Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2016, 19:20   #91
BHPian

Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Don't see what else I could've done, except transferring the car before handover which isn't practical at all.
Yep. you are right. This isn't practical - especially if one is selling a car thru some advertisement. I had a similar experience - both as a buyer as well as the seller.

The buying experience was butter smooth.
1) I handed over the DD
2) The previous owner had kept all the paperwork ready - signed it
3) I engaged a services of a broker - He initiated the transfer procedures within 2 -3 hours. I got the fees paid receipt from RTO on the same day
4) I got the insurance transferred on the same day
5) I got the RC card within 2 weeks

The seller was also from bangalore, but different RTO. So I had to take a NOC.

Absolutely I did nothing other than sign the required papers. I paid the broker 2.5K for the job.

The selling experience was a bit more tedious. The buyer did not want to shell out any money to a broker and neither was I willing to pay. Also the buyer was from a different district - near Mysore

1) Got the DD from the buyer
2) Signed and gave the papers to him
3) Handed over the car to him also, along with the keys, but the original RC card I retained. He took a copy of the card and left immediately for his hometown (mysore)
4) I went to the RTO, applied for a NOC (By submitting the original RC card, PUC certificate and a nominal fees - I think less than rs.50/-
4a) I called up the insurance folks and informed them about the ownership change. They said that the insurance can be issued in the new persons's name only after the RTO changes the ownership.
5) After 2 weeks, I got the courier from the RTO with the RC card and a NOC certificate.
6) I couriered this to the buyer - cost Rs.30 or so
7) After multiple follow ups with the buyer over phone and whatsapp, he transfered the vehicle in his name. Sent his revised insurance and the RC card. This took almost another 30-40 days.
8) I submitted the copy of the revised ownership along with the copy of the new insurance taken by the buyer to my old insurance folks. (For NCB letter)
9) After about 2 weeks, I got a NCB letter with 50% NCB from the insurers, valid for 3 years

The whole process took about 2 months! :-) But it got done with no major hiccups other than effort required for communication and follow up.
Old 19th February 2017, 10:11   #92
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning on buying a used car in Bangalore. Thanks for this wonderful thread. It helped me get a lot of information about the transfer process.

The owner of the car mentioned that he had a loan on the car I am planning t buy but he has cleared it.

How do i verify this?

Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore-form-b-extract-edited.jpg

I went ahead and got the Form B Extract. Can you tell if the car is Hypothcated or not from this?

In the form B extract, it shows no name / bank as you can see. Does it mean that the loan has been cleared? Does form B extract not mention when the loan was cleared?
Old 19th February 2017, 10:26   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Hi All,

I am planning on buying a used car in Bangalore. Thanks for this wonderful thread. It helped me get a lot of information about the transfer process.

The owner of the car mentioned that he had a loan on the car I am planning t buy but he has cleared it.

How do i verify this?

Attachment 1610138

I went ahead and got the Form B Extract. Can you tell if the car is Hypothcated or not from this?

In the form B extract, it shows no name / bank as you can see. Does it mean that the loan has been cleared? Does form B extract not mention when the loan was cleared?

Simple, ask for the NOC he would have received from the bank or the loan cleared certificate. That should put your mind to rest.
Old 19th February 2017, 12:25   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Simple, ask for the NOC he would have received from the bank or the loan cleared certificate. That should put your mind to rest.
Nope. What you need is not that. What you need is an endorsement on the RC book that "hypothecation has been removed" - BEFORE you buy the vehicle.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 13:50   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Nope. What you need is not that. What you need is an endorsement on the RC book that "hypothecation has been removed" - BEFORE you buy the vehicle.

Ah yes, that's correct.
Old 27th February 2017, 22:25   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big shoutout to Vikram Av for sharing this - thank you!

Quote:
I found this thread really helpful - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bangalore.html

The required documents are attached below (form 29 and form 30). Additionally, I've attached the form 25 required to obtain a 'Fitness Certificate' from the RTO for 15+ year old cars.

This should be really helpful for everyone and do add it if not already present. It would help people avoid agents and provide ease and clarity to the RTO procedures.
Form-25.pdf

form29.pdf

form30.pdf
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 22:41   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

The form B extract - RC summary that is - for that vehicle shows that hypothecation is blank so if that is a currently obtained extract I suppose it is already removed.
Old 27th February 2017, 22:53   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The form B extract - RC summary that is - for that vehicle shows that hypothecation is blank so if that is a currently obtained extract I suppose it is already removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Thanks Hserus and Anand.

Yes. That form B extract is the latest one. So I guess he has got it already removed.

And yeah, I had got the NOC copy as well before. But, everything was printed and only the registration number was written with ink on the NOC, hence was a bit skeptical and went ahead and got the form B extract to double check. Should be OK now. Thanks again.
Old 2nd March 2017, 11:30   #99
BHPian

All,

I purchased my friend's car registered in Guntur, AP and decided to re-register it in KA. The car is registered in my friend's mother's name and the insurance is also in her name. Couple of questions on the process :

1) I understand that I need to get an NOC from Guntur RTO to be transferred to KA 51 RTO office. Before getting the NOC, do I need to get the ownership transferred to my name first in Bangalore RTO and then change the name on the insurance policy too? I did this in the past with another car of mine, but back then the car was registered in my name and the insurance also was in my name. So it was a direct transfer case of re-registration.

2) Also is it mandatory to re-register the car in the RTO's jurisdiction where my current address belongs to? Reason being, I know one well trusted agent from Koramangala who has helped me in the past with lot of other things. He said that I can re-register the car under Koramangala RTO itself, even though my address comes under KA 51 RTO, which is Electronics City. If its not correct to do this, then the option left for me is to venture this on my own, as I dont want to depend on any unknown agent to this done.

Last edited by samabhi : 2nd March 2017 at 11:32.
Old 2nd March 2017, 13:49   #100
Senior - BHPian

KA51 (Electronic City) has a friendly and professional RTO - they were enormously helpful when I did my re-registration.

If you get the NOC you absolutely need to also pay the full life tax on the car, pro rata based on its age. And then be advised that it will be almost impossible to claim the life tax already paid in Guntur on the car so that is a waste of money.

Your friend needs the NOC from the concerned RTO in Guntur, addressed to an RTO in Bangalore. [Just say the RTO, Bangalore .. if you say RTO KA51 Electronic City the NOC will just be valid there]. If the car is under finance the procedure needs an endorsement from the financier / bank as well

The NOC says that he is selling the vehicle to you at your address hence the vehicle is being moved out of state. He then surrenders the car's RC there.

You get the NOC to submit along with the rest of the papers .. you can easily do it at the KA51 as well, it doesn't take much work. Go to the "non transport section" on the ground floor, room no 5. They have a poster pasted on the wall with everything that's needed and that's also there on the RTO website. The main, most important thing is the Karnataka life tax you pay - so get them to assess that. The car's original sales receipt and original tax paid receipt if available had better be there for you as that helps them calculate tax accurately.

The Electronic City RTO is actually closer to IIM Bangalore - just off sir m vishweshwarayya road, nowhere near Electronic City. Area called Devarachikkanahalli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
1) I understand that I need to get an NOC from Guntur RTO to be transferred to KA 51 RTO office. Before getting the NOC, do I need to get the ownership transferred to my name first in Bangalore RTO and then change the name on the insurance policy too? I did this in the past with another car of mine, but back then the car was registered in my name and the insurance also was in my name. So it was a direct transfer case of re-registration.

2) Also is it mandatory to re-register the car in the RTO's jurisdiction where my current address belongs to? Reason being, I know one well trusted agent from Koramangala who has helped me in the past with lot of other things. He said that I can re-register the car under Koramangala RTO itself, even though my address comes under KA 51 RTO, which is Electronics City. If its not correct to do this, then the option left for me is to venture this on my own, as I dont want to depend on any unknown agent to this done.
Old 2nd March 2017, 16:32   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If there is no entry against HPA, it implies that the loan has been cleared. There is no other way to verify this since there is no visible indication of the same on the RC card.
Old 25th March 2017, 21:02   #102
BHPian

Guys,

I had moved my wagonr with KA03 number with NOC to pune in 2010. Paid complete pune rto tax. but didnt get pune passing number.

Now Have sold the car to a friend in belgaum.
He is asking me to cancel the earlier NOC, and give transfer of ownership certificate so that he can register the vehicle in belgaum.

I am not sure how to go about this.
Please guide me - do i need to go to bangalore to cancel the noc and get the CC?
Old 25th March 2017, 22:51   #103
Senior - BHPian

The noc can't be cancelled if you submitted a copy to the Pune RTO in order for them to collect road tax from you.

If you didn't give the Pune RTO a copy of the noc when paying life tax, you will mostly need to get a "non utilisation of noc" certificate from the Pune RTO to submit to the concerned RTO in bangalore in order to get the noc cancelled

In which case you can kiss the life tax paid on your car in Pune goodbye
Old 2nd May 2017, 08:40   #104
BHPian

How to transfer car from one State to another state?

Hi all,

I'm moving to Bangalore from Hyderabad for at least a couple of years.

I would like to know how to get the transfer done and is there a way to keep my number so I can drive it in both states or do I have to get it changed.

Also, I've paid life tax in Hyderabad, would I get a refund for it in case I change the number?
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:54   #105
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to transfer car from one State to another state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Hi all,

I'm moving to Bangalore from Hyderabad for at least a couple of years.

I would like to know how to get the transfer done and is there a way to keep my number so I can drive it in both states or do I have to get it changed.

Also, I've paid life tax in Hyderabad, would I get a refund for it in case I change the number?
The transfer can be done, but I would suggest to do a rethink before you intend to keep the same number coz it will be a pain to sell the car in Bangalore with AP or TN registration.

You will need to get a NOC from RTO where car was registered an apply for refund of tax paid which will be refunded to you on pro rata basis. Submit the NOC to RTO in Bangalore and pay the road tax there. In case you wish to apply for the registration change, then you will need to pay the registration fees extra.

While doing the above, ensure to change the address and other details on the Insurance policy too.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks