Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2017, 15:19   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Tigor sounds like a fun, youthful, stylish and zestful brandname.

I love felines & feline names!

Attachment 1606313

{Tigor T. Tigre is a Brazilian boys' fashion brand.}
But most people think of a Sedan as feminine so i feel Tigor will be a very masculine brutish kind of a name. Kite sounded so perfect already.
Instead, they should be naming their new SUV something like that.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 15:29   #332
BHPian

TATA is going to have a hard time pricing this. From the forum it is clear that they are going to price it below ZEST. But since this is a "Style-back" of Tiago, we can expect the same fit, finish, style, accessories and what not. Zest already is very competitively priced. Since Zest is heavily into Taxi segment these days, they will find it hard to increase price and bring in a gap for Tigor.
Am sure Management would be really brainstorming to find a spot for this without much of an overlap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
But most people think of a Sedan as feminine so i feel Tigor will be a very masculine brutish kind of a name. Kite sounded so perfect already.
Sedan as Feminine!!
which "most people" are you talking about?
Feminine as in "looks department" or that as in "driven by women" ?

I am sure most here would agree with me that both ways you might be wrong. Also I feel it's a bit regressive to bring gender in here (Just a personal Observation)

PS: Am almost sure TATA would not have thought about it at all. They just want to sound is somewhat similar to Tiago since that is a hit and it is based on that.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th February 2017 at 15:56. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 15:54   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
It is not pronounced Tiger, but 'Teegor' so it doesn't evoke the image of a fierce big cat for me. It evokes the image of a cute cuddly character such as the Tigger in Winnie the Pooh or the stuffed toy Tiger Hobbes in Calvin and Hobbes. I love it.

Last edited by Enobarbus : 9th February 2017 at 15:59. Reason: Improve format
Enobarbus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 16:00   #334
BHPian

Is there any idea, or somebody has information about engines state of tune for Tigor?
Old 9th February 2017, 18:20   #335
BHPian

Tatas design team have started eating some upmarket sense for breakfast and hence the continental design. No doubt this would be loved by the masses... Nevertheless will it have the quality of the Zest with the pricing forecasted somewhere between 5-7 lakhs? I'm all thumbs up for Tata when it comes to the recent change in the product lines... But the launch timing is now getting on the nerves and a huge opportunity could be lost in time if they do not keep up with the other players.... Not to forget the Nexon too...
Sabrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:50   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

At least people wont have a problem calling their Tigor's as beasts and other assorted names
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 20:27   #337
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
To be differentiated as a new body type, called as "styleback" - stylish notchback?

Looks good. Styleback might be Tata speak for the Fastback design. If the end product will be like what is shown in the sketch it will be the best looking car (from the back) in the segment. But the sketch and camo cars don't quite match when viewed from behind.
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 22:34   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
It is not pronounced Tiger, but 'Teegor' so it doesn't evoke the image of a fierce big cat for me. It evokes the image of a cute cuddly character such as the Tigger in Winnie the Pooh or the stuffed toy Tiger Hobbes in Calvin and Hobbes. I love it.
Good luck TATA to make people pronounce it TeeGor - I think 7 out of 10 out there will pronounce it as Tiger or some other variation (which in itself is not a bad thing, but would have more suited for a SUV than a sedan, IMHO).

--Anoop
Old 10th February 2017, 00:35   #339
Senior - BHPian

It's cheaper to design & manufacture a boot lid than the boot door of a hatchback.

Moreover, it'll be manufactured at Sanand (just like Tiago), where the Gujarat State Government has hugely subsidised Tata Motors' factory, where they're grossly underutilising the capacity anyway.

Hence, I'm sure this Tata Tigor is going to be priced sensibly.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 10th February 2017 at 01:02. Reason: Added details
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 11:11   #340
Senior - BHPian

If this is how the view is from rear 3 quarters, am sold on the impact design language that Tata has adopted. It looks extremely smart and well done. So much so that i wish Tata had done something to the front profile to make it look different than the Tiago and as bold as the rear profile.

Source - OD
Nilesh5417 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 11:32   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

EXCLUSIVE to Team-BHP:

This is how the new "TIGOR" badge will look on the production-spec cars.

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-wt1.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-wt2.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-wt3.jpg

Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs-wt4.jpg

The all-new diamond-cut alloys seen in the previous spy pics will be exclusively offered on the Tigor diesel, while the Tigor petrol will have the same alloys as the Tiago hatch.

Big thanks to my birdies for the pics and the info.
RavenAvi is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 11:45   #342
BHPian

Dear RavenAvi

Your birdies are amazing as always.
Can you please share any info that they might have about AMT versions for petrol and diesel TIGOR. Will these versions be introduced at launch, or later as in the Tiago hatch?
Transporter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:17   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Dear RavenAvi

Your birdies are amazing as always.
Can you please share any info that they might have about AMT versions for petrol and diesel TIGOR. Will these versions be introduced at launch, or later as in the Tiago hatch?

I think Tiago Petrol AMT wiil launch first after that Tigor AMT Will be launched
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:48   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
I am on it. Will clarify soon.

But earlier info suggested that the AMTs will come at a later date, and that the Tigor MT variants will be launched first.

The media drive is now re-scheduled for mid-March (around 15th/16th), which was previously supposed to happen by end-February.

Reason for the delay and re-schedule is that the diesel version of the Tigor is still being extensively tested to further fine-tune the car's on-road performance.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 20th February 2017 at 19:41.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 13:00   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am on it. Will clarify soon.

But earlier info suggested that the AMTs will come on a later date, and that the Tigor MT variants will be launched first.

The media drive is now re-scheduled for mid-March (around 15th/16th), which was previously supposed to happen by end-February.

Reason for the delay and re-schedule is that the diesel version of the Tigor is still being extensively tested to iron out a few more flaws in the car's performance.
If Tata wants to really capture a significant market share in the CS segment, i guess they should introduce AMT versions at launch. If AMT versions of Tiago are ready for launch, Tigor being based on the same platform should ideally be ready too

Desire and Ameo already provide diesel auto options, and Xcent and Amaze have petrol ones.

How can the diesel engine of Tigor have flaws? I hope it is nothing major. It uses the same engine as the Tiago right?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks