Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 10:05   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

The Tata Nexon will come with a Harman-developed infotainment unit that will sport a seven-inch floating touchscreen with around eight speakers, according to Prathab Deivanayagham, head of Harman International India.

RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 23:00   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Tata Nexon will come with a Harman-developed infotainment unit that will sport a seven-inch floating touchscreen with around eight speakers, according to Prathab Deivanayagham, head of Harman International India.

For heaven's sake TM, let the car come first. TM always gets its priorities wrong. The need of the hour right now is mini-SUV and they are busy with Hexa, Kite and what not. There is nothing quite like Nexon in market. I think it is the best looking car all the way up to new CRV/Santa Fe, stopping short of this duo.

I wish they replace ceramic white with silver, which is closer to blue than white. The trend is to use mix of light-dark shades of same colour than use contrasting colours.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 09:44   #303
Senior - BHPian

Though I love Tata , and have been a loyal customer in the past , I truly wish they hadnt used the Indica/Vista silhouette for this hatch on stilts. The laypeople will simply think of it as a "raised Vista" , and overlook all the excellent merits of this car.
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 09:55   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Though I love Tata , and have been a loyal customer in the past , I truly wish they hadnt used the Indica/Vista silhouette for this hatch on stilts. The laypeople will simply think of it as a "raised Vista" , and overlook all the excellent merits of this car.
Looks are subjective, but then the Nexon does not look one bit like the Vista IMO. It may have a 'Impact' DNA in terms of looks which is as per the new design language started off by the Tiago which is normal for any automaker these days.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:01   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.. , I truly wish they hadnt used the Indica/Vista silhouette for this hatch on stilts. The laypeople will simply think of it as a "raised Vista" , ..
Sajo, We cant really say that. Cars will have similarities on the outside, but dont need to be same inside. And cars that are same inside, dont need to be same outside.

eg:
Aria & Storme - see similarities. Or do you only see the difference in Body style ?
Storme & Safari - see the change - silhouette same, but different animals

The Maruti Family of cars. Here, I dont know which one to take out

Duster vs Logan.

End of the day, the car that we know of today has a bonnet, the cabin - may be a boot, and four wheels. With our Govt'/ CMVR regulations, the cars also mostly about 4 m long.

We can keep stretching our thoughts, like the crease lines on a car, and end up trying to show similarities everywhere. But it is not always like that. However, I echo your point, but for the Vista and the Zest / Bolt. That similarity is what seems to contribute, at least to some extent, for the lesser than expected sales.

Last edited by condor : 20th June 2016 at 10:04.
condor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:41   #306
Senior - BHPian

On a personal level, yes, I agree 100% with what you guys say. I am just saying it would have helped if something as groundbreaking as the Nexon was styled perhaps like a Mini-Hexa instead of what it currently is.

PS: Potential Nexon customer too!
sajo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 11:22   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a personal level, yes, I agree 100% with what you guys say. I am just saying it would have helped if something as groundbreaking as the Nexon was styled perhaps like a Mini-Hexa instead of what it currently is.

PS: Potential Nexon customer too!
As another potential Nexon customer, I have to say I love the styling. Mini Hexa simply would not look proportionate in this size. Right now it has a rounded pebble-ish look but retains certain butch and detailed elements. Again, personal opinion only
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 18:12   #308
BANNED

Is TATA waiting for IGNIS to get launched and run away with success ?
I do agree that IGNIS is not from the segment of NEXON.
But, mass market ignores the segments and may run away for the brand and resale values, just like Celerio & Wagon R outsells Tiago.

Last edited by Doylthippo : 21st June 2016 at 18:22.
Doylthippo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 18:58   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylthippo View Post
Is TATA waiting for IGNIS to get launched and run away with success ?
I do agree that IGNIS is not from the segment of NEXON.
But, mass market ignores the segments and may run away for the brand and resale values, just like Celerio & Wagon R outsells Tiago.
Maruti's network is far wider than Tata, and hence any car Tata makes, all the average cars from Maruti stable will outsell them. So, you can never consider sales numbers in comparison with Maruti and judge a car's success.
To drive home what I mean, consider the market dud S-Cross from Maruti - it sells more than 2K every month, which is more than the top-seller from Tata's stable - Zest!
Renault's runaway success Kwid, and a heavy contender for top spot in entry car segment, sold 5K last month, when Alto sold four times that!

IMHO, still many people prefer cleaner designs than the plastic-clad versions of the same. To me, Nexon is a re-designed Bolt. The model that was displayed at the Auto Expo was indeed eye-pleasing, but we should consider that it would be top variant and the lower variants would probably be something like what was Etios Cross for Etios.

Like someone said above, Tata should give preference to this, and take the share from the sales chart now, rather than wait till the crossover trend moves out (Already the CS trend seems to be giving in, in favour of premium hatchbacks)
hybridpetrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 22:56   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
To drive home what I mean, consider the market dud S-Cross from Maruti - it sells more than 2K every month, which is more than the top-seller from Tata's stable - Zest!
Absolutely right. Although for how capable the car is, the S-Cross is unfortunately a sales flop.

Quote:
IMHO, still many people prefer cleaner designs than the plastic-clad versions of the same. To me, Nexon is a re-designed Bolt. The model that was displayed at the Auto Expo was indeed eye-pleasing, but we should consider that it would be top variant and the lower variants would probably be something like what was Etios Cross for Etios.
That literally makes no sense. The car is an entirely different shape. Just because it is small, does not mean that it will look exactly like a Bolt with cladding. It definitely does not mean that the top variant will look like an entirely different car yet lower variants will look like Bolt.

Quote:
....rather than wait till the crossover trend moves out (Already the CS trend seems to be giving in, in favour of premium hatchbacks)
Really? What makes you think so? The fact is crossovers serve a practical as well as aspirational purpose that is hard to beat. It is not just a trend it is proving to be the most popular body-shape. From the Vitara Brezza to the Creta to the GLA to the GLC to the Tesla Model X, crossovers show no signs of fading from the market.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:26   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To me, Nexon is a re-designed Bolt.
Have you seen Nexon in metal? I have, in Delhi during Auto Expo. And I can assure you it looks nothing like a Bolt. Ok, you may see the design DNA of Tata cars a bit at front end. But not much. But then every car has it. Fluidic Elantra looks like a big Verna and Sonata like a big Elantra. What do you say to that? Ditto with Q3, Q5 and Q7 from front.

I was blown by visual appeal of Nexon I saw during Expo. It's sleek, curvy, butch and tall; all at the same time, yet being a sub 4-metre. It's not easy to achieve all this under 4 -metre. It's tall yet it masks its height unlike TUV300 whose height sticks out a bit too much in relation to its length. I'm very eagerly waiting for this car as I need a city runabout mini-SUV with diesel and AT combo. Hope Tata doesn't disappoint. But yes, I did not like this particular blue shade. Dark metallic blue would be better. So would be dark metallic Green, I guess.
pgsagar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:37   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
But yes, I did not like this particular blue shade. Dark metallic blue would be better. So would be dark metallic Green, I guess.
I personally loved the Blue. I have a soft spot for anything in blue though I don't really like most dark colours on small cars but I agree with you that a dark metallic Green would look lovely. Alas the market simply does not prefer dark green cars. However now that Tata has access to Jaguar's British racing green and a host of other green shades that Jags look oh-so-classy in, I really do hope they offer the car in some form of it
Old 6th July 2016, 20:00   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Looks great! Deserve a better automatic than a simple AMT IMO.

Whats it about the rear seat? Is it just a 4 seater? The middle portion seems to be shorter, maybe can be used for kids only? Otherwise the seats look comfortable!
I agree. Given that an AMT is good, I'd personally like to see a "true" AT instead of an AMT in the Nexon.

I'm relatively new to the automatic world, but I believe that the jerkiness found in AMT's (like the Duster AMT) is something which is not present - or at least a lot smoother - in "true" AT's. People who have more experience in AT's can help me here

I, for one, wouldn't mind shelling out a slight premium for this feature in the Nexon which is in my sights for my next car in 2017.
Old 6th July 2016, 20:13   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Have you seen Nexon in metal? I have, in Delhi during Auto Expo. And I can assure you it looks nothing like a Bolt. Ok, you may see the design DNA of Tata cars a bit at front end. But not much. But then every car has it. Fluidic Elantra looks like a big Verna and Sonata like a big Elantra. What do you say to that? Ditto with Q3, Q5 and Q7 from front.

I was blown by visual appeal of Nexon I saw during Expo. It's sleek, curvy, butch and tall; all at the same time, yet being a sub 4-metre. It's not easy to achieve all this under 4 -metre. It's tall yet it masks its height unlike TUV300 whose height sticks out a bit too much in relation to its length. I'm very eagerly waiting for this car as I need a city runabout mini-SUV with diesel and AT combo. Hope Tata doesn't disappoint. But yes, I did not like this particular blue shade. Dark metallic blue would be better. So would be dark metallic Green, I guess.
Ignore naysayers... regarding the colors I hope and pray that Tata brings back the original Arizona Blue (midnight blue like BMW), the deep rich green and dark maroon shades they had in the first Safari, these would look fantastic with a floating white roof....
Old 7th July 2016, 00:06   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_hornet View Post
I agree. Given that an AMT is good, I'd personally like to see a "true" AT instead of an AMT in the Nexon.

I, for one, wouldn't mind shelling out a slight premium for this feature in the Nexon which is in my sights for my next car in 2017.
The AMT adds just about 30k to the cost of the car. A "true" AT would cost close to a lakh for a torque converter unit mainly because Tata would have to source it from somewhere like Mahindra has for the XUV.

Just to get a perspective, how slight were you expecting the premium to be?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks