Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:53   #1306
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
It seems to me the Tata Customer care is clueless about this and I really don't know what went wrong.
One should always buy a real car and not a scaled model

Jokes apart, I still did not get the concept of selling these models. I doubt if any other brand followed this way of marketing. This way it should not backfire on Tata and damage the sales figures of Altroz.
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:57   #1307
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
I paid for the model on the website. I took a screenshot of the order confirmation on the website for future reference and also received an e-mail from Tata that contained the booking confirmation number, payment id and it said I will receive another e-mail 'soon' containing the sales I'd and dealership details.
It seems to me the Tata Customer care is clueless about this and I really don't know what went wrong.
Deja vu! That's exactly what i have been through already. I tweeted TML for follow up and got the email confirmation of my order after 10 days of daily follow up. It has been 10 days since the email & no update about the scale model/dealership for collection. They just can't get things right can they? On the other hand, Mahindra smoothly sells scale models of their cars on the m2all app. I have 2 of them! Perfect quality and very economical price. Guess its same in scale models and real cars.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:57   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
One should always buy a real car and not a scaled model
Ha Ha. But with a scale model, I wouldn't have to worry about quality of service or deal with the Customer Care in case of a service issue.

Seriously though, if this is the way Tata Customer Care responds to queries/complaints, I wouldn't even touch a Tata Car with a barge pole!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Deja vu! That's exactly what i have been through already. I tweeted TML for follow up and got the email confirmation of my order after 10 days of daily follow up. It has been 10 days since the email & no update about the scale model/dealership for collection. They just can't get things right can they? On the other hand, Mahindra smoothly sells scale models of their cars on the m2all app. I have 2 of them! Perfect quality and very economical price. Guess its same in scale models and real cars.
We are riding on the same boat then. They are not even confirming my request to cancel the order.
They are not responding about this issue on FB or Twitter either.

Yes, Mahindra is great that way. I bought Mahindra scale models bought from m2all and the experience was pretty smooth, unlike this horrible experience with Tata!!

Last edited by skanchan95 : 3rd January 2020 at 11:04.
Old 3rd January 2020, 11:13   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Deja vu! That's exactly what i have been through already.....
Guess its same in scale models and real cars.
Tata just don't seem to get the memo, do they? When will they realize it's the small things that matter.

Don't set your hopes high with the scale model. When I called the customer care inquiring about extended warranty and if I would receive any communications about the same from Tata post purchase, all they said was talk to your dealer. Only dealer can help you with that. Zero info about company policy about the same.
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 11:40   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest bits of info released by a friendly birdie:

Altroz 110BHP diesel being mulled over. Depending on sales volumes of the Altroz, this may be developed and released at a later date as a possible JTP variant by end-2021.

Also, the Altroz EV is scheduled to be out by festive season 2020.

Planning of development of the mini sub-compact SUV, which is to be slotted below the Nexon, has also begun.
RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:45   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Altroz 110BHP diesel being mulled over. Depending on sales volumes of the Altroz, this may be developed and released at a later date as a possible JTP variant by end-2021.

Also, the Altroz EV is scheduled to be out by festive season 2020.

Planning of development of the mini sub-compact SUV, which is to be slotted below the Nexon, has also begun.
A powerful diesel should be strict no it will not sell, they should be looking at a powerful petrol with an automatic transmission! Would be a good contender to the Polo GT TSI considering how lightweight the Altroz is.

I am more interested in the Altroz EV more than the Nexon EV as i am not a fan of the design, the Altroz EV looks better than it's IC engined counterpart.
Old 3rd January 2020, 18:33   #1312
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
A powerful diesel should be strict no it will not sell, Would be a good contender to the Polo GT TSI considering how lightweight the Altroz is.
I think, the powerful diesel with AT box will have very good performance and fuel average. We already know that, all autobox with petrol would give a below average fuel economy.

There wasn't a Polo GT TDI with auto box to compare with petrol counterpart. Ameo diesel dsg would have sold good numbers, if it looked eye -pleasing.
bkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 19:22   #1313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
A powerful diesel should be strict no it will not sell, they should be looking at a powerful petrol with an automatic transmission! Would be a good contender to the Polo GT TSI considering how lightweight the Altroz is.
Can't find a reason why an Altroz 110bhp diesel shouldn't do well.

If any models had the more powerful diesel 'variants' doing poorly, it would have to do with maybe too high premium pricing, or driveability, or maybe in the case of Scross 1.6, where it was a combination of all the above, plus the fear of imported engine support.

Agree with your view of a powerful petrol auto a la GT tsi.

But AFAIK, other than the existing engines that Tata has now, plus the fiat 2.0 MJD, Tata doesn't seem like it's developing any new engines.

Gotta feeling that Tata is trying to jump straight into EV without any further ICE development.

EDITRead in the ACI article that they are developing a 1.5l petrol, considering the lineup they are planning in the upcoming years, much needed. Guess it would be planned from the beginning to mate with the DCT in development..... Well, wouldn't hurt to have the 110bhp diesel too right

Last edited by DicKy : 3rd January 2020 at 19:23.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:43   #1314
BHPian

Quote:

Sigh! TATA is one company which has still not understood the market trend properly. Be it launching a half-baked product with niggles, no diesel ATs in SUVs, lacking in features in a premium hatchback, and what not. When the market is shifting towards petrol even in a compact SUV segment, these guys are planning a diesel performance hatch!

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th January 2020 at 08:39. Reason: Typo
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:50   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
lacking in features in a premium hatchback
Can you please elaborate on the features which this car is lacking, which the other cars in the segment are having
yesyeswe is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 05:48   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope it's not the case of 'Too little, too late.' Altroz really needs something exceptional to compete with Baleno, i20 and Jazz.

Tata's product planning teams probably live in a parallel universe or in 1999.
Examples:
1. The Hexa is what the Aria should have been
2. Harrier with no AT is a big miss
3. Altroz not being ready with a powerful diesel
landcruiser123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 07:16   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Harrier Auto will complete the portfolio for sure but not many may necessarily buy it. Mileage is the most discussed topic on automatics (even today) and even the latest entrant Seltos is throwing up single digit numbers in those discussions. Way forward is a competent electric/hybrid, and Nexon will open up that front in the coming month. Petrol and Diesel will still be around for 100 more years (as per Saudi estimates) and the technologies are going to get cleaner. So I don't see diesel engines going anywhere, as of now
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Harrier with no AT is a big miss
Old 4th January 2020, 10:12   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors needs to realise that if they ever want to be a large volume player in the market, they have to get the right products at the right time. They are not such a coveted entity where people will eagerly await their products for an year or so. Anything that helps increase the power/performance of their cars , be it the Altroz or the Harrier is more than welcome at the earliest if possible. Who knows what kind of market situation the Altroz will find itself towards end-2021 ?
fhdowntheline is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 10:47   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Can you please elaborate on the features which this car is lacking, which the other cars in the segment are having
In this day and age, premium hatchback needs to be loaded to the gills with features, more so for a car coming from a brand like TATA. Fr ex. the upcoming i20 will be having the sunroof, rear discs, connectivity and all the other convenience features for sure. Even the 4 year old Baleno has a good list of features than the Altroz. As a matter of fact Altroz isn’t a a car from Maruti to just sell on the brand name per say. It needs to have ‘that’ extra to beat the rest of the competition and stand apart. TATAs have even messed up with the basic petrol mill in the Altroz. For a premium hatchback, their petrol motor will and should be the one that will bring all the money.
In a nutshell, Altroz just has what the current competition is offering, but IMHO that wouldn’t be enough to prove its case. You cannot sell any product just on good looks.

Just my thoughts here, nothing against the company or any of their customers. They definitely have a great potential, but only need to channel it in the right direction and most importantly at the right time.
ashvek3141 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 11:03   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Petrol and Diesel will still be around for 100 more years (as per Saudi estimates)
Won’t believe the saudis as they have an incentive to keep fossils fuels going. Most other countries are trying to move to EVs ASAP with Norway having substantial EV sales (I think 50%) already and UK wanting to be carbon neutral by 2050. Given the unprecedented pace in which EV tech is developing especially with the Chinese pushing the cost of the tech down, Tata is doing the right thing by having a first mover advantage and having two competent EVs in the market from the get-go - the Altroz EV and the Nexon EV. They probably think putting money on newer ICEs isn’t worth it!
dragracer567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks