Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 06:19   #376
BHPian

re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
The roof, bonnet and the fog lamp housing gets the additional stickers. The wheel well seems to be low. But it could have been reduced just for the pics too. I hope the stickers on the fog lamp housing does not come out that easy.

The below image is the regular punto. The wheel arches here are a little higher. So the picture is a close to match to reality ! But the back wheel arch seems to be the same in both cars !
Attachment 1421096
Somehow, I am now liking the plain vanilla look of Punto and wish that FIAT had stuck to this for Abarth. I hope the overly done stickers don't shout "look at me" in the traffic.

May be its just me, I don't enjoy people looking at me in the traffic

Eagerly looking forward to see the car in person.
pk_del is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 07:40   #377
Senior - BHPian

It looks awesome. It's like nothing the Indian market has ever seen, and I hope it sells. As and when I get to the point in life where I can afford to run a sub-10 kmpl petrol car costing 10L, I'm definitely getting one.

But I have to ask the spoilsport question on the Petrolhead thread: Wouldn't it have been better all around, if they'd brought in the car with a 1.6 MultiJet option as well?

Yes, it's a sin to put an Abarth badge on an oil burner, but come on, I mean diesels are stealing the show at Le Mans now, and on several racing events, and come with the unique advantage of not burning a hole in your pocket.

Oh, and they should also have offered a lowered suspension, with a more sane ground clearance figure and better looks.

Opinions welcome...

Last edited by vivekgk : 30th September 2015 at 07:42.
vivekgk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 08:45   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Opinions welcome...
I agree that a fast diesel needs to coexist, especially for a car like the Punto that is so well set up on the chassis and suspension front. This is the primary reason why enthusiasts are looking at other options when it comes to a fast diesel powered hatch back. I am not sure about calling it an Abarth diesel though.

What does keep me wondering is, if someone can afford to pay 10lac for a car, how does a Rs. 800 difference matter at all, for fuel. This needs a separate discussion.

If you want a fast hatch back today, there are only a couple of options and they are all diesel. You have only one option for a fast fun petrol. One thing keeps me away from a diesel, the noise. Not that the puny turbo petrol motors sound great. Between the two, I am still for petrol. I get an additional 1500rpm or so and no boom in the cabin when I work the engine. The best sounding diesel I have heard is a 3l BMW straight six and I can't afford one right now.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 30th September 2015 at 08:48.
sandeepmohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 11:08   #379
BHPian

Overdrive has mentioned in its article that Abarth Punto will get leather seats with red stitching. But they have mentioned the source to be Team Fiat Moto Club facebook page.
In the last presentation leak we didn't see anything about seats. Is there any new leak about this or is it just a wrong information from Overdrive? Any members of the club can confirm this?

Quote:
Fiat has also tinkered a little with the interiors and offered aluminium pedals and bright red stitching on the leather seats.
Source
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 18:29   #380
Senior - BHPian

There's a new Fiat tvc featuring the present lineup, including teasers of the Abarth.

Source: http://www.rushlane.com/fiat-india-c...-12165392.html
schakravarthy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 18:48   #381
Senior - BHPian

A good TVC from FIAT for a change. This is the brain child of Piyush Pande and team, Oglivy & Mather.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 19:04   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
A good TVC from FIAT for a change.
Most of the Fiat TVCs are good, me feels. Remember 'Hello Life' and the earlier Punto commercial shot in the dark featuring Yuvi?
The ads are elitist and don't appeal to the masses, that's the sad part. Oh, and did I mention they don't air them as often as they need to??
schakravarthy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 21:20   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Overdrive has mentioned in its article that Abarth Punto will get leather seats with red stitching. But they have mentioned the source to be Team Fiat Moto Club facebook page.
In the last presentation leak we didn't see anything about seats. Is there any new leak about this or is it just a wrong information from Overdrive? Any members of the club can confirm this?
Source
The same source also mentions that Abarth Punto gets electric boot. Not sure how true it is.

Quote:
An electric boot makes it to the list of convenience features in the Abarth Punto.
Old 30th September 2015, 21:29   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
The same source also mentions that Abarth Punto gets electric boot. Not sure how true it is.
Electric boot on a hatchback sounds a bit far fetched. But quite possible. Also, none of the pics so far show leather upholstery.

That said, instead of going by all these unauthenticated speculations, I think we should just wait for the official launch, I guess
Old 30th September 2015, 21:30   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

IAB has a report with pictures clicked by a reader at a showroom. Looks like the launch is close.

Report Link

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-fiatpuntoabarth.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 02:44   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Electric boot on a hatchback sounds a bit far fetched. But quite possible. Also, none of the pics so far show leather upholstery.

That said, instead of going by all these unauthenticated speculations, I think we should just wait for the official launch, I guess

I reckon it can also be embedding the boot open button in the key fob. My 2010 Punto key fob did not have the boot open button !
Old 1st October 2015, 05:58   #387
BHPian

This commercial very much looks and sounds like the good old Safari ad - talking of the "lines" and another one [not getting the theme of it]. Only thing missing is the superior Safari theme music after all the talking is done !

Probably, we can say, this is inspired from that ad.

Good luck Fiat !
Old 1st October 2015, 09:08   #388
Senior - BHPian

I have always mentioned the fact that Punto T-jet was the car I always wanted, but due to lethargic and almost cumbersome FIAT India, I ended up with 'The Then Hot Hatch', 1.6 GT TDI.

Nevertheless, I wanted to book a TD of the Abarth Punto and filled in the form here.

The events unfolded as below:

- Filled in the online form at 10.40 am and I was contacted at 11.11am by Fiat contact center

- Contact center informed me that I would receive a call from a local dealer and in flat 1hr, I was contacted by KHT motors. BRILLIANT !!

- KHT motors SA confirmed that the launch is on 10th October and they are accepting bookings with a token amount of 20k. He was unsure of the actual launch price but hinted at around 10.5lks (ex showroom).

- SA did not push me either for a booking or advance, instead suggested I get a TD first to understand the car .

- Icing on the cake is that SA assured a call back within 2 days of the launch or once the TD cars are available.

The last time I experience such competitive and re-assuring pre-sales was from Hyundai during the launch of Verna (Fluidic) and this made one manufacturer (Honda) re-write their vision of making only high revving petrol cars.

I wish all the best for the Punto T-jet and I can only see a lot of Oomph factor with this launch for FIAT India.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 1st October 2015 at 09:10.
Vik0728 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 09:27   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Electric boot on a hatchback sounds a bit far fetched.
The previous generation of figo (2009) model in india came with electric boot release button. I feel, this is a basic thing and fiat is already running a few years behind in offering it on the punto. Even the key fob had the option to open the boot with a double click. Current gen figo twins have it.
Old 1st October 2015, 16:28   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
The previous generation of figo (2009) model in india came with electric boot release button. I feel, this is a basic thing and fiat is already running a few years behind in offering it on the punto.

If you meant the lever inside the car under the driver's seat or near the foot well to open the boot, yes the Punto had it too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks