Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 22:14   #391
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

Be it design, interior quality or features - Everything feels top notch. Hope they equip it with the right set of 4 cylinder engines, will definitely pose major threat to compact sedan as well as a lot of hatchbacks too.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 22:27   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Some key specifications:

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-specs.jpg

Received on WhatsApp from my sources.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 22:34   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibrain View Post
Seriously hope that it drives as well as it looks.
That might be the weak link in this Tigor just like the Tiago. I have Tiago, make no mistake, it's a wonderful car. I love it's design, Interiors, seats, suspension, stance, light steering, good AC, etc. But the drivetrains, well they leave a lot to be desired.

The Petrol Engine is refined but laggy at low RPMs. The Diesel has grunt, but is very noisy. Be it while ambling in traffic or when driving on highways. NVH levels are Bad if not Worse. That's the thing I hate in Tiago.

But with Tigor expected to have same Engines as Tiago in higher state of tune, performance might be good but NVH will remain same. I was expecting 4 cylinder engines for Tigor, but Tata has disappointed me again.

A classic example I can give is, Many People Praised Honda Brio's Cabin, but complained when Amaze was launched with same Interiors. Same thing here, those 3 cylinder engines are acceptable in Tiago, but Tigor being a sedan, refinement & performance should be given a priority which is a negative in Tiago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Be it design, interior quality or features - Everything feels top notch. Hope they equip it with the right set of 4 cylinder engines, will definitely pose major threat to compact sedan as well as a lot of hatchbacks too.
Well, you have to wait for Next Gen Tigor for that. Sadly though, Tata will be carrying same Engines as Tiago (1.2 P/1.0 D) in higher state of tune.
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 22:49   #394
Senior - BHPian

They just showcased the RaceMo with a 1.2L 3 cylinder engine delivering 190ps. So I guess, we can wait to see what state of tune, the Rigor will be provided at. My guess would be around 90-100.
Old 7th March 2017, 23:26   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
They just showcased the RaceMo with a 1.2L 3 cylinder engine delivering 190ps. So I guess, we can wait to see what state of tune, the Rigor will be provided at. My guess would be around 90-100.
The one used in RaceMo will be used in Tata Nexon. I think it will be turbocharged for the tune of 100-110Bhp. Tigor will have the same engine as Tiago maybe couple of extra bhp.
Old 8th March 2017, 00:54   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Some key specifications:

Attachment 1616414

RavenAvi : Your sources are super amazing. Can you be kind enough to tell us if Tata is planning to Launch AMT version too on 29th March or its gonna be at later date.
roushan84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 06:45   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
The one used in RaceMo will be used in Tata Nexon. I think it will be turbocharged for the tune of 100-110Bhp. Tigor will have the same engine as Tiago maybe couple of extra bhp.
Quite possible. My bad. Got confused with the 1.5 Diesel. 115 BHP.

There would have been reports about how people found the Tiago a little boring in terms of power output, so hope Tata has taken that into consideration.
Old 8th March 2017, 09:01   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
...I hope they launch AMT versions from day one and not after a year (like Tiago)...
Quote:
I really doubt they will launch AMT from day one. They just launched Tiago AMT some days ago and they would probably watch Tiago AMT's acceptance.
From a product refresh perspective, what TATA is doing makes a lot of sense. Any product when launched, will have takers irrespective of the feature list. Whenever the interest starts waning off, they could introduce some solid feature so that they can lure some fence sitters.

Quote:
The turbo charged version (same as in Nexon) may come in Tiago if TATA launches a sport variant. I think that project though initiated, has been kept on hold.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 10:41   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
From a product refresh perspective, what TATA is doing makes a lot of sense. Any product when launched, will have takers irrespective of the feature list. Whenever the interest starts waning off, they could introduce some solid feature so that they can lure some fence sitters.

Despite some shortcomings and lack of features to meet all expectations (like AMT, higher CC engines, etc) i feel extremely proud of TATA.
The way the new designs are turning out combined with better engines, much better interiors, funky exteriors speaks volumes of the work done in TATA. To top it all they have come up with TaMo and RaceMo,

i think TATA is seriously ramping up its game. This is the place to be for an automobile designer/ engineer in India.
sahibrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 15:38   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Some key specifications:

Attachment 1616414

Is the media drive happening on March 15th or March 29th?
Old 8th March 2017, 16:39   #401
BHPian

Saw this ad in today's newspaper. It is advertising Zest as a luxury cab. Looks like Tata is making space for Tigor.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-screenshot-161_edited.jpg
deerhunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 18:52   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
RavenAvi : Your sources are super amazing. Can you be kind enough to tell us if Tata is planning to Launch AMT version too on 29th March or its gonna be at later date.
Manuals will be launched first. The AMTs will arrive later, although there is a possibility of a single AMT variant (XZA petrol) to be launched together with the manuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The turbo charged version (same as in Nexon) may come in Tiago if TATA launches a sport variant. I think that project though initiated, has been kept on hold.
It's on the backburner, as of now. Once the Nexon launch is over, they will pursue it.

Quote:
Is the media drive happening on March 15th or March 29th?
Media Drive is scheduled from March 15th onwards.

The Tigor launch will be conducted on March 29th.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 12:28   #403
BHPian

The Tigor looks great in its current form and I have to appreciate Tata for integrating the boot rather well. Some features in the Tigor may be confined only to the Geneva Edition and may not end up in the final production version unless Tata has a Geneva Edition for the Indian market. The revised bumpers, red seat belts, red stitches on the seats and the sweet looking 16 inch wheels add to the car's character and looks. 195 section tyres and 16 inch wheels will definitely not find its way to the final production version but I hope it gets at least 15 inch wheels. I can see two different bumpers with and without DRL's and assume the bumpers form the Geneva Edition ends up in the production version. Have to wait until March 15 to find out.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatatigorcabin_030717012654.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatatigorseats_030717012654.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatatigorgenevaedition2-fromt.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-tatatigorgenevaedition14-wheel.jpg

Image source: Indiatoday, Rushlane
Torino is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 12:31   #404
Senior - BHPian

How about the infotainment system on the TIGOR ?

Will it be the same as Tiago - without touch screen and with 4 speakers + 4 tweeters?

Or will it have a touch Screen with Sat Nav and 6 Speakers + 4 tweeter configuration?

Maybe i am expecting too much
Old 9th March 2017, 12:58   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
How about the infotainment system on the TIGOR ?

Or will it have a touch Screen with Sat Nav and 6 Speakers + 4 tweeter configuration?
There you go, the quoted part is itself the answer for your question

Sat Nav may/may not be offered. If it's offered, then an SD card slot for Map would be provided.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks