Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2017, 10:15   #646
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know the utility of the following feature - "Meter Accent Lighting"? The promotion material says it is a first in class feature.

The lack of Automatic variant in the Alpha variant is disappointing especially missing out the rear view camera and the seat height adjuster.
Old 11th January 2017, 10:37   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Interior pic is of the Zeta MT variant.
Music system in Zeta looks simply awful!!! . The center console also loses it premium touch just one level down the top variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Thank you to Team-BHP fan Sathish Chowdry for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

A detailed overview of the Ignis' variant-wise feature distribution.
If we go by this list Ignis should have Remote Key Less entry from Delta onwards, however still wondering if this is based on request sensor in door handle or one has to press the button on remote. It is surprising MSIL is not highlighting this in the key features list!
Old 11th January 2017, 10:44   #648
BHPian

Quote:

OMG, the interior for Zeta is hideous to put it mildly!

After wearing those exteriors at least the interiors could have been made desirable which does not seem to be the case.

I think Maruti is trying out it's might with this car and are saying something like "no matter how horrendous looking car we provide it will sell; it's a challenge!"
teemus is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 11:18   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
OMG, the interior for Zeta is hideous to put it mildly!
======
I think Maruti is trying out it's might with this car and are saying something like "[i]no matter how horrendous looking car we provide it will sell; it's a challenge!"
Maruti should have provided the larger touchscreen as a standard feature in Ignis, given the fact that they are pitching it as a premium hatchback to be sold through Nexa. The interiors in the lower trims (Zeta) are not aspirational at all in their current avatar.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th January 2017 at 11:37. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Ajay_Sensei is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 11:19   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As the launch draws nears rumors on its pricing are afloat,

Here is one giving the OTR Delhi pricing,

Link
Baleno Petrol - 5.66 to 7.97(8.37l for AT) compared to 5.5 to 7.5l OTR for Ignis

Baleno Diesel - 7.16 to 9.35l compared to 6.36 to 8.35l OTR for Ignis
Based on figures for Baleno from Carwale.com

If the rumoured prices for Ignis and prices for Baleno from Carwale are both close to accurate, Ignis petrol seems very very overpriced. Even the Diesel seems expensive except for the top end. So what is Ignis really offering over the Baleno except some added funk? I seriously fail to find value with these prices though no doubt it will sell.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 11th January 2017 at 11:39. Reason: Diesel prices for Baleno are OTR and not ex Delhi
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 11:25   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
If we go by this list Ignis should have Remote Key Less entry from Delta onwards, however still wondering if this is based on request sensor in door handle or one has to press the button on remote. It is surprising MSIL is not highlighting this in the key features list!
In general remote key less entry is the regular remote key that we see and yes, one would need to press the button on the remote to unlock. Its the smart key with the push start feature that would be provided with the request sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
If the rumoured prices for Ignis and prices for Baleno from Carwale are both close to accurate, Ignis petrol seems very very overpriced. Even the Diesel seems expensive except for the top end. So what is Ignis really offering over the Baleno except some added funk? I seriously fail to find value with these prices though no doubt it will sell.
If this is the case, I feel the mass market and a prospective buyer would still go for the baleno considering even the delta variant is decently equipped and closely priced to ignis and of course for the added big car feel(which is generally what the regular joes look for when upgrading). I am pretty curious as to which sect of people the ignis would actually hit.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th January 2017 at 11:39. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 11th January 2017, 12:02   #652
BHPian

Might be Maruti-Suzuki just want to Flaunt its first in segment LED Projectors headlamps with the Ignis and in that context has introduced a first in car market "Night Drive" during the media event.

I assume that the Meter Accent Lighting must be the vertical intermittent lines of accent lighting that must have put up above the Odo in the Ignis. I have circled the spot on the image. Correct me if wrong.

Image Courtesy: Google
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis-meter-accent-lighting.jpeg  

rohiT Nonu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 12:23   #653
BHPian

Ignis brochure now available in Nexa website.

http://www.nexaexperience.com/ignis.html#brochure
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ignis_brochure.pdf (3.97 MB, 1373 views)
X-Factor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 12:27   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohiT Nonu View Post
Might be Maruti-Suzuki just want to Flaunt its first in segment LED Projectors headlamps with the Ignis and in that context has introduced a first in car market "Night Drive" during the media event.

I assume that the Meter Accent Lighting must be the vertical intermittent lines of accent lighting that must have put up above the Odo in the Ignis. I have circled the spot on the image. Correct me if wrong.

Image Courtesy: Google
Its really amusing, that manufactures these days highlight these very minute things as a unique feature giving them such huge complex names. Like seriously "Meter Accent lighting" I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future we see stuff like "Illuminated brake warning lamps" in the safety section that would merely mean Brake lights.

Last edited by blackbandit : 11th January 2017 at 12:29.
blackbandit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 12:33   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Brochure available ( download) now in Nexa Site,

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-capture.jpg
Old 11th January 2017, 12:37   #656
BHPian

Quote:

Dear Ravenavi - Your scoops and sources are really awesome in recent times!!.

Coming to the interior of the Zeta - it looks totally utilitarian; the music console is downright ugly and the AC knobs seem like a direct lift from the erstwhile Maruti 800.

They could have at-least given good-looking circular knobs with backlight in this "so-called" premium car.

Makes no economic sense in going for the Zeta variant over the Delta unless someone is hell-bent on push button start-stop
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 13:08   #657
BHPian

It seems the music "panel" is not in line with ac controls or the gear knob. Either one of 3 are more towards right by 1/2 inches. Is it due to angle of photo ? or in real ?
Old 11th January 2017, 13:18   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopap View Post
It seems the music "panel" is not in line with ac controls or the gear knob. Either one of 3 are more towards right by 1/2 inches. Is it due to angle of photo ? or in real ?
The infotainment is offset to the left by a few inches. This was clearly done to prevent cluttering. If you notice, placing it at the exact center would cause it to interfere with the steering and the AC vent and it would be a clear design flaw.

Last edited by Zappo : 11th January 2017 at 14:10. Reason: Typo edited as requested
Old 11th January 2017, 13:37   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
The infotainment is offset to the right by a few inches. This was clearly done to prevent cluttering. If you notice, placing it at the exact center would cause it to interfere with the steering and the AC vent and it would be a clear design flaw.
True, but nonetheless, the current setup does seem to have it's set of design flaws. The center right air vent seems to be uncomfortably close to the steering wheel which might cause the left hand (fingers) to be much colder, isn't it?
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 13:57   #660
BHPian

The whole centre console (as seen in pic by Ravenavi) looks after-market fitment. Plain ugly! tablet like thing look extremely out of place, centre aircon vents' action will be compromised if placed straight towards the gap between seats, and right side vent is almost directly in line with the steering. Fitting of the aircon control console looks dirty. Also, almost white tone of dashboard is not to my liking. Looks like taxi grade hard plastic.

Only the front fascia of the car looks good.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks