Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2020, 12:29   #166
BHPian

Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Actually, now CC is not required even for four-wheelers if the transfer happens within Bangalore RTOs, for that the buyer needs to transfer the vehicle under the same RTO as of the seller with any Bangalore address. No need to change RTO also.KK
Are you sure about this new process ? I heard this is the new process after the parivaahan online portal. Can anyone please confirm?
Old 1st October 2020, 19:00   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Actually, now CC is not required even for four-wheelers if the transfer happens within Bangalore RTOs, for that the buyer needs to transfer the vehicle under the same RTO as of the seller with any Bangalore address. No need to change RTO also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
However, you can still do ownership transfer at same RTO where the vehicle was originally registered. This way you can avoid going through clearance certificate process.
I have a company leased car. I need to cancel the hypothecation and transfer RC from company name to my name now. Car has been originally registered at KA03 and my residential address will fall under the jurisdiction of KA04.

Can I go ahead and do the hypothecation cancellation and RC name transfer at KA03 RTO itself?
Old 1st October 2020, 19:03   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
I have a company leased car. I need to cancel the hypothecation and transfer RC from company name to my name now. Car has been originally registered at KA03 and my residential address will fall under the jurisdiction of KA04.

Can I go ahead and do the hypothecation cancellation and RC name transfer at KA03 RTO itself?
Yes you can, BUT the officers at KA03 RTO may not be aware of the process and will deny doing that. If you find an officer who knows this is possible and will do it for you, it will save you some trouble.

The only thing with such a transfer is that for any further RTO related work, you will have to visit KA03 RTO itself.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 19:35   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Yes you can, BUT the officers at KA03 RTO may not be aware of the process and will deny doing that. If you find an officer who knows this is possible and will do it for you, it will save you some trouble.

The only thing with such a transfer is that for any further RTO related work, you will have to visit KA03 RTO itself.
Thanks for the immediate response. I am fine with visiting KA03 RTO for any future work. It would be tricky to find out an officer who knows this is possible.

Are you aware of any Govt website that mentions this is possible?
Old 1st October 2020, 19:45   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Are you aware of any Govt website that mentions this is possible?
Sorry. I don't. A lot of the previous links and govt websites have changed or are no longer available.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 20:20   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Hypothecation cancellation you have to do it on KA03 RTO itself. You have to fill in the details on Parivaahan portal and submit it in RTO office. The same should work for ownership transfer as well but not sure about it. I’m sure Hypothecation cancellation can be done using portal as one of my friend done it on last September for his vehicle.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 17:00   #172
BHPian

My company car lease got completed and the NOC, RTO documents came few days before Dussera. Since I wanted to spend Dussera/Diwali at native and do not want to miss the registered post (RC) during that time, I submitted my documents for name transfer through an agent.

Agents can do what we can't (though at an additional cost). They can collect our RC in person and they can do everything at the same RTO itself.

It has been two weeks since I gave the documents and the name transfer is already reflecting in mParivahan app
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 10:55   #173
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know what the exact procedure is to transfer a dead person's car?

I am looking to sell my late father's alto and I know that death / legal heir certificates and NOC affidavit from all the legal heirs is required.

Beyond that, the main question is - can this be used to directly sell the car or must it be transferred to one of the legal heirs first (thus making a first owner car into a second owner without any actual sale having occurred) before selling it, so that the buyer would end up with a third owner car?
Old 27th June 2021, 23:51   #174
BHPian

Quote:
I submitted my documents for name transfer through an agent.
Can you please share the contact of this agent? How long did it take for the whole process through the agent?
Old 28th June 2021, 06:39   #175
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
My company car lease got completed and the NOC, RTO documents came few days before Dussera. Since I wanted to spend Dussera/Diwali at native and do not want to miss the registered post (RC) during that time, I submitted my documents for name transfer through an agent.

Agents can do what we can't (though at an additional cost). They can collect our RC in person and they can do everything at the same RTO itself.

It has been two weeks since I gave the documents and the name transfer is already reflecting in mParivahan app
Possible to share the contact as well as what he charged you?
Old 28th June 2021, 07:54   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
I'd recommend approaching a reputed new car dealer in your neighborhood. They always have a dedicated guy who manages their entire RTO interface, and is usually more dependable than a random agent.

I've used our local NEXA guy and he did my last 3 transactions. Charges are usually 2/3K depending on the number of RTOs involved.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 08:00   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntOOs View Post
Can you please share the contact of this agent? How long did it take for the whole process through the agent?
Senthil Kumar 98459 11368

He takes care of RTO work at KA03. Not sure whether he will handle other RTOs.

The process took around 2-3 weeks for me. Current covid situation can impact the processing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
He charged me 4K.
Vin@y is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 15:16   #178
BHPian

There is no need to go through an agent. I recently sold my XUV and I removed hypothecation and transferred the car online. If in Karnataka, you can go to:
https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...Y2MjM3NGI0MQ==

You need to upload all documents and make the payment online. The only issue is to keep the scans under 200kb. After submitting, you will get a payment receipt. Just visit the RTO with it and submit originals. It doesn't take too much time. Please ensure that you enclose a stamped envelope with the address of the transferee for faster delivery of the new RC card.
vivekshukla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 16:25   #179
BHPian

I read somewhere that transfer of ownership is completely online in Karnataka without having to visit the RTO. Has anyone tried this?
Old 3rd December 2022, 18:27   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNG-motorhead View Post
I read somewhere that transfer of ownership is completely online in Karnataka without having to visit the RTO. Has anyone tried this?
Not true atleast for KA03 or Kasturi Nagar RTO. I got a car transferred about a month back and yet to receive the RC card, digital copy got generated though. Below is the process if you do without an Agent:

1. Get all the required forms(29/30/HPT removal/ID proof etc).

2. Login online to RTO portal and pay transfer fee. You will get a receipt.

3. Go to RTO, get the documents validated at RTO counter. They will make you run across atleast two counters.

4. Once the RTO authority signs off all documents are in place, scan and upload documents online.

5. After the document is uploaded successfully, validate it again at a RTO counter.

6. Finally submit the physical copy of documents including existing RC card at another counter.

7. Wait for atleast 30 days for digital RC and 45 days for physical copy, which will be posted to your address.

Few other things

1. Agents get all this done offline, there is some time up with RTO and can deliver RC card without above hassle in 30 days max. Agent charges about 4-6K.

2. If you are doing things yourself, you need suport from existing owner for transfer. First few OTP will be sent to existing owners mobile number.

3. Kasturi Nagar RTO has centers who will upload documents for you and even pay fee online. Fees is about 700 and they charge about 300-400 for scan and upload.

4. Avoid going on weekends. Weekday entire process will take about 2 hours, which will save you around 5K and earn some free tips.

5. The online flow to pay fee and uploading documents is not very Intuitive. Server can be slow at times and can get irritating. You can do this part at home but if any document is missing or if not uploaded correctly, RTO will make you run around.

While many parts of process is online, entire process is a mess and is designed such a way that you go through an agent.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks