Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2017, 07:33   #1951
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehuman View Post
One of the queries that stakeholders have will be on the resale after 5-7 years (say in comparison to S Cross or Brezza). Hence the thought in that direction.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4251309

I think my post from the previous page should clear some of the thoughts that you have. Have had 7 Tatas so far, I haven't been disappointed yet.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 08:15   #1952
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just spotted a convoy of 4 Nexons in Panvel on the old Mumbai-Pune highway. They were going to Mumbai perhaps. 2 of them were blue, while the other 2 were red. I was impressed by the road presence of these cars. The DRLs look swag. Overall, the Nexon is definitely a great looker.
AYP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 12:54   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Guys, just spotted a convoy of 4 Nexons in Panvel on the old Mumbai-Pune highway. They were going to Mumbai perhaps. 2 of them were blue, while the other 2 were red. I was impressed by the road presence of these cars. The DRLs look swag. Overall, the Nexon is definitely a great looker.
These are cars which are allocated to the dealers, judging by this the Test Drives should start soon.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 13:26   #1954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
These are cars which are allocated to the dealers, judging by this the Test Drives should start soon.
Wouldn't vehicles be usually dispatched to dealers by trucks?
Old 16th August 2017, 14:15   #1955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
while the diesel VGT has EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) for improved low-end performance and superior mileage numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
A bit confused by this statement - My understanding is that EGR is primarily an emissions compliance device, and actually reduces performance - care to elaborate here ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4251754
(don't want to go offtopic here)
Hardly any contemporary turbo-diesels generally will be without an EGR. Its for emissions compliance but when I had a malfunctioning turbo after an accident, Concorde motors had incorrectly diagnosed that as an EGR valve failure resulting in performance drop. So perhaps some relation with power / efficiency is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Wouldn't vehicles be usually dispatched to dealers by trucks?
Customer cars would obviously go via trucks. Not sure about dealer show-cars though. Might be cheaper & convenient to simply drive them from Pune to Mumbai instead considering no specific care for customer's car is necessary in this case.

Looks wise the more I see the Nexon, shockingly I'm starting to like the Brezza more. Just the looks. Not talking about the feature list, quality of metal, premium feeling, diesel engine's potential good performance etc at all. Just the looks. If I had a kit of all the stuff, I think I'd build a Brezza with the 1.5L Revotorque and the solid Tata Motors steel build quality.

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th August 2017 at 14:20.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 21:28   #1956
BHPian

Saw an unregistered blue Nexon today evening at Palm beach road, Navi Mumbai. It was an xz+ variant being driven at high speeds and I couldn't keep up with it (despite being at 80kph myself). Funnily a Yellow Vitara Brezza was trying to chase it down in vain. Personally I felt the car looked Smashing. I guess its a display car, so test drives might begin soon.
400notout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 19:58   #1957
Senior - BHPian

When is the TBHP First Look for the Nexon coming out ? Or are we waiting for Tata to provide a review car for the Tigor first before getting to the Nexon ? :P
Old 21st August 2017, 10:22   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
As predicted, the interest in NEXON has already started to wane.

More than 2 days and not a single post in the thread.
I disagree. There was a time that I would read every line posted on TeamBHP on a new car that I was interested in.

Now with better Internet bandwidth and a Chromecast attached to my TV, I have YouTube throwing up video reviews by bloggers and fanboys. I haven't read a single line on the new Octavia and the new Honda Africa Twin bike that caught my fancy, yet I know all there is to know (To sum up . . . no can afford )

@RavenAvi the rise of the video watching auto enthusiast is a definite threat to TeamBHP and I hope you guys are alive to the possibilities for taking TeamBHP in that direction.
Ferruccio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 11:25   #1959
BHPian

Most of The video reviews are good for entertainment, team bhp reviews are damn specific about every aspect of the car. Combination of both works wonders. Also let us not forget, our forums have tons of visiting folks who are not members, but very oftenly read thru the contents.

Mods, do we have any data on how many folks visit the site and how many are members?
Old 21st August 2017, 12:03   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Mods, do we have any data on how many folks visit the site and how many are members?
Here you go!!!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tbhp.jpg

We have ~ 95K members.

This info is available at the bottom of the page once you click forum on the homepage. Page shows currently active petrol heads, both members and guests.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 14:24   #1961
BHPian

Any idea about the launch date and also if TD vehicles are available. Haven't heard from any dealer in hyd who is readily offering TD of Nexon.
Old 21st August 2017, 16:35   #1962
BHPian

Got a call from tata motors on Saturday informing that td of nexon will start from this month end and official launch will happen in September end.
akshat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 16:42   #1963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat View Post
Got a call from tata motors on Saturday informing that td of nexon will start from this month end and official launch will happen in September end.
Thanks! Thats nice. Finally a concrete looking date. So 1 month of sleepless nights for Maruti & Hyundai ahead.
The moment this car that looks unlike anything at all on our roads hits the showrooms, it has the potential to actually pose a serious challenge to not just compact SUVs but also some entry level sedans. It doesn't look like an "SUV" as such by the hard set definitions of "SUV" in our minds. Its a very large coupe/hatchback with high GC. I guess it will see cross shopping from potential compact sedan/hatchback/sedan + Compact SUV segments.

Really wish it rocks the foundations of established marques. I don't want it to play the "Cheap" card at all. It has a lot of other things going for it. Doesn't have to be a cheap car to be the "JIO" catalyst of the automotive sector.
Old 21st August 2017, 17:27   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat View Post
I bet, they are still guess working

Test drives were tenatively 1st-2nd week August and now looking end of August. Infact its been 3 weeks since the media drive, and there hasn't been as much as a mall display schedule or a confirmed launch date yet.

Even if launch is September end, I don't see deliveries happen by Diwali infact it'd be mid-November or more to see first deliveries trickle in (going by how Hexa, Tiago deliveries have gone).

That's too darn slow for a car that had media drives in the last week of July.
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 18:11   #1965
BHPian

Mumbai dealer is saying launch and delivery will happen in sept only. My guess is around dussera. They say they already have placed an order for display car and current status is "in transit". Don't know how long does it take to transport car from pune to mumbai.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks