Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2016, 08:32   #61
BHPian

Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

Applied for transfer of ownership in Bangalore using the steps described in the first post by Rajath.

Applying for clearance certificate was straight forward at Yeshwantpur RTO. I went back there, exactly after 1 month I.e. on 29th Jan, and collected it in person using the acknowledgement given earlier. They took approx 15 days to process (had applied on 28th Dec, their application date was shown as 30th Dec & issual date was given as 16th Jan). Tip to carry a plastic pouch for DL was helpful. Took just 5 min to submit & get the ack. Collection took around 10 min as the person went around looking for the file & then verifying before handing over the RC & CC.

Applying for new RC took 2 hours yesterday at Rajajinagar RTO (Saturday). Went there by around 10:30am. Everything was in order, thanks to Rajath. Quick check by the official incharge and was told to get Backlog done (BL - not sure what it is, but basically it is a step to create a record for this transfer in their computer I presume) & pay 305 Rs (105 penalty, 137 smart card fee n 63 for the hologram sticker on receipt). The computer operator lady asked to cm after 30 min for BL update. Went back at 11:20 & only then she started with it with couple of interruptions from agents/colleagues. It was just a 2 min job for her. Stood in the line to pay the fees. Took 30 mins. Problem is with the agents standing in the line & collecting tiny slips from their sources for paying various fees. Each individual ends up paying for 5-10 transactions n hence each takes 5-10 min. The collection operator was fast n efficient n I was lucky to pay up 242rs (he took 250, n I didnt mind) exactly at 12 (closing time). Post this, went to another counter for the hologram fixing. Handed over the form back n collected the acknowledgement.

It is indeed a straight forward process. It costed <350rs and 3 trips to RTO offices (2 trips only if you opt for speedpost for CC delivery) and approx 2+ hours of total time spent there. It is definitely worth the effort as the agents quote 10 times this price. Sadly, the place is full of touts & create nuisance (blocking queues, yelling etc). Going on a weekday morning is much easier I presume compared to Saturdays (as mentioned by others above).

Wish they go online for this process, including fee payment, and it will be very efficient for ownership transfer.

Note: the speedpost envelope needs stamp of Rs 17 (and not 30) for Bangalore addresses.
Note2: collection of any document/inquiry is only after 4pm. They may send you back if you go to check the status during morning hours.

Last edited by null : 31st January 2016 at 08:35. Reason: Added note
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 00:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Buying a PreOwned car - currently the car is registered with Electronic City RTO and the buyer is a resident of Jayanagar.

Based on the discussions on this thread here is my understanding of the steps to be taken for Transfer of Ownership:

CC Process:
1. The Vehicle is currently registered with the ECity RTO - so the Owner needs to submit a Request for Clearance Certificate. To ensure the CC work proceeds smoothly it is recommended that he also obtains a copy of the B Extract of the RC from Bangalore One.

How long does it take to receive the CC?

Transfer of Ownership:
1. Submit the relevant documents along with CC in the Jayanagar RTO.
2. After submission RC should reach Buyer thru Speed Post.

Is this correct?
Old 19th March 2016, 12:46   #63
BHPian

Thanks for the great first post and other helpful posts. I am in the process of buying a car registered in KA04 (Yeshwantpur RTO) and would be transferring it to my name in the same RTO. Is a Clearance Certificate required in this case? Also the seller is going abroad soon after selling the car so can the CC (if required) be sent to my address instead? And finally when does the insurance transfer happen? I am guessing this can happen only after the RC is issued in my name (~ 1 month) and by this time seller would not be available here - does seller need to apply for insurance transfer?
Old 19th March 2016, 20:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
Is a Clearance Certificate required in this case?
Nope. It is required only if it is transferred to a different RTO.

Quote:
Also the seller is going abroad soon after selling the car so can the CC (if required) be sent to my address instead?
New CC is always sent to buyer's address only.

Quote:
And finally when does the insurance transfer happen? I am guessing this can happen only after the RC is issued in my name (~ 1 month) and by this time seller would not be available here - does seller need to apply for insurance transfer?
Buyer (you) needs to apply for insurance transfer once the ownership transfer is done. In most cases, it can happen online wherein you need to send scanned copies of documents. Check with your insurance company.

Hope this helps!
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 23:40   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Nope. It is required only if it is transferred to a different RTO.

New CC is always sent to buyer's address only.

Buyer (you) needs to apply for insurance transfer once the ownership transfer is done. In most cases, it can happen online wherein you need to send scanned copies of documents. Check with your insurance company.

Hope this helps!
Thank you. The car is currently registered at Yeshwantpur RTO and as per my address the jurisdiction RTO is Yelahanka. So I guess I will have to apply for transfer at Yelahanka since its a used car. This means I would need CC. I think its only for new cars that "anywhere" registration can be done.
Old 14th April 2016, 22:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

Got the owner to apply for CC on 17th March. Received the CC to my address on 12th April. I need to submit the paperwork now at Jayanagar RTO.

The Previous owner has agreed to transfer the Insurance to my name. Can this be done only after the RC transfer? What if the Insurance is going to expire in the meanwhile - How to handle this situation?
Old 14th April 2016, 23:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The Previous owner has agreed to transfer the Insurance to my name. Can this be done only after the RC transfer? What if the Insurance is going to expire in the meanwhile - How to handle this situation?
The insurance of the car I recently bought was about to expire and what I did was to renew the insurance in the previous owner's name. Once the ownership transfer was complete, I got the insurance transferred to my name by paying a nominal fee.

PS : The car was insured by National Insurance
Old 12th August 2016, 14:47   #68
BHPian

Hi
I have an i10 2008 KA03 RTO ( my brother's name)

I stay outside Karnataka now and am planning to send my brother's car to a friend in Bangalore who'll sell it. Car was under loan which was cleared in 2009 ( have the NOC from ICICI bank taken in 2009)
Don't know which RTO will the next buyer be from

Please see if the following is complete( need to courier to my friend, can't miss anything)

1. Form no CMV 29 in duplicate (signed by my brother)
2. Form no. CMV 30. in duplicate (signed by my brother)
3. Registration Certificate
4. valid insurance
5 Emission Certificate (friend will procure locally once car reaches there)
6 Fitness certificate ???( car is less than 15 years, this should not be applicable)
7. Clearance certificate on plain paper (signed by my brother)
8 NOC from ICICI bank confirming loan is paid ( issued 2009)

Is it necessary for seller to be present for transfer? It is my brother's name who stays abroad

Will the NOC obtained in 2009 be fine? If a fresh one is needed, can it be obtained from another city's ICICI branch?

Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 12th August 2016 at 14:49.
Old 12th August 2016, 14:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hi

I stay outside Karnataka now and am planning to send my brother's car to a friend in Bangalore who'll sell it. Car was under loan which was cleared in 2009 ( have the NOC from ICICI bank taken in 2009)

Please see if the following is complete( need to courier to my friend, can't miss anything)

1. Form no CMV 29 in duplicate.
2. Form no. CMV 30. in duplicate
4. valid insurance
5 Emission Certificate (friend will procure locally once car reaches there)
6 Fitness certificate ???( car is less than 15 years, this should not be applicable)
7. Clearance certificate on plain paper
8 NOC from ICICI bank confirming loan is paid ( issued 2009)

Is it necessary for seller to be present for transfer? It is my brother's name who stays abroad

Will the NOC obtained in 2009 be fine? If a fresh one is needed, can it be obtained from another city's ICICI branch?

Thanks a lot in advance
Once you agree to sell the car to a person, you have to obtain Clearance Certificate from your RTO mentioning the name and address of the buyer along with his RTO name.

These documents would be required for transfer:

1. Form no CMV 29 in duplicate.
2. Form no. CMV 30. in duplicate
4. valid insurance
5. Clearance certificate taken from RTO (if the buyer is residing in the same RTO area as your car is registered, CC is not required)
6. NOC from ICICI bank confirming loan is paid ( issued 2009)
7. Once you hand over the car, you take a Delivery note signed from him (this document will be included as part of the set of papers you can get from RTO)

Your brother can sign all the documents (including a letter requesting for issue of CC) and to my knowledge, his presence is not required.

Regards,
KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 14:54   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

NOC is valid only for a period of 3 months AFAIK. You'd need a new NOC from the bank.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 15:03   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Once you agree to sell the car to a person, you have to obtain Clearance Certificate from your RTO mentioning the name and address of the buyer along with his RTO name.

Your brother can sign all the documents (including a letter requesting for issue of CC) and to my knowledge, his presence is not required.

Regards,
KK
Thanks a lot, really appreciate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
NOC is valid only for a period of 3 months AFAIK. You'd need a new NOC from the bank.
Thanks a lot. Can I get this NOC from ICICI branch in another city? I have the original one for reference
Old 12th August 2016, 15:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
As it is an old NOC from the finance company - that was issued for the purpose of cancellation of hypothecation in the RC book. Was that done? In the old paper RCs they would have pasted a sticker over the hypothecation endorsement, with a stamped note that hypothecation has been cancelled.

If it was already done back then, you don't need a fresh NOC from the bank.

The rest of the documents - just give the buyer the signed transfer of ownership papers, sale receipt with a revenue stamp, letter to transfer insurance. Any rto broker will have the papers if you can't download them online.

All the rest of the stuff can be taken care of by the purchaser through his broker. You are not obligated to do anything. If I were you though I would find another buyer within bangalore, rather than one that wants to take the car to mysore or chennai or wherever, to save you any additional demands for paperwork.

A 2008 santro in good condition will find an almost immediate local buyer.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 15:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
As it is an old NOC from the finance company - that was issued for the purpose of cancellation of hypothecation in the RC book. Was that done? In the old paper RCs they would have pasted a sticker over the hypothecation endorsement, with a stamped note that hypothecation has been cancelled.

I agree, if the hypothecation is already removed in the RTO records, you don't need any NOC now to transfer the car.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 15:47   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

Sir,
My brother just took the NOC from ICICI in 2009 and put it in his file. Didn't do anything post that.

I would sell in Bangalore itself. Will send to my friend who resides there
Car is in good shape typical tbhpian car with service history and accesories with bills, 45k done, recently upgraded 14" i20 alloys and pirelli rubber
Need to clear up garage space to welcome new
Old 12th August 2016, 15:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir,
My brother just took the NOC from ICICI in 2009 and put it in his file. Didn't do anything post that.

I would sell in Bangalore itself. Will send to my friend who resides there
Car is in good shape typical tbhpian car with service history and accesories with bills, 45k done, recently upgraded 14" i20 alloys and pirelli rubber
Need to clear up garage space to welcome new
In that case you had better go to the specifc bank where the loan was issued, ideally with all the loan related paperwork such as the letter from the bank cancelling the old loan. God knows, as the loan is cancelled years back they may have filed it away in some archive or the other.

I don't even think he got a NOC from the bank as much as a letter from them that his loan is closed, actually. You can get that letter freshly endorsed (stamped / signed / sealed by the bank manager) and take it to the RTO and apply for hypothecation removal - explain that your brother forgot to do so earlier. Ideally do this from the same branch where he took the loan.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks