Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2015, 14:01   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

After a long gap, Maruti's Vitara Brezza spied.

Looks like Maruti plans to keep the exterior design of the Global' New Suzuki Vitara' but shortened to sub 4m length.

Expected to garb the market share of the CUV segment, Maruti seems to fast track the Vitara Brezza project.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutisuzukivitarabrezza.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutivitarabrezzaakayba.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutisuzukivitarabrezzarendering.jpg

Source:Gaadiwaadi

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th May 2015 at 14:08.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 15:20   #77
BHPian

In my honest opinion, this car looks like an Alto 800 / Celerio on steroids and is ugly!! If this is what Maruti intends to pitch against the Ecosport then I think Ford need not worry!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 15:50   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
In my honest opinion, this car looks like an Alto 800 / Celerio on steroids and is ugly!! If this is what Maruti intends to pitch against the Ecosport then I think Ford need not worry!
Sorry, I beg to differ to your view, Here is the New Vitara and this IMO is very competitive to EcoSport in looks and Ford will have to worry about .
The YBA will look very similar to this!
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-011_suzuki_vitara.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th May 2015 at 16:03.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 15:59   #79
BHPian

Swift has been gymming off late and it goes to gym in camo clothing it seems.

Last edited by avingodb : 14th May 2015 at 16:27. Reason: spelling
avingodb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 16:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Swift has been gymming off late it and it goes to gym in camo clothing it seems.
That way i25 also looks like a fat swift. Both XA and i25 look similar
Old 14th May 2015, 18:25   #81
BHPian

For me the name of this car is a big turn off,Why not just call it the Grand Vitara or even the Vitara just like they do in the other markets?
I mean they had a good name and they went out of their way to spoil it.
Old 14th May 2015, 22:02   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Both XA and i25 look similar
Oh yes, they do!

I think both these vehicles have lost out on the novelty factor that has benefitted EcoSport immensely by virtue of being the first mover in the segment.
Old 17th May 2015, 16:47   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's Vitara Brezza spied again now shows its interiors!

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutisuzukivitarabrezzaakaybaspyshot.jpg

Looks like a square embroidered console with the latest from Maruti technology, the SmartPlay infotainment system: offering Sat Nav and entertainment options and multi-function steering wheel and dashboard with brightly lit instrument panel.

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...-yba-rendered/
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 02:18   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Sorry, I beg to differ to your view, Here is the New Vitara and this IMO is very competitive to EcoSport in looks and Ford will have to worry about .
The YBA will look very similar to this!
Attachment 1370477
Completely agree!
I have always loved the way Vitara has looked, the older models. And this one is no exception. Vitara has always defined how a softroader Cross SUV should look. And with this multi-color thing, I would kill to own one. Just imagine it in Red with White/Black roof. The LR Evoque is one of the most handsome cars around, and this one will look like a mini Evoque.
This could have been my next car, biggest problem is that I need to buy one now and can't wait till this one gets launched.
Also, light steering and light build - read light doors are being reported in video reviews in Europe, don't like that, and the rear is somewhat not going with the rest of the car.
With Sat Nav etc, Multi-color exteriors and Maruti badge, it is a killer proposition in my mind.
Old 18th May 2015, 16:02   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Maruti's Vitara Brezza spied again
The best this here is that it doesn't look too much similar to Swift. Not that Swift is a bad looker - it is still a looker for me, but we need new designs for new cars.

IF priced at 6L for the VXi, this could be a super hit. Combined with the YRA (if priced at 5.5L for VXi) and ACross (if priced at 7L for VXi) it could lead Maruti's fight in the coming months.
Old 19th May 2015, 11:55   #86
BANNED

The Suzuki Vitara 2015 model is just 4170mm in length. And this one is a 4m vehicle. Then why do Suzuki want to develop this car from scratch? They can easily do it by chopping the hood and bumpers by just half a feet. Or, is the platform entirely different from the international model? Is the international model built on the Kizashi/Ciaz platform, and this one on the Swift platform?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th May 2015 at 12:03.
Old 19th May 2015, 12:05   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
They can easily do it by chopping the hood and bumpers by almost half feet. Or, the platform is entirely different from the international model?
That is exactly that Maruti is doing. But the most important change will be the power train to be competitive in the targeted segment. This calls for extensive testing.
Even in exterior design they will not have the tailgate mounted spare wheel ( same confg. as the NewGloabl Vitara) even though the closest competition here has it.

However they need to differentiate the YBA a bit in styling to the 'New Global Vitara' as that too is slated for India.
The 'New Global Vitara' whenever Suzuki decides to launch in India will have to be above S Cross and retain all its USP( all its options) in its international model while retaining its looks.

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th May 2015 at 12:07.
Old 19th May 2015, 12:12   #88
BANNED

Quote:
That is exactly that Maruti is doing.
But all the body panels seems to be different from the international model, even though the looks resembles it. Look at the C-pillar, hood, roof, interiors... all are different.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th May 2015 at 12:14.
Old 19th May 2015, 13:18   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is exactly that Maruti is doing. But the most important change will be the power train to be competitive in the targeted segment. This calls for extensive testing.
Not really. AFAIK, YBA is a modified Swift platform like Ertiga and Ciaz. I don't think it has anything to do with global Vitara except similarities in styling, if any.

Last edited by Viju : 19th May 2015 at 13:19.
Old 27th May 2015, 11:21   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki’s in-house 1.5-litre diesel engine postponed.

The Crossover -' Vitara Brezza' will not use the 1.5 MJD will use the proven 1.3DDIS will be used until Suzuki is ready with the in-house 1.5 Diesel engine. The Fiat 1.5 MJD will be cost prohibitive for this segment.

The 1.5-litre Suzuki's diesel engine will make its way into the YBA model range sometime in the future, probably with the model’s mid-cycle facelift that is expected two or three years after its launch.

ACI-rendered image
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20150527111449_yba_rendoring.jpg

However the ACross might continue with the 1.6 diesel(Fiat) as it is priced higher and will be only in the top variant.

Quote:
The new compact SUV (Codename: YBA) which was set to debut the in-house diesel in 2016 will now be launched with the tried and tested 1.3-litre Multijet engine sourced from Fiat, which currently does duty in every diesel Suzuki model sold in India. The 1.5-litre diesel engine will make its way into the YBA model range sometime in the future, probably with the model’s mid-cycle facelift that is expected two or three years after its launch.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-394898.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th May 2015 at 11:31.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks