Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2015, 19:56   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The "Who Am I?" promotional campaign for the Punto Evo Abarth.
Is this for abarth? It just looked like a promotional video for Fiat punto I general. With the abarth I would have expected a better reaction from people as well.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th September 2015 at 11:52. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post.
Old 27th September 2015, 20:36   #332
BHPian

re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

Well if 8.8 sec's 0-100 timing is official by Fiat then I'm very pleased. I wanted an official 8.XX figure; that's what the other manufacturers also quote. Although most of us will be managing somewhere around 10 sec's or nine and a half like Overdrive and Autocar. So that's another check for me.

@PatchyBoy: Could you confirm from your source about the gear ratios? I hope Fiat has altered the ratios to better suit the engine. Also awaiting update on Uconnect. Thanks in advance.
Old 27th September 2015, 21:14   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Sports Attitude? Track tuned suspensions for spoty drive?

Looks like some kid with really bad grammar made a powerpoint presentation, slapped on some watermarks for free publicity. I don't consider this as a credible source at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Saw these pictures on Facebook. At the risk of getting flamed for 'bashing' Fiat, I'm going to come out and say it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
If this is what the dealers have been given to work with, then FIAT deserves to be bashed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post

Probably by a 50-55 year old middle management uncle for internal meetings; possibly a petrol-head with bad grammar.
With the change in management, I was hoping for better from FIAT. If this is all they can come up with, then I only have one word for them - PATHETIC
Old 27th September 2015, 21:46   #334
BHPian

I don't think that these presentations are the final ones. Could also be that somebody with inside links made these up or maybe got his hands upon the initial slides. C'mon guys, Fiat has been making very classy brochures for their products. To expect that these are the final revisions would be very absurd.

And the stated figure of 103 bhp for Polo GT is correct. VW claims 105 PS, which equates to 103.6 bhp.

Last edited by firstguri : 27th September 2015 at 21:49.
firstguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 21:55   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
I don't think that these presentations are the final ones. Could also be that somebody with inside links made these up or maybe got his hands upon the initial slides. C'mon guys, Fiat has been making very classy brochures for their products. To expect that these are the final revisions would be very absurd.
+1 Bhpians have a very keen eye for details and no mistake (however small it may be) cannot skip their eyes). But I think we are getting carried away over here. Let better sense prevail. All the literature posted couple of messages back seems to be by auto enthusiasts like us. How can we consider that as an official communication from Fiat? We will have to give Fiat some time till the actual car is launched. Till such time it will be only guess work.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 21:58   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
I don't think that these presentations are the final ones.
In that case, they have no business being on public fora. In the quest to be the first to leak info. are the fora doing severe damage to the brand they purport to love?
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 22:39   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
In that case, they have no business being on public fora. In the quest to be the first to leak info. are the fora doing severe damage to the brand they purport to love?
Agree with Autoindian. As an informed group, it is up to us to decide on the authenticity of articles posted online. Unless I see this in the Fiat brochures, I will not believe the online content. Also I do not see it right bashing Fiat just by looking at these unverified slides.
nikhil0405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 22:53   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Is this for abarth? It just looked like a promotional video for Fiat punto I general. With the abarth I would have expected a better reaction from people as well.
The "Who Am I?" campaign has started from about a week back, with the hashtag #WhoAmI on Twitter and Facebook. This first promotional video was made by taking feedback from customers who drove the camouflaged Abarth Punto Evo inside city limits.

BurnYourFuel had caught a camouflaged Abarth with this very tag at a dealership in Karnataka about 6 days back:

RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 23:07   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
I think the reason why they were shared, by whomsoever, was to give out the specs' and maybe the design and not the presentation itself! Since people are eagerly awaiting any info' on the car so anybody else who is as interested, gets his hand on any info' then they will share it. A few posts back I also requested you to keep the leaks coming in. Of course their authenticity will have to be taken with a grain of salt.
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 23:43   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The "Who Am I?" campaign has started from about a week back, with the hashtag #WhoAmI on Twitter and Facebook. This first promotional video was made by taking feedback from customers who drove the camouflaged Abarth Punto Evo inside city limits.

BurnYourFuel had caught a camouflaged Abarth with this very tag at a dealership in Karnataka about 6 days back:

Man, they really need a better agency. In no universe would I expect this to be even remotely related to a high performance vehicle :(
sammyboy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 00:50   #341
BHPian

Man, the latest marketing materials and campaign by Fiat India is downright amateurish. Whats with those posters and the colors? IMO the posters should just have Black, grey, Red and White on them, and nothing else. Pink? Yellow floor? Are you serious, Fiat?

Mean posters and ads are what we want to see. Not flowery ones.
Old 28th September 2015, 10:11   #342
BHPian

Fiat should stick to the design and colours shown to us at launch. The car should look real hot to go with the power and not like a flower vase on wheels .
Old 28th September 2015, 11:32   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Man, they really need a better agency. In no universe would I expect this to be even remotely related to a high performance vehicle :(
This campaign is not about Abarth IMO, looks like is a brand building exercise trying to convey positive sides of their product, coinciding with Abarth launch.
Old 28th September 2015, 11:41   #344
BHPian

Whatever Fiat do is bound to be bashed by many. Don't know why this attitude towards Fiat ?

Guys, please take the information in the message and not the perfection of the presentation.

Please..

Last edited by Vdrive : 28th September 2015 at 11:48.
Vdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 11:57   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
Whatever Fiat do is bound to be bashed by many. Don't know why this attitude towards Fiat ?

Guys, please take the information in the message and not the perfection of the presentation.

Please..
No one is against FIAT. I presently own my second FIAT. That said, a presentation like what has been shared here is just so pathetic. Just because I own and like a FIAT car, that doesn't mean I will turn a blind eye to such a childish effort.

Many here seem to question why there was no fuss when other manufacturer cars called overpriced, but when the same observation is made for a FIAT, all hell breaks loose. Here is why - the others were called overpriced after they were launched, specs released and official prices announced.
PatchyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks