Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2019, 01:01   #1291
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Presence of a bulbous protrusion would surely break the streamline and produce turbulence creating more noise than suppressing it.
Not necessarily. In case of the (IIRC) Honda Jazz you can see 2-3 protrusions on the A-pillar, adjacent to the mirrors. These are triangular in cross-section.

Let's wait to see the actual car - and if it actually helps reducing wind noise.
condor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 02:00   #1292
Team-BHP Support

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Certainly had a camera (notice the circle in the image below, which is not present in the production version) in the initial videos released soon after the Geneva unveil. Looks like that got dropped later, but the bump remained - and has nothing to do with aerodynamics.

Look closely at those initial videos and you can also spot front camera, parking sensors on the front and rear fenders etc - leaving no doubts that this car was designed to have a 360 degree camera + parking sensor system. May be something else to look forward to - during the midlife facelift.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20191224014204_youtube.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20191224020456_youtube.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20191224020404_youtube.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th December 2019 at 02:24.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 08:24   #1293
BHPian

Why isn't Tata just giving the 360° camera from the launch itself? It would've been a 1st in segment and would've given bragging rights to Tata. I love Tata but some decisions puzzle me.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 22:16   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
Why isn't Tata just giving the 360° camera from the launch itself? It would've been a 1st in segment and would've given bragging rights to Tata. I love Tata but some decisions puzzle me.
Because they have to keep the prices low, tata can't do everything at the same time, price to undercut rivals, superior build quality, 360 camera etc. You can't have your cake and eat it too
yesyeswe is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 22:32   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Because they have to keep the prices low, tata can't do everything at the same time, price to undercut rivals, superior build quality, 360 camera etc. You can't have your cake and eat it too
TBH, undercutting rivals doesn't work nowadays, Indians value features and how 'connected'(in terms of Internet connected and not driving feel) the car is. It's sad where cars are headed to. I just hope they launch a more powerful petrol version as the chassis seems capable of handling a lot more power according to the review.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 23:08   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Look closely at those initial videos and you can also spot front camera, parking sensors on the front and rear fenders etc - leaving no doubts that this car was designed to have a 360 degree camera + parking sensor system. May be something else to look forward to - during the midlife facelift.
Or they probably plan to offer it in the pro edition package, like they have been doing for the rest of their line up.

It would actually be cool if it were a plug and play and a small software update for the same. Keeps prices low, and appeases the tech geeks at the same time.

But knowing the way Tata goes about business, I doubt the possibility of that happening.
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 12:08   #1297
BHPian

Nora Fatehi with a Tata Altroz - Which one is Cooler?

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-norafatehiimage.jpg

No offense to Nora, I will go with the 'Red hot' one

Source
SpideyBoy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 16:02   #1298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Nora Fatehi with a Tata Altroz - Which one is Cooler?
Quite a tricky picture! I'm not able to decide if its a real one or a photoshop merge of 2 images. Something about the ratios and scale aren't appearing right at first glance for me.
Reinhard is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 16:03   #1299
BHPian

Not just Sid Malhotra and Nora Fatehi.

Tata seems to be going all out for the Altroz. Some quick search on instagram with #TheGoldStandard and the Altroz instagram page and seems Tata has roped in a whole lot of millennial instagram influencers/celebrities at a promo event in Goa. Tata intends to aggressively target the 25-35 age group on this one.

Sales Advisors would receive INR 5k rewards per Altroz if they retail it by 15th Feb 2020, it seems. Refer the source image here Link (Tata Harrier : Official Review)

Last edited by TROOPER : 30th December 2019 at 16:12.
TROOPER is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 21:53   #1300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
TBH, undercutting rivals doesn't work nowadays, Indians value features and how 'connected'(in terms of Internet connected and not driving feel) the car is. It's sad where cars are headed to. I just hope they launch a more powerful petrol version as the chassis seems capable of handling a lot more power according to the review.

Ohh it works!!! Any product from TATA is deemed expensive if it doesnt undercut the rivals, and for the right reasons. And yeah, am with customers on it - as much am an Indian, I dont have false patriotism - I'll put money where I see "value"; I dont care if an Indian company gives it or a Japanese or Korean or European.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 10:38   #1301
Senior - BHPian

I had a chance to briefly check out the Altroz at the Terminal 2, Mumbai. The car seemed pretty solid in every aspect, interiors and exterior. Very Nexon like quality I would say, so much better than the Tiago and Tigor. And that means that the overall car felt a bit more premium than an i20 or Baleno. And the car overall feels very fresh in terms of the way it looks.

But where the Altroz surprisingly seems to lose out is the interior space. My wife has an Elite i20 and the rear space in the i20 is very good, and this is where the Altroz comes a bit short.
Nevertheless, these B segment hatchbacks are primarily being driven alone or with 2 people at max, at least most of the time. And for that purpose the car does make a strong case for itself. Tata needs to be aggressive from day one, especially with the variants and automatic box combos. This is meant for the urban consumer, so at least 2 AT variants is a must.
motorworks is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 19:08   #1302
BANNED

Another promotional video is out:
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 19:20   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Quite a tricky picture! I'm not able to decide if its a real one or a photoshop merge of 2 images. Something about the ratios and scale aren't appearing right at first glance for me.
You are absolutely right, it is indeed a photo-shopped image. Two or more images merged together. Ratios are funny, but also look at any reflection of Norah on the Altroz, None. The lightning conditions are different as well.
A very common practice in advertisements.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 23:01   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
You are absolutely right, it is indeed a photo-shopped image. Two or more images merged together. Ratios are funny, but also look at any reflection of Norah on the Altroz, None. The lightning conditions are different as well.
A very common practice in advertisements.
But why would they do it? They had her for the video with the car, and they have paid her already, why to photoshop then
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:48   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
TML has tweeted that they are going to make a limited 1000 units of the scale model available for sale on 10th December.
If anyone is planning to buy this scale model on the tata website, avoid buying it.

I paid for the model on the website. I took a screenshot of the order confirmation on the website for future reference and also received an e-mail from Tata that contained the booking confirmation number, payment id and it said I will receive another e-mail 'soon' containing the sales I'd and dealership details.

Almost 10 days later, I have received nothing. Neither the model nor that second confirmation e-mail!!

Repeated complaints to Tata Customer Care have only resulted in 'matter is being investigated and someone will contact you soon'.

I have requested for a cancellation of the order and refund of the amount. Even for that they are asked for my contact details(something they should have already have from the order details)!!!! As a reply to having given my contact details - the same old generic statement was repeated- 'someone will contact you soon.'

It seems to me the Tata Customer care is clueless about this and I really don't know what went wrong.
skanchan95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks