Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2017, 22:39   #481
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
remain rattle free, and should be hard wearing (resistant to scratches, dis-coloring and flexing). A bit too much to ask!
The plastics do rattle, they don't flex but scratches are showing up lightly. This is what I have observed in my 7 month Tiago.

Discolouration will happen if it's parked in sun for long time over a period.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 22:59   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Can anyone please shed some light on which model gets the ordinary alloys? Petrol or diesel?
Silver cars = Diesel
Brown cars = Petrol
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 23:42   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Silver cars = Diesel
Brown cars = Petrol
Went a page back to check them out side by side. I dare say diesel ones looks better than the diamond cuts in petrol. Somehow diamond cut alloys aren't gelling well with the overall appearance of the car. Still, a great effort by Tata.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 23:46   #484
BHPian

@harry10

I thought so too. Somehow that silver car with ordinary alloys was looking classier than the brown car with "diamond cut" alloys. OT: I don't understand what "diamond cut" means. Cut by diamond ? Or cut like diamond ? Neither seems true !
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 01:48   #485
BHPian

Saw a (What must be a media drive vehicle) Tigor at a petrol pump in Delhi today.

While in Silver it looked absolutely gorgeous, i felt somewhat narrow. Also, absence of AMT at launch is baffling to say the least. Zest had AMT in both petrol & diesel at launch. By launching AMT now, Tigor could have taken whatever little share of AMT booking Aspire and xcent is getting and also would have dented Ignis AMT numbers which may be around 1000-1500 as of now.
Old 18th March 2017, 08:07   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
While in Silver it looked absolutely gorgeous, i felt somewhat narrow. Also, absence of AMT at launch is baffling to say the least. Zest had AMT in both petrol & diesel at launch. By launching AMT now, Tigor could have taken whatever little share of AMT booking Aspire and xcent is getting and also would have dented Ignis AMT numbers which may be around 1000-1500 as of now.
Not true, roushan84. Zest never came with autobox in the Petrol version. Only the diesel avatar came with AMT. It was XMA (mid-variant with AMT) at launch, I think. Later on, the XTA (top variant with AMT) was launched.
Old 18th March 2017, 09:04   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
Saw a (What must be a media drive vehicle) Tigor at a petrol pump in Delhi today.

While in Silver it looked absolutely gorgeous, i felt somewhat narrow. Also, absence of AMT at launch is baffling to say the least. .
Has the absence of AMT been confirmed? There was no word about the same till yesterday.
Old 18th March 2017, 12:40   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

A collage of some good shots from Day 3 of the Media Drive, courtesy Twitterati.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7ktibzv4aa0f4o.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7j2kuev0aazjwi.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7lawueuwaauv6l.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7ksvalu4aayg43.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7kwjwyu0aaxxmd.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7kwk__uwaagfac.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7lg8pjvaaai_hq.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7kx8lpvaaaowkx.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7lymxhu4aeohil.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7kbsjvoaaetim.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7kbpbgvsaaepbm.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-c7lablgu8aassvi.jpg

Evo India
Somnath Chatterjee
Shantonil Nag
Sameer Kumar
Aravind Jayachandran
Felix Jose
Tata Motors
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 12:55   #489
Senior - BHPian

Great looking car but disappointed with the engine line up especially the diesel. How hard was it to plant the 1.3 mjd in the engine bay.
extreme_torque is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 13:24   #490
Senior - BHPian

For me everything depends on the pricing. It shouldn't be more than 50k variant wise over Tiago otherwise Tata won't be able to sell it well. Like many others I am a tad disappointed with the diesel engine as well. I was expecting better performance than Tiago considering the extra weight which seems unlikely now.

When will the media test drive reports come out as today is the last day?
Old 18th March 2017, 14:04   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Great looking car but disappointed with the engine line up especially the diesel. How hard was it to plant the 1.3 mjd in the engine bay.
Even I am disappointed with the engine options provided in Tigor/Tiago but it makes sense in a mileage obsessed country.

Tata Zest ARAI fuel efficiency ratings are 17.6 km/l (petrol) 23.0 km/l (diesel).

Tata Tiago ARAI fuel efficiency ratings are 23.84 km/l (petrol) and 27.28 km/l (diesel).

Tata Tiago has an upper-hand by breaking the psychological barrier of more than 20km/l in the both the engine, this is important because Tiago/Tigor are targeted at first-time car buyers and people who want to upgrade from a small hatch. For this crowd, mileage and maintenance cost matters the most, they are least bothered about the engine in the car.

Open up any Tiago related videos on Youtube or any other website,all the comments have only one question, Kitna deti hai? Given the fact that general public thinks that Maruti gives the best mileage figures, Tata would want its car to show it can give great mileage too. Even I would have loved a better power output, but looks like will have to settle with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
For me everything depends on the pricing. It shouldn't be more than 50k variant wise over Tiago otherwise Tata won't be able to sell it well. Like many others I am a tad disappointed with the diesel engine as well. I was expecting better performance than Tiago considering the extra weight which seems unlikely now.

When will the media test drive reports come out as today is the last day?
Mostly, by Sunday night the reviews will be out.

Last edited by prasathlr : 18th March 2017 at 14:05. Reason: Formatting
prasathlr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 14:57   #492
BHPian

140nm of torque [Diesel], 70ps power output, narrow power band and 1130kg kerb weight means cruising effortlessly in the fast lane on expressways is a challenge especially with 5 people and luggage thrown in. Also overtaking will be difficult with power tapering off sharply towards the top end of the rev range. Things like these make a difference in a market where there are multitude of options in the compact sedan segment.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 18th March 2017 at 14:59.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 18:33   #493
Senior - BHPian

I think this gives the space to bring in a sportier version based on how these models sell. We already know that a sport version is almost ready.

The expectations of the general public is
1. Kitna deta hai.
2. AC hai kya.
3. Mast dikta hai kya.

The score on performance is of least importance to the majority of the Indian public. Enthusiasts, please excuse. The Multijet on the Tiago twins doesn't make business sense.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 19:53   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Rear lights up in the evening for the Tigor.

RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 23:06   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
...The score on performance is of least importance to the majority of the Indian public. Enthusiasts, please excuse. The Multijet on the Tiago twins doesn't make business sense.
A 75 bhp engine in 2017 is a 'performance' engine?? Let alone performance, its barely a segment standard now. And a 75 bhp engine would make a lot more sense when compared to an underpowered engine. The weak links in the Grand i10 / Xcent used to be the 1.1L diesel engine while the i20 has a 1.2L weak petrol engine & these variants sell lesser compared to the better specced engine variant. Heck, you can't even call the lighter Swift & Baleno diesel with 75 bhp, performance cars.

Let alone enthusiasts, even most common people love to have adequate pep & torque figures (though you'll only hear then say 'power') and that also is definitely a criterion for them to choose a car (unless it's purely chauffer driven). In an FE & diesel conscious country, Celerio diesel is a flop, so is Corolla diesel, this when their petrol variants see good success.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th March 2017 at 23:13.
swiftnfurious is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks