Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:59   #526
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
.....Save for ACC, I don't think I'll miss anything else in the Zeta version.
Beg to disagree - With that colossal C-pillar, Rear view camera is a must have on this car. Driver seat height adjustment makes it very convenient for me and the wife to share the same car without compromising too much on ergonomics - I'm sure there are others who have similar needs.

All said, I can't really understand the concept of avoiding sticker-shock by not offering the top variant with AMT. Does anyone really care about it?
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:14   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
Alpha also gets height adjustable driver seat...
Quote:
  • Driver seat height adjust...
That's in the list. Puddle lamp is one of those I didn't write. I see there is one more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Beg to disagree - With that colossal C-pillar, Rear view camera is a must have on this car...?
A rear parking cam can always be added aftermarket or even from the showroom. I usually frown only about stuffs which can't be added later. eg, ABS / Airbags, ACC, Cruise Control etc.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:02   #528
Senior - BHPian

Another successful product it seems. The way MSIL is now pricing their products if one starts from Alto 800 (keeping Omni out of private buyers), one can find change in trim or change in car at every 25k between models sold at standard outlets or NEXA.

A car available from 3 Lac until 10 Lac or may be even 10.75 Lac (by completing Brezza lineup top trim) with change in feature list or car itself at such small intervals !

This is based on indicative prices floating (Ignis) around at various portals. MSIL would very much want to keep the buyer within its network by providing large number of choices below 10 Lac segments.

Marketing Genius is what I would say ! Just add 25k to your budget and see what the sales guy would be ready to offer you !

Last edited by i74js : 2nd January 2017 at 16:03.
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:01   #529
BHPian

Everyone was expecting a better mileage than Baleno, but Mileage in both the versions is less than Baleno.

Is it Aerodynamics or the kerb weight, which is playing spoil sport.

And, till date no images of the Regular Music system..
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:06   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Bookings officially open in Nexa link,

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-111.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-113.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-112.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd January 2017 at 19:10.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:59   #531
Senior - BHPian

IGNIS does not seem to come with Keyless entry ( Just like Baleno Zeta and Alpha ), it only comes with Remote Keyless entry.
Also Maruti will never offer touchscreen unit from alpha as accessory.
Regular unit should look similar to units from Baleno.

Delta IGNIS only has 2 speakers.

Last edited by silverado : 2nd January 2017 at 20:12.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 21:35   #532
BHPian

Renault Kwid is in serious trouble if this comes with a price tag anywhere around 4 lakh. Interesting this will be now how the company is ready to take volumes and bookings with this car. For the current Baleno, they are producing only 10000 cars a month and bookings are crossing around 17-18K a month. If this also goes hit, looks like waiting periods will shoot up more than 6 months. Considering Baleno RS will also launch soon.
amitahirrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 22:06   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Bangalore : Garuda Nexa is coming up in ORR ( near Bimal Nexa).
They could have chosen different location, somewhere near Kalyan Nagar/HBR Layout would have been better. That part doesn't have NEXA outlet yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Having the projectors, Auto AC, Touchscreen tablet in only the top trim is a deal breaker for many people. People who want AMT and the above features will be left wanting.
Hope Maruti launches the AMT in top end variant as well.
Correct, I felt the same after the variants were revealed by BHPian Senna4Ever. But that's how it is. But at least some features should have been made exclusive to the AMT/AT versions.

Quote:
Save for ACC, I don't think I'll miss anything else in the Zeta version. Frankly, all these are the "nice to have bits" which Alpha can boast of. People who are not so finicky about the fancy stuff has everything they need for, in the Zeta variant with the added choice of AMT!

PS : I still can't get over this variant strategy. With AMT, the price difference is anyway not so humoungous. Maruti should have provided AMT on Zeta & Alpha instead of Delta.
Well said, price difference does make them to compromise on offering a top spec Variant in Auto Transmission. This is a same across manufacturers. If India wasn't a price sensitive market, we would have seen AT in all trims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
Alpha also gets height adjustable driver seat(I don't know why they skipped that in Zeta ) and Puddle Lamps. I think those are the two features you were referring to.
Height Adjustable Driver Seat should have been offered in Zeta. Don't know why Maruti missed it, as it doesn't cost much. Or maybe they didn't have enough features to differentiate Alpha from Zeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th2 View Post
Went ahead and booked an AGS(AMT) - Zeta. Would have actually preferred an Alpha trim CVT. But well, we live with what is available. Need a well-built as-small-as-possible automatic for city use only. At 12:00 PM, I was the fourth guy booking in the JP Nagar Nexa showroom in Bangalore.
Congratulations, your car will definitely attract eyeballs initially. Which color have you choosen ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinz View Post
Not sure, why Maruti Suzuki doesn't offer Alpha variants for their automatic versions. The same is with Baleno also. They don't have the Alpha version for the automatic model. This was indeed a make or break decision when choosing Baleno and I dropped Baleno for it.
Something to do with Pricing. If there wasn't a Diesel version, there would have been a Fully Spec Automatic. But when you bring Diesel into equation, the automatic will have almost same price as the Top End Diesel, in that case, most of the people will prefer Diesel, which kills the Automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Beg to disagree - With that colossal C-pillar, Rear view camera is a must have on this car. Driver seat height adjustment makes it very convenient for me and the wife to share the same car without compromising too much on ergonomics - I'm sure there are others who have similar needs.
Reverse camera is helpful, so is the Height Adjustable Driver Seat, but when these are missing from Zeta & you want AMT, you should compromise on either of these. These little things make one to stay away when he/she is looking at these in thier car.

Quote:
A rear parking cam can always be added aftermarket or even from the showroom. I usually frown only about stuffs which can't be added later. eg, ABS / Airbags, ACC, Cruise Control etc.
Correct, Things that one can get aftermarket shouldn't be given much importance, but the safety features shouldn't be neglected. It's ultimately these that save one's life. I have seen so many people not buying the car with Safety Pack, just because of Price difference. Many people also consider Airbags as useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Another successful product it seems. The way MSIL is now pricing their products if one starts from Alto 800 (keeping Omni out of private buyers), one can find change in trim or change in car at every 25k between models sold at standard outlets or NEXA.

This is based on indicative prices floating (Ignis) around at various portals. MSIL would very much want to keep the buyer within its network by providing large number of choices below 10 Lac segments.
This is not a new thing, Maruti has been this successful (Products Part) because of thier brilliant pricing. This has given them the share they have today. But now, in a bid to grow even further, they have started to provide quality. These step by step procedure ensures you improve on weaknessess while the core values are kept intact.

No doubt, this Ignis will be big hit like the Baleno & Brezza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Is it Aerodynamics or the kerb weight, which is playing spoil sport.

And, till date no images of the Regular Music system..
Definitely Aerodynamics, because the Baleno is more curvy & also has Liquid Flow Design. While the Ignis is Square & very boxy. Fact is that Sedans (Curvy) are more aerodynamic then SUVs (Boxy). Hence the Claimed FE is the same.

Regarding the Audio on Lower Variants. It is similar in size & shape of the Touchscreen HU. But, the Screen is a Monochrome Type, and it has some buttons below.
Old 2nd January 2017, 23:01   #534
BHPian

Booked the Ignis(Alpha Petrol) in Tinsel Blue w/Midnight Black Shade. Eagerly waiting on the pricing as I might switch the variant if the Alpha turns out to be too pricey.
nimit3105 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 03:18   #535
BHPian

Compiled this variant-wise feature-list of Ignis from the official website. Keeping in mind how we go crazy over anything SUVish, all the manufacturers nowadays charge a premium for their compact SUV, CUV, crossovers (read overgrown hatchbacks). Let's see if MSIL prices it like the Baleno (aggressive) or the S-Cross (launch price blunder)

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis-exterior.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis-interior.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis-entertainment.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis-comfort-convenience.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis-safety.jpg
Debajyoti is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 07:57   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
They could have chosen different location, somewhere near Kalyan Nagar/HBR Layout would have been better. That part doesn't have NEXA outlet yet. .
You spoke too soon. Kalyani Motors has their NEXA showroom set up there. Its bang opposite the Toyota showroom and their own show room on the ring road between Horamavu and Ramurthy Nagar. Word has not got out yet since they have not yet formally inaugurated it. One thing for sure, its coming up just for the Ignis. Right now you can spot the odd Baleno or S-Cross under the spotlights there. It has a huge parking area in front of it and looks like one of those showrooms you see abroad
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:59   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
Renault Kwid is in serious trouble if this comes with a price tag anywhere around 4 lakh.
I too have the same gut feeling looking at the overall dimensions of this car. The advantage for Maruti is its highly refined 1.2L K-series engine against the noisy 1.0L engine of Kwid.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:17   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I too have the same gut feeling looking at the overall dimensions of this car. The advantage for Maruti is its highly refined 1.2L K-series engine against the noisy 1.0L engine of Kwid.
And safety. Even though previous Maruti's have questionable structures, Maruti has been advertising their TECT body ever since Baleno was released. So I guess this has a much safer/stable monocoque than Kwid. I am in the lookout for a small city car, and size and safety wise, I dont think anything else fits my bill.
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:52   #539
BHPian

Maruti seems to have skipped the Rear Seat sliding mechanism to free up more boot space, as there's no mention of the same in Official Brochure. Though, 60:40 split seats are available, sliding mechanism was a good feature and utility to have.

@Eddy can throw some light.
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:59   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Maruti seems to have skipped the Rear Seat sliding mechanism to free up more boot space, as there's no mention of the same in Official Brochure. Though, 60:40 split seats are available, sliding mechanism was a good feature and utility to have.
Since the seating capacity is mentioned as 5, the sliding feature may not be there.

The sliding feature is for a 50-50 split seat and seating capacity of 4.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks