for that the buyer needs to transfer the vehicle under the same RTO as of the seller with any Bangalore address. No need to change RTO also.

KK
Old 6th July 2019, 09:49   #152
Senior - BHPian

Can I get B extract of a vehicle registered at KA02 at Indira Nagar RTO? Or will it be available only at Rajajinagar RTO.
Old 6th July 2019, 10:48   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can I get B extract of a vehicle registered at KA02 at Indira Nagar RTO? Or will it be available only at Rajajinagar RTO.
You can get it at any Bangalore One centre as well.
Old 1st August 2019, 00:12   #154
BHPian

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with the KR Puram RTO? I am planning to get a vehicle down with a HP registration. NOC will be provided by the seller.

Is there anything else that he needs to provide to ensure registration to KA goes by smoothly?
Old 13th August 2019, 01:22   #155

Urgent help needed!

Hello,

I am driving a Karnataka registered (RTO - KA03) car in Kolkata since 2017 and I did not take an NOC from Karnataka RTO when moving to Kolkata as the duration of my stay in Kolkata was uncertain.

Now I want to get an NOC from Karnataka and wish to re-register the vehicle in West Bengal. I have a car loan with SBI Mahadevpura branch, which I will be foreclosing.

I need help with the following queries:

1. Do I have to take the car to Bangalore for obtaining the NOC? I will be going there anyways to close the loan and bank formalities.

2. Do I need to be physically present at the RTO to obtain an NOC? Can I get it done by an agent? If so, kindly share the contacts. My email id is rajibghosh.rg@gmail.com

3.The Karnataka Transport Department website lists ‘Emission Test Certificate’ as one of the documents. I currently have a PUCC from Kolkata which is expiring on 30-Aug-2019. Will that be accepted or do they need one from Karnataka? If that is the scenario, I have no option but to drive the car to Bangalore.

Plan B (will be very sad and unacceptable though.)

I have had a visit to one of their branches in Kolkata and they said they can buy the car, but since I have a loan with SBI in a different city, I will have to close the loan myself first and obtain Form35.

My car was purchased in June 2016 and I have no intentions to sell.

Please advise…
Thanks in advance.
Old 13th August 2019, 08:42   #156
Senior - BHPian

Here's the procedure in Chennai.

NOC is straightforward. https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/e...on-certificate

If you have a loan, close it first and apply for removal of Hypothecation. Or get the loan transferred to a branch in Kolkata so that your bank can issue a NOC.

Then take a copy of form 28 filled, and your RC / Insurance / Pollution certificate (which will typically have a note that it is valid throughout India on it). Also carry your DL and Aadhaar.

You may also have to obtain police clearance for the NOC to confirm that the car does not have any theft / lawsuit etc cases against it (it is not superdari to use a legal terminology). That involves taking a copy of the same documents (form 28, RC, insurance, Pollution, your DL and Aadhaar) along with a white paper covering letter to the commissioner's office.

An agent can do it all but it will cost the earth so if you have 3-4 days of leave that'd be ideal.

After that all those documents above, your car's original invoice and road tax receipt if any, to the Kolkata RTO who will tell you how much life tax to pay to re-register the car in WB. This part of the process will move very fast and smoothly because what RTO doesn't like collecting a fat sum in revenue?

Next comes getting the refund of your Karnataka road tax. So please see my posts in the "moving a car between states" thread. It will take you months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginWheels View Post
1. Do I have to take the car to Bangalore for obtaining the NOC? I will be going there anyways to close the loan and bank formalities.

2. Do I need to be physically present at the RTO to obtain an NOC? Can I get it done by an agent? If so, kindly share the contacts.

3.The Karnataka Transport Department website lists ‘Emission Test Certificate’ as one of the documents. I currently have a PUCC from Kolkata which is expiring on 30-Aug-2019. Will that be accepted or do they need one from Karnataka? If that is the scenario, I have no option but to drive the car to Bangalore.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 15:34   #157
Senior - BHPian

Sharing my recent experience in removal of Hypothecation and RC Transfer in Bangalore. My Ignis was on Company Car lease and recently the lease ended. Decided to keep the car. The Car was registered in Koramangala (KA01) and my residence address comes under Jayanagr (KA05).

I approached an agent at Bangalore Used Car showroom on K R Road. (URL)

He charged Rs.4000/- for the end to end work. I got the SMS stating that the RC transfer was done on the 11th day from the date of me submitting the documents. I collected the RC in person from the same Showroom after a few more days. Overall a smooth experience and very fast....
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 20:13   #158
BHPian

Hi, my colleague planning to buy car, and , need information on RC transfer. Car is registered in Bangalore's yeshwantpur RTO while buyer's address comes under yalehanka RTO. Does he need to take clearance from Yeshvantpur RTO ? He is ok with registering yeshwantpur RTO also if possible. Can he register directly in yeshwantpur RTO ? Please suggest.

Last edited by Ajay_J : 5th November 2019 at 20:14.
Old 25th November 2019, 15:32   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Hi, my colleague planning to buy car, and , need information on RC transfer. Car is registered in Bangalore's yeshwantpur RTO while buyer's address comes under yalehanka RTO. Does he need to take clearance from Yeshvantpur RTO ? He is ok with registering yeshwantpur RTO also if possible. Can he register directly in yeshwantpur RTO ? Please suggest.
If the Buyer resides within Yeshwantpur limits as per his address proof where the car is registered, then he can directly transfer without clearance certificate. However, if he is residing outside (may be yelahanka as per your info) then he has to take the CC from Yeshwantpur RTO and do the transfer at Yelahanka RTO.
EuroMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 14:16   #160
BHPian

Here's my story with car ownership transfer

I just submitted the papers for ownership transfer of my leased car and the process went smooth, partly because I had a contact in the RTO. But this thread helped immensely be ready for what's ahead.

Approx time at RTO office: 90 minutes

My Requirements
a. Hypothecation Cancellation
b. Clearance Certificate
c. Ownership Transfer

I prepared the following documents:

a. Duly filled form 29 (duplicate) and 30 (duplicate) & form 35 (duplicate - for hypothecation removal). Ensure that wherever possible, the form is filled with information from your registration certificate. For instance. Registration authority - Write it as Bengaluru (C) for KA-01. and vehicle class "LMVCAR". This is how it is on the RC book. You can match such information and it will save you hassle. I didn't go through any hassle - but I saw a few others having to re-write.
b. PAN Card copy (1)
c. Aadhaar Copy (1)
c. Original registration certificate (placed in a plastic envelope). You can get this from the stationery shop near RTO Offices
d. File (to keep the papers and tagged up)
e. Tag thread. (To punch all the papers and tag them to the file)
f. Self addressed envelope with 18 Rupees stamp paper. I got the envelope ready made with the stamp fixed in the BDA complex (Koramangala) along with the file and plastic cover.
g. No objection certificate (given by company for ownership transfer and hypothecation cancellation) (Original & 1 copy)
h. Pollution under control certificate copy (1)
i. Valid insurance copy (1)

IMPORTANT: Ensure there are no traffic fines pending on your car.

> Cost altogether for stationery (82 bucks)

Now you might wonder what about clearance request letter. I didn't receive it from my company unfortunately, and then my contact at RTO told me that it is not required if I am doing the ownership transfer in KA01 itself! Usually, they'd pass you off to an RTO in the jurisdiction where you reside because in case you need to further transact in future, that would be convenient. However, you can still do ownership transfer at same RTO where the vehicle was originally registered. This way you can avoid going through clearance certificate process.

The following was done at Koramangala RTO Office (KA01)
1. Place the RC book in the plastic cover. Close it up. (I hate single use plastic, but this is a required thing)
2. Place all form in order and punch it. You can get this done at the stationery shop.
3. Thread the documents and plastic cover with the tag thread. Do not tag the self addressed cover.
4. Affix it to the file using the thread. There's a hole punched in top right. Ensure all documents are tagged and they don't fall off.
5. Take it to room #11 for verification.
6. Depending on the registration number, you might be assigned a specific person.
7. He will enter the data into the computer and ask you a few questions.
8. Goto counter #8 (first counter from door) for paying the required fee. I paid 812 all inclusive. Timings of the counter are 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM. Only cash and DD accepted. Ensure you keep change.
9. Collect the receipt and tag it to the other documents in the file.
10. Go back to the room #11 and submit it to one of the personnel to receive a small acknowledgment paper. This is to be used until you get the original RC.
11. Verify all the information is accurate. You can ask if you can collect the RC in person, but they will usually not entertain this unless they know you personally.
12. Smile, thank everyone and leave.

Overall, a pleasant, straight forward experience. Agent quoted 4800 bucks for doing this job and I believe you can easily avoid it. The staff at RTO were good, although not smiling or very friendly. But no one put up any resistance. I think as long as your documents are in order, the process is pretty straight forward. They like it when the documents are in order, tagged and filed and presented. So try doing this. Glad to see the govt organizations getting better at their work.

Good luck!

Last edited by sudeepg : 29th November 2019 at 14:39. Reason: fixing context info
sudeepg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 07:49   #161
Senior - BHPian

Have a query regarding a peculiar situation being faced by my colleague.

He bought the Car on Company Lease when the name of the company was Company A. The car got registered in the name of Company A. During the tenure of the lease, there was a spin-off and merger with another entity that happened and this company's name has been changed now as Company B.

The lease period has been completed now and he would like to transfer the car to his own name after having paid the Residual Value to the Lease company.

Given the current Covid-19 scenario he has approached an agent (of good repute) who after checking the paper work says he will become the 3rd Owner of the Car since the Company name has undergone changes.

Is this correct - and is there any way to avoid this and still have him as the second owner?
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 08:01   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Is this correct - and is there any way to avoid this and still have him as the second owner?
The second owner already happened due to the company name change.

He should either not take this car or he should negotiate a substantial discount in residual value based on his being the third owner.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 08:13   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The second owner already happened due to the company name change.
Thanks for your quick response. Not sure if the Lease Company (LeasePlan) would do that but will ask him to give a try.

Also, as he has already paid the Residual Amount - this makes it more complicated for a negotiation - it would mostly have to be goodwill gesture from the Lease Company and a request from his side.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 30th August 2020 at 08:15.
Old 30th August 2020, 08:27   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Thanks for your quick response. Not sure if the Lease Company (LeasePlan) would do that but will ask him to give a try.

Also, as he has already paid the Residual Amount - this makes it more complicated for a negotiation - it would mostly have to be goodwill gesture from the Lease Company and a request from his side.
He can try. It won't work as far as I can see, but he can try, possibly through his management and company HR as they will have additional negotiating leverage with the lease vendor.

In any case, if he is forced to pick up the car, tell him to retain it for another 6-7 years so that second owner / third owner etc cease to matter.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 09:53   #165
Team-BHP Support

Is Aadhaar mandatory for ownership transfer? I thought Aadhaar card is not mandatory.

A friend of mine and is a foreign citizen, lives abroad but has property over here wants to buy a used car for her use over here.

Last edited by ajmat : 30th August 2020 at 10:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks