Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2016, 11:35   #421
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
If Ecosport, Duster & many other ~10L cars can come in AT version, why not Nexon?
I don't see why Nexon would not come with AT. At least AMT is something that can always be integrated considering Zest already has one. As for traditional torque converter, I highly doubt that since it will add up considerable cost.
Old 23rd October 2016, 01:49   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It's not as simple as what you say! The entire assembly line needs to be prepared to achieve something of this sort. Then there is an inventory that needs to be added / tracked. It can be a logistics nightmare.
If the assembly line is flexible enough, why should it not be. I am not talking customisation here. These companies are making a bunch of trims already, it is just making sure all drivetrain options are available on all trims. For example, they are already providing diesel and petrol options on all trim levels (XE, XM, XT, XZ) for Tiago plus they are mating one of these trims with an AT. How much more difficult would it be to mate all trims with the AT gearbox. It would lead to economies of scale and probably reduce per unit prices of the AT option. How many times we have see members of this forum complain about Hyundai not providing AT in their SX(O) trim but in the SX trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Adding AT & AWD to the base trim will easily take Nexon (in this case) to an additional 2-2.5L compared to, say an Ecosport base version. Now, for someone who doesn't want an AWD / AT, will they buy Nexon or another product which costs substantially less?
And why would this happen. I genuinely want to know. I dont come from an automotive manufacturing background, though I have an engineering background. The cost of a transmission is the cost of a transmission and should not vary based on the trim of the vehicle. I have spent a number of years in the US and till sometime back, AT/MT was always an option on each and every model/trim usually for about $1000. This was very common around the mid 2000s when 4 speed and 5 speed ATs were common and there was a MPG penalty with AT. Gradually with higher geared ATs (6,7,8 and now 9 speed) and efficient DSGs (technically not an AT) taking over, manual transmission options are a disappearing lot, but the point remains.

What we also have to understand that there is a difference between cost to manufacturer and what they charge the customer. The Renault K9K engine which does duty in Pulse/Micra all the way up to the Fluence makes anywhere from 64 to 110 bhp. And it probably costs Renault maybe a 1000 rupee spread between the two versions. Reading some comments on this forum, it would appear that if the 110 bhp version were offered on the Micra, its price would compulsorily need to be increased by several lakhs else Nissan will go in deep red. I doubt if the cost of the 1.3 Multijet vs the 1.6 Multijet is significantly different to Fiat, maybe a couple of thousand rupees.

Without digressing further, my entire point was that Tata needs to have an USP to sell their vehicles and what better than to offer the customer a choice. It might be a bit hard to implement but who said life was meant to be easy. It is certainly better than not selling at all.
Asifgrkhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 15:02   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata's Compact/SUV now seen in Pune.

Very late to join the fray it is still not clear when it will launch. Maybe scheduled for the 2017 festive season?

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspypics01.jpg

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th October 2016 at 15:03.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 19:13   #424
BHPian

Hi all. I am one among those who are having sleepless nights waiting for the launch of Nexon. As from the replies I got from Tata Nexon official Facebook page, I was told that it's just few months and can count down now. They also shared that the wait will surely worth it. I have asked few more details / information which they have not shared yet and of-course I have promised that I will keep it highly confidential if they share it I was about to book Brezza zdi+ last month and backed it out due to the confusion of whether to wait for Nexon or not. Then was about to book Ameo TDI DSG which blew me away in everything except for the cramped rear space and the low ground clearance.

Had 2 seriously sleepless nights last 2 days on what to do. Whether to go with Ameo TDI DSG with compromise or wait for Nexon and then take a call. Tomorrow morning I was about to book Ameo but due to my double mind, took a decision today and called them up and informed that I have dropped my plan for Ameo . Now made my mind clear to wait for Nexon launch. After checking Nexon, I'll take a call on whether to go Brezza ZDI+ or Ameo TDI DSG or Nexon.

My 2 cents on the Nexon. Now that we are much confident on the engine specs for diesel as 1.5 L, 108 or 110 BHP and 260 Nm, and considering the Nexon's designer's speech on media as well as media's speech on the auto expo, I guess this will surely be a game changer like how Brezza changed the Ecosport's life. If well priced (say for the Top variant diesel with AMT to be not more than 11.5L - 12L onroad price - Just my thought), it will surely take Tata Motors to new heights. It will surely add to the increasing Tata Motors' popularity. Fingers crossed.

+

What I love the most apart from everything is the lovely chunky Drive Mode Select Rotor and the Floating screen infotainment which I hear would be a 6 or 8 speaker Harman system.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2016 at 19:33. Reason: Posts merged. Additional smiley deleted, Typos.
Old 25th October 2016, 19:21   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Hi all. I am one among those who are having sleepless nights waiting for the launch of Nexon. As from the replies I got from Tata Nexon official facebook page, I was told that it's just few months and can count down now...
To keep it realistic, I suggest to think of a Oct 2017 launch for Nexon. I believe the next launch from TATA motors should be the Kite 5 sedan in Mar 2017 and Nexon to follow that in the second launch cycle.

Edit:: I'd still think of the 4 speaker system from HK (available in the Zest) than a 8 speaker system. Am not sure on the game changer part too; TATA is way too far for something like that to happen.

The real game changer (with SUV looks) could be the Ignis, especially if it comes with the AWD. A floating screen will be the first in segment (and under 10L price bracket) and will take the crown from Nexon even before it launches.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th October 2016 at 19:25. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
Old 25th October 2016, 21:27   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata's Nexon now caught on Video! Looks more like a hatch than a Compact/UV.

Source-Oncars

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th October 2016 at 21:35.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 23:15   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
+1. It felt a tad smaller than the Ecosport, but it could be an illusion due to the camouflage.

I replayed multiple times and heard the sound of the second Nexon pass by. The sound very much resembles the Fiat Multijet engine, or is it just me?
Old 25th October 2016, 23:32   #428
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, I felt the same the day it was unveiled at Auto Expo. It simply won't stand a chance in front of the butch looking Ecosport or even the Brezza. I was disappointed that someone like Tata who specializes in UVs could come up with an underwhelming design like that. Kept it to myself to avoid getting pounced on by Tata fanboys, especially considering the elated mood most were in. Well here I am anyway

PS The presence of Ecosport in the same video makes my feelings about Nexon's design much stronger :(

Last edited by theredliner : 25th October 2016 at 23:41.
Old 29th October 2016, 01:57   #429
BHPian

Saw a camouflaged Nexon today on Ghodbunder Road, Thane. I followed it for some distance, observed that the size is tad bigger than the i20. The vehicle was a diesel one as the diesel clatter was clearly audible. Overall in real, it looks a much better vehicle and definitely had some presence. I was riding a bike, so could not click any pictures.
motoholic31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 11:52   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata's Compact /UV Nexon spied again.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonsunburstyellorearthreequartersspyshot.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th November 2016 at 11:56.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 14:41   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Tata's Compact /UV Nexon spied again.
As someone mentioned earlier, it looks more like a hatchback than a Mini SUV.
The car was dwarfed by the ecosport which followed, in the video.

But that may not hamper the sales, if things go well.
Old 17th November 2016, 10:37   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
+1. It felt a tad smaller than the Ecosport, but it could be an illusion due to the camouflage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
IMHO, I felt the same the day it was unveiled at Auto Expo. It simply won't stand a chance in front of the butch looking Ecosport or even the Brezza. I was disappointed that someone like Tata who specializes in UVs could come up with an underwhelming design like that. :(
I think it looks smaller because it has a bit of a coupe styling while the Eco sport has traditional SUV styling elements.
As one of the reviewers said during the auto expo: when you are late to arrive, the best way to grab attention is by looking totally different.
I believe Tata tried to do exactly that: Make it look different from any of the existing compact SUV's.
Whether this succeeds or not, only time will tell but you cant blame Tata for not trying.
Enobarbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 11:27   #433
BHPian

I am now eagerly waiting for the Nexon to be my next car. I had booked the Baleno earlier, and although it had a long waiting period, all the time after the auto expo, all I could think of was what if the Nexon is launched and is irresistable. I had all kinds of permutations going on in my mind about how would I then manage to get the Baleno after the Nexon.

As luck would have it, just as I got a call that the car had been allocated to me, I had to move to another city temporarily for a project. I told them I would hold on to the booking and then consider the RS upon my return.

Now after some time has passed, I am like falling out of love with the Baleno and falling in love with the Nexon.

My driving requirements will also change most probably after I return, hence will look for a diesel car. And having already owned an Aria for the last 5 years with nearly 1.25 lakh on the odo, I am pretty well versed with the Tata service to not be worried about that aspect of things.

So the stars seem to be falling in place, now just waiting for Tata to launch it soon.

Anyone having any ideas about its launch? Expected mid 2017?

Last edited by akhil994 : 18th November 2016 at 11:28.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 15:06   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
May be its not an SUV but a premium hatch back, the Nexon !
I am not an expert on these things, but it looks like car makers across the world are breaking new ground in SUV design. The picture below is Lamborghini's new SUV, the URUS

This is not to say that the Nexon is as good looking as the Urus, but just that the styling of these two SUV's is not exactly "traditional". Urus is probably large enough and powerful enough to pull it off. we have to wait and see if the much smaller Nexon would be accepted as a cross over.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2017lamborghiniurusnci7.jpg  

Enobarbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 10:56   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

A Nexon test mule has been caught on camera at night by an IAB reader, revealing the glow pattern of the tail lamp sections.

Quote:
In the spyshot, the Nexon’s taillamps have a U-shaped position strips powered by LEDs, while the stop lights are regular bulbs located in triangular sections of the taillamp. The lamps for lighting the registration plate area also seem to be powered by LEDs. Connecting the taillamps is a color-painted panel that contrasts with the exterior color in top-end variants.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexontaillampglowpattern.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks