Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th September 2020, 12:29   #166
BHPian

Default Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Actually, now CC is not required even for four-wheelers if the transfer happens within Bangalore RTOs, for that the buyer needs to transfer the vehicle under the same RTO as of the seller with any Bangalore address. No need to change RTO also.KK
Are you sure about this new process ? I heard this is the new process after the parivaahan online portal. Can anyone please confirm?
Old 1st October 2020, 19:00   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Actually, now CC is not required even for four-wheelers if the transfer happens within Bangalore RTOs, for that the buyer needs to transfer the vehicle under the same RTO as of the seller with any Bangalore address. No need to change RTO also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
However, you can still do ownership transfer at same RTO where the vehicle was originally registered. This way you can avoid going through clearance certificate process.
I have a company leased car. I need to cancel the hypothecation and transfer RC from company name to my name now. Car has been originally registered at KA03 and my residential address will fall under the jurisdiction of KA04.

Can I go ahead and do the hypothecation cancellation and RC name transfer at KA03 RTO itself?
Old 1st October 2020, 19:03   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
I have a company leased car. I need to cancel the hypothecation and transfer RC from company name to my name now. Car has been originally registered at KA03 and my residential address will fall under the jurisdiction of KA04.

Can I go ahead and do the hypothecation cancellation and RC name transfer at KA03 RTO itself?
Yes you can, BUT the officers at KA03 RTO may not be aware of the process and will deny doing that. If you find an officer who knows this is possible and will do it for you, it will save you some trouble.

The only thing with such a transfer is that for any further RTO related work, you will have to visit KA03 RTO itself.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 19:35   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Yes you can, BUT the officers at KA03 RTO may not be aware of the process and will deny doing that. If you find an officer who knows this is possible and will do it for you, it will save you some trouble.

The only thing with such a transfer is that for any further RTO related work, you will have to visit KA03 RTO itself.
Thanks for the immediate response. I am fine with visiting KA03 RTO for any future work. It would be tricky to find out an officer who knows this is possible.

Are you aware of any Govt website that mentions this is possible?
Old 1st October 2020, 19:45   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Are you aware of any Govt website that mentions this is possible?
Sorry. I don't. A lot of the previous links and govt websites have changed or are no longer available.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 20:20   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Hypothecation cancellation you have to do it on KA03 RTO itself. You have to fill in the details on Parivaahan portal and submit it in RTO office. The same should work for ownership transfer as well but not sure about it. Iím sure Hypothecation cancellation can be done using portal as one of my friend done it on last September for his vehicle.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 17:00   #172
BHPian

My company car lease got completed and the NOC, RTO documents came few days before Dussera. Since I wanted to spend Dussera/Diwali at native and do not want to miss the registered post (RC) during that time, I submitted my documents for name transfer through an agent.

Agents can do what we can't (though at an additional cost). They can collect our RC in person and they can do everything at the same RTO itself.

It has been two weeks since I gave the documents and the name transfer is already reflecting in mParivahan app

Most Viewed