Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2022, 19:23   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Not true atleast for KA03 or Kasturi Nagar RTO. I got a car transferred about a month back and yet to receive the RC card, digital copy got generated though. Below is the process if you do without an Agent:.
Done this multiple times at TN07 Thiruvanmiyur and the process is straight forward as long as you have all the documents in hand. Where the problem lies is if you register stuff from one RTO to another or one city to another, and occasionally, they are not able to transfer the registration to the RTO where you're applying, without getting the other RTO to do something at their end first.
Old 6th January 2023, 23:46   #182

Folks,

In my family have a car registered under my daughter's name and she is relocating to US after her marriage soon. I was thinking of transferring to my name assuming that, I might sell it off in the next couple of years.
It is not clear if I can transfer to my name (with a sale), or can I sell later without her physical presence in India.

TIA.

Cheers.. Surya
Old 7th January 2023, 05:53   #183
Senior - BHPian

Take form 29-30 etc with her signature and keep it aside and also have her phone number active here for receiving Aadhaar otp.

You can then sell the car without needing her to be there. Don’t transfer to your name you needlessly become second owner.

The alternative is you can execute a general power of attorney in her name for various tasks such as banking, property sales etc but it is kind of time consuming because GPA needs to be accompanied by a valid and recent life certificate and that’s another headache by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryakamal View Post
Folks,

In my family have a car registered under my daughter's name and she is relocating to US after her marriage soon. I was thinking of transferring to my name assuming that, I might sell it off in the next couple of years.
It is not clear if I can transfer to my name (with a sale), or can I sell later without her physical presence in India.

TIA.

Cheers.. Surya
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 23:48   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Not true atleast for KA03 or Kasturi Nagar RTO. I got a car transferred about a month back and yet to receive the RC card, digital copy got generated though. Below is the process if you do without an Agent:

1. Get all the required forms(29/30/HPT removal/ID proof etc).

2. Login online to RTO portal and pay transfer fee. You will get a receipt.

3. Go to RTO, get the documents validated at RTO counter. They will make you run across atleast two counters.

4. Once the RTO authority signs off all documents are in place, scan and upload documents online.
Where does it say that RTO sign-off is required before document upload? I just sold my bike and uploaded the documents and paid the fees. There was no mention of verification anywhere. Not sure if I will have to visit the RTO or not. Fingers crossed.

The good thing is, the buyer is a friend. Will make a trip to the KA01 RTO with him if there is no change in the application status even after a couple of weeks.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 12:49   #185
BHPian

In a bizarre but happy turn of fate, ended up buying back my 2012 Alto K10 after having sold her through Spinny two years back. Had moved out of the country but was back much earlier than expected. Started looking for used options after returning but my mind kept going back to my trusted steed which had taken me and my family to 18 states + Bhutan (twice) Too many memories with my daughter having practically grown up in the car. Tracked down the gentleman who had bought my car from Spinny and convinced him to sell her back to me. Got back my meticulously looked after ride which still looks and drives like the day I had driven her out of the showroom. Life in indeed stranger than fiction!

Now that she is back with us once again, I am initiating the process of registering her back to my name. The individual I bought it back from had a loan running on the car which we paid off at the time I closed the deal. So I will have to remove the hypothecation and do the TO at the same time. I read the posts in this thread and have understood the online process and the documentation. It would be great if members could help me with the questions below. All transactions to be done at the Kasturinagar (KA 03) RTO

Can I request for both HPT & TO simultaneously online on the vahaan website and pay both sets of fees online at the same time?

At the time of document submission in person, are copies of PAN and Aadhar card required for both buyer and seller? Should they be self attested? Are PP photos required?

Any other pointers on doing both at the same time are much appreciated. Planning to do this on my own.

Many thanks!
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks