Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2015, 00:26   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
I assume you don't own or haven't even driven a punto 90hp. Ofcourse it is not for traffic light grand prix. Please take one if you can and test it on an exp. highway. At high speed it feels like 90-100kmph in other cars plus that superior stability. It feels like 90-100kmph in other cars plus that superior stability. What else you want from a street legal car ?
What he said is that the 90hp Punto is frustatingly slow in the low range. You also seem to agree on the same, then whats your point in mentioning how stable and calm it is at 150? Even my old Palio behaved like 80kph at higher speed, but being a 1.2, it was slow off the mark. He has said nothing wrong in that.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th May 2015 at 12:08. Reason: Quoted post/post edited for mentioning high speed
Old 18th May 2015, 02:05   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
What he said is that the 90hp Punto is frustatingly slow in the low range. You also seem to agree on the same, then whats your point in mentioning how stable and calm it is at 150? Even my old Palio behaved like 80kph at higher speed, but being a 1.2, it was slow off the mark. He has said nothing wrong in that.
On a lighter side. I am not sure what Punto 90HP is doing in a T-jet launch thread .

Anyone who has driven different cars long enough, knows both Ford TDCI and Fiat Mjd are not really performers in comparison to TDI and Hyundai CRDI. Both do not have any great top end to speak of either. 90 HP mjd scores marginally better in top end and TDCI is more drivable low down.

Having said that, both cars are fun to drive and they more than make up for their lack of power in terms of dynamics.

Anyway, the point here is, IMHO this being a T-jet thread, we should stick on to T-jet. As far as ergonomics of Punto is concerned, being a owner I feel indifferent about it and I don't see many long term owners complaining about it either. Guess it all boils down to getting used to it. During my test drive, even I had some apprehensions about it but all is well after a month of use.

Having said that, I would be really disappointed if they launch Abarth brand anything under 130hp.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th May 2015 at 12:09. Reason: Quoted post edited
linuxmanju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 11:19   #303
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post

Anyway, the point here is, IMHO this being a T-jet thread, we should stick on to T-jet. As far as ergonomics of Punto is concerned, being a owner I feel indifferent about it and I don't see many long term owners complaining about it either. Guess it all boils down to getting used to it. During my test drive, even I had some apprehensions about it but all is well after a month of use.
You said it linuxmanju !!

I only hope that Fiat really take an active interest in promoting the Punto T-jet, which if done correctly can probably sell as much (if not more) as a GT TSi, considering all the issues cropping up with DSG gearbox.

IMO Fiat must go all out with the Punto T-jet promotion and launch. They have a stonking and proven engine in T-jet, a totally under-rated car in Punto and probably some of the most loyal brand believers. But the marketing team at Fiat leaves a lot to be desired for. I have always cribbed about the ergonomics on the Punto and I for one, wish Fiat address this.

I am no expert, but I somehow feel that everything about the driver ergonomics can be perfectly fixed if the steering column offered a Telescopic Adjustment, at least on Punto T-jet.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 18th May 2015 at 11:22.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 20:01   #304
BHPian

This may be a noob question: I understand that Fiat already uses the 1.4L Petrol Turbo in other cars, but wouldn't turbocharging the 1.2 FIRE engine have saved Fiat some taxes? Already the 1.4 Petrol Emotion is more expensive then the 1.3 Diesel Emotion. A price advantage would have helped in the Petrol version, considering how the fuel prices have started creeping up again.

Last edited by jetti : 18th May 2015 at 20:03.
Old 19th May 2015, 08:08   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
This may be a noob question: I understand that Fiat already uses the 1.4L Petrol Turbo in other cars, but wouldn't turbocharging the 1.2 FIRE engine have saved Fiat some taxes? Already the 1.4 Petrol Emotion is more expensive then the 1.3 Diesel Emotion. A price advantage would have helped in the Petrol version, considering how the fuel prices have started creeping up again.
The 1.4 turbocharged engines aren't new; they are used in various cars in Fiat's other markets. Developing a 1.2L turbocharged engine will be more expensive than re-using an existing engine.
SunnyBoi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 09:53   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
The 1.4 turbocharged engines aren't new; they are used in various cars in Fiat's other markets. Developing a 1.2L turbocharged engine will be more expensive than re-using an existing engine.
To add to it, Fiat is not going to pay any of these additional taxes. Its the customer's who pay. In any case with the few people buying Fiats, hardly few would be worried about the higher cost for the Tjet and definitely would not warrant an additional investment to downsize the 1.4
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 16:55   #307
BHPian

Guys any news on the T-Jet Punto ??
When is Fiat planning to bring it to market ? Or should we just forget about it (knowing FIAT's lethargic attitude to launch new cars)?
Old 11th June 2015, 16:03   #308
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep coming. More inside!

ACI reports that all three abarth models will be arriving by August:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...st-395558.aspx
Old 11th June 2015, 16:46   #309
Senior - BHPian

Autocar reports that the Abarth brand will be launched in August with three vehicles; one of which is, of course, the eagerly awaited Punto Abarth. I hope the article means that all the three will be launched in August.

Quote:
Much more exciting though, is the car that will follow after – the Fiat Punto Evo Abarth. It too will get the 1.4-litre T-Jet motor, albeit in a slightly lower 135bhp state of tune. That, however, will still make it, by far, the most powerful car in its segment. It will be Abarth branded, and will likely get sportier bumpers, wheels and decals too. Fiat could even give it a stiffer suspension set-up for better handling. The best part is, unlike the 595, this car will be locally assembled alongside the standard Punto Evo, so it will be very competitively priced. In fact, Fiat is working hard to localise as much of the car as possible to keep prices down, and since the 1.4 T-Jet is already in India in its 112bhp guise, applying the update to 135bhp will be easier to carry out. Another fun fact is that while the global Punto Abarth is a three-door car, ours will be a five-door. The closest thing this car has to a rival is the VW Polo GT TSI, which is an automatic, is down on power compared to the T-Jet, and uses the same suspension as the standard car.
Source - http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...st-395558.aspx

Last edited by safari_lover : 11th June 2015 at 16:48.
safari_lover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 12:13   #310
Senior - BHPian

Stumbled upon an image of T-Jet Punto and Avventura in MyFiatWorld Facebook group

Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-facebook.com-11401079_453351184824457_6387124642470066927_n.jpg
Klub Class is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 13:03   #311
BHPian

Found a higher resolution pic. Gotta love those scorpion alloys

Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-11111819_453348581491384_90665392638256021_o.jpg

Source

Note to mods: I apologize if the above source is not permitted on Team-BHP.

Last edited by theredliner : 14th June 2015 at 13:17.
theredliner is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 14:46   #312
Senior - BHPian

WOW! so the day dreaming is coming to an end.

Now that scorpion alloys will be a hot accessory (if available as) for other normal Puntos and Evos

They should have masked that chrome bits in carbon fibre.

And finally, the exhaust tip with respect to Avventura sits very low. It looks like someone had stepped on to it for cleaning the roof top.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 15:04   #313
BHPian

Until they launch the car finally, I don't have any hopes with Fiat. The management has been very slow in mist decisions and it has cost them dearly. Lets see when does the Italian brand finally "launch" the Punto T-Jet and in what spec.
Old 14th June 2015, 22:12   #314
BHPian

I wish Fiat really launches the Abarth Punto with the max tune in August.
But I have no hopes and am not expecting anything from them.
I'vebeen hearing of the Abarth Punto from as long as 2 years.
Old 14th June 2015, 22:20   #315
Senior - BHPian

Got this pic over WhatsApp.

The Evo sports the TJet badge and Abarth-ish stripes and Alloys. Also, the 'Fiat' badge has been masked.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150614_221556.png
Views: 6213
Size:  358.3 KB

Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-picsart_1434300416758.jpg

Scoop - Fiat Punto Evo T-Jet coming up!-picsart_1434300466269.jpg

If anybody knows the source, please report this post and request the admins to mention the same.
schakravarthy is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks