Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2019, 00:51   #586
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs

Creta Petrol's unladen weight is 1319 kgs. So diesel will definitely weigh more, not below 1300kgs definitely!
Old 18th December 2019, 09:54   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgogold View Post
Creta Petrol's unladen weight is 1319 kgs. So diesel will definitely weigh more, not below 1300kgs definitely!

Yes, pardon my ignorance. Creta Diesel weighs about 1360kgs.
Old 20th December 2019, 21:43   #588
BHPian

Nissan Kicks BS 6 Engine upgrade test scoop

Source https://tamil.drivespark.com/four-wh...r-Topic-Slider

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-x2020nissankicksbs6launchspiedprice51576849054.jpg.pagespeed.ic.zbjicijnwk.jpg

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-x2020nissankicksbs6launchspiedprice41576849048.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kcjqln4ckp.jpg
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 21:58   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
What is Nissan trying to do here? I see no reason why people would buy the Kicks over the Seltos, Creta or even the Ecosport and its gang. It’s a decent product, no doubt, but it’s too little too late and not worth the premium.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 20th December 2019 at 22:00. Reason: Rephrasing a line
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 10:47   #590
BHPian

Thanks for all who helped clarifying my doubts, I made a booking for Diesel XV-Pre.
trtraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 11:04   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Nissan Kicks BS 6 Engine upgrade test scoop
Incredible news!!

Liked the way Nissan India is moving forward, slow a bit but definitely in a positive direction. And I am sure they are here to stay; btw heard from a reliable resource that they are going to launch Kicks CVT very soon.

I own a Nissan Kicks and can vouch for its build quality, my Father address it as a tank. No, I am not a fan of Nissan, Honda or a Hyundai but always appreciate sincere/honest efforts put in by an individual or any organization; success/failure is a different story.

The road ahead is tough for Nissan India considering India's new love interest (read Kia Seltos) and upcoming Hyundai Creta but if they price Kicks CVT sensibly, with few good modifications in the powertrain, and aggressive marketing, who knows, people may switch their loyalty.

All the very best Nissan!!!
theguardian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 11:07   #592
BHPian

Already the news is confirmed. Check https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-option-3.html (Nissan Kicks, Datsun GO & GO+ to get CVT option).
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:06   #593
BHPian

Recently I had done a one way trip of 230 kms on 4way in my Diesel Kicks and it turned out to be one of my best fuel efficient trip yielding highest mileage of 18.7kmpl ( ARAI mileage being 19.3 kmpl ).
I was cruising with speed range of 90 to 100 kmph, traffic being mediocre.
Odo has reached a total of 17600 kms at the end of this trip. Counting more (s)milies on my kicks. Cheers!

The Nissan Kicks Crossover. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 9.55 lakhs-20200101_200403.jpg

Last edited by jeganatu : 2nd January 2020 at 14:09.
jeganatu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 10:22   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Recently I had done a one way trip of 230 kms on 4way in my Diesel Kicks and it turned out to be one of my best fuel efficient trip yielding highest mileage of 18.7kmpl ( ARAI mileage being 19.3 kmpl ).
I was cruising with speed range of 90 to 100 kmph, traffic being mediocre.
Odo has reached a total of 17600 kms at the end of this trip. Counting more (s)milies on my kicks. Cheers!

Good to know, i could see the Eco mode is on, do you see a notable difference between Eco and Non-Eco mode ?
Old 7th January 2020, 11:58   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Good to know, i could see the Eco mode is on, do you see a notable difference between Eco and Non-Eco mode ?
There is no notable difference if you are driving sedately. There is an adequate thrust for regular overtaking manoeuvres where there is a lot of space to finish the task, however if you want to make a quick overtaking shift, then eco mode needs to be turned off so that one gets the confidence of completing the action with more power.

I had reached about 150kmph using eco mode, while once I had reached 170kmph without eco mode on open highway on my kicks.

In ghats, eco mode makes no sense. One will wish to drive effectively without much gear shifts, and disengaging eco mode will do the job. However, In the ghats I felt powerful small hatch like a 1.5 polo or similar had an edge of climbing the ghat far easily than a big car like a kicks nor seltos will do.

Last edited by jeganatu : 7th January 2020 at 12:01.
jeganatu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 10:38   #596
BHPian

Today I had a chance to drive my friend's Seltos DCT 7 petrol auto top model for about 1.5 hrs in Kodaikanal hills.

My observation.
360° camera was definitely helpful feature. Kicks top-end owners cheers to you.

Super light steering make the car easy to drive and felt like driving a hatch and not a suv

Kicks' steering is harder, hence newbie may get hand pain. In Seltos its nil. However road feedback on Kicks steering is awesome and one will feel real driving pleasure in Kicks

Seltos customers are awestruck by the information via infotainment available to the driver. Not sure on the base trim models though.

Seltos suspension is stiffer and lots of bounciness was felt vis a vis Kicks inside the cabin. Kicks passengers does not feel much bumps inside the cabin thanks to longer wheel base and ground clearance. The Seltos rear wheel arc ( suspension travel length) and tire height distance is too short and because of this I felt bumpy ride at the back seat. Kicks can comfortably take even small speed breaker without the need to slow it down, while in Seltos if we drive past on such small speed breakers, the car bounces a lot and passengers especially at rear will feel worse hit because of its hard suspension and seat.

My wife literally had lower back pain from this 1 hour drive. We both liked the car for its features, but hated the ride.

Rear seat of Kicks is more spacious, has more head room and wider than Seltos. Feels much roomy and set high stance. For rear passenger, its strictly for 2 adults and 1 child or lean adult. Kicks can comfortably accommodate 3 adults of average size. Leg room is adequate in both the car.

Kia's body construction is more stiffer than Kicks in some areas. The sheet metal is stiff and does not bend when I pushed it. In kicks we can feel sheet metal bending mildly in door panel and roof panel.

Coming to the boot size, Seltos boot was way too small compared to Kicks. Kicks boot has very deep reach boot and more height. Its access tray from inside the cabin is real useful which is not available in Seltos. While the Seltos has 1 big tray only. Though Seltos on paper has 430 liters of boot space mentioned, it does not match kicks boot which has only 400 liters on paper, but usable space is huge.
Note. Each company has different norms for measuring boot capacity.

This variant of seltos had bose audio system with sub woofer and the music quality was fantastic. I felt like a small home theater in the car. Kicks music quality is a thumbs down, yet not on the much bad.

End note.

Kia Seltos is a lovely car having acceptable styling.

Kicks having modern design cues, is a rider lovely car and drive-lover for those who love stiff steering and require more road feel. Kicks gave me a majestic feel while seltos was like a large hatch like i20.

Mod Note : Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text /smilies from other word software (MS Word etc. or use smilies from WhatsApp). That results in a formatting error on our Forum.

We advise you to proof-read your post before submitting it and also advise you to use spell-checkers.

Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th January 2020 at 12:15.
jeganatu is offline   (8) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 16th January 2020, 11:10   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Kicks' steering is harder, hence newbie may get hand pain. In seltos its nil. However road feeback on kicks steering is awesome and one will feel real driving pleasure in kicms
That's the power of a hydraulic steering!

Quote:
Seltos customers are awestruck by the informatics available to the driver. Not sure on the base trim models though.
Owning a Seltos 1.4 GTX+, neither me nor my parents are interested in the connected car tech. It's the driving pleasure that makes us excited when we sit in the Seltos.

Quote:
Seltos suspension is stiffer and lots of bouncness was felt vis a vis kicks inside the cabin.
The suspension has been set up quite stiff, which is a pain on bad roads, but unlike other Korean or Asian card, it feels really planted on highways, which is comparable to a Duster.

Quote:
Rear seat of kicks is more spacious, has more head room and wider than seltos. Feels much roomy and set high stance. For rear passenger, its strictly for 2 adults and 1 child or lean adult. Kicks can comfortably accommodate 3 adults of average size. Leg room is adequate in both the car.
Haven't sat in the Kicks, but the Seltos manages to fit three adults. I sat with two healthy ladies in the back (I'm 6 feet 2') for around 90 minutes, I was fairly comfortable, although it does severely lack in thigh support for us taller folk.

Quote:
Kia's body construction is more stiffer than kicks in some areas.
The build quality of the Seltos isn't consistent, heavy in some places, and light in others. Don't know about the Kicks.

Quote:
Seltos boot was way too small compared to kicks.
The Seltos boot won't leave you embarrassed during airport runs, so your friend doesn't have to worry.

Quote:
This variant of seltos had bose audio system with sub woofer and the music quality was fantastic. I felt like a small home theater in the car. Kicks music quality is a thumbs down, yet not on the worser side.
The audio quality in default settings is okay, but messing around with the EQ makes it great.

Quote:
Kia seltos is driver lovely car having acceptable styling.
Aptly said.

Quote:
Kicks gave me a majestic feel while seltos was like a large hatch like i20.
The Duster platform actually is that of the 2002 Clio hatch, it's just the way the platform has been retooled that gives it that SUVish feeling. The Seltos doesn't have much to do with the i20 though, and doesn't share it's platforms. However I do agree that it is a pseudo SUV.

It's a pity that the Kicks wasn't the success that Nissan hoped it would be. I am especially fond of the Kicks, and consider it to be the best effort of Nissan in India. Hopefully the new Nissan management lead by Mr. Srivastava can turn around it's fortunes.

Hope you enjoy each and every mild munching moment in your car!

Last edited by BZ25 : 16th January 2020 at 11:11.
BZ25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 11:13   #598
Senior - BHPian

Nissan is seperating from Renault after the Ghosn debacle and going back to core strength of japanese manufacturing. So just maybe Nissan will not quit India and will continue in future with japanese engines instead of renault engined nissans.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/n...-carlos-ghosn/

Last edited by lurker : 16th January 2020 at 11:14. Reason: added link
Old 16th January 2020, 11:18   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Nissan is seperating from Renault after the Ghosn debacle and going back to core strength of japanese manufacturing. So just maybe Nissan will not quit India and will continue in future with japanese engines instead of renault engined nissans.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/n...-carlos-ghosn/

Renault alliance has denied the news.

https://m.economictimes.com/news/int...w/73239858.cms
Old 16th January 2020, 12:21   #600
Senior - BHPian

Kicks was on the top of my list but lack of CVT made me drop this. I wonder why it takes them long time to introduce AMT or CVT for the Kicks. I just love the design and interiors.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks