Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 19:28   #346
BHPian

Guys any updates in this car? No birdies of Tata on our forum to drop a few news here n there?
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 00:47   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Guys any updates in this car? No birdies of Tata on our forum to drop a few news here n there?
It's on course for a Q1-2017 launch.

From what I heard last, the 1.5L oil burners are undergoing extensive testing before their debut.

50 Head Units (sporting 3.5 inch displays) for the mid variant of the Nexon have been exported to China recently for further testing.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-untitled.gif

The Kite5 is the next big launch from Tata, followed by the Hexa, then the Nexon and the Nano Pelican.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 05:58   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It's on course for a Q1-2017 launch.

From what I heard last, the 1.5L oil burners are undergoing extensive testing before their debut.

50 Head Units (sporting 3.5 inch displays) for the mid variant of the Nexon have been exported to China recently for further testing.

Attachment 1543883

The Kite5 is the next big launch from Tata, followed by the Hexa, then the Nexon and the Nano Pelican.
So do we get to see the Kite and Hexa this calender year? Festive season maybe?
Old 20th August 2016, 10:07   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So do we get to see the Kite and Hexa this calender year? Festive season maybe?
Off-Topic:

Kite5 - next month. Sway might be the final chosen name.
Hexa - car is completely production-ready for quite some time now. Maybe Diwali.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 08:42   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Even if the Nexon is truly pathbreaking and offers features never before offered in the segment (like the Zest did), .... but in the end, all of them will include this death knell points or similar ones ...

Best of all, even if the Tata Nexon comes out better on looks, performance, space, comfort and features, somehow, the Brezza will mysteriously emerge as "the more rounded package"
Couldnt have put it better !! The Nay-sayers are everywhere. People need to think independently, instead of displaying a herd-mentality. The din an cacophony caused by the pre-conceived notions of mostly non-owners are drowning out the beauty of the new Tata products.
condor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 07:12   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Recent Tata products received wonderful reviews from everyone, including Tbhp here, but in the end, all of them will include this death knell points or similar ones:

• Concerns over long-term reliability & durability. Previous Tata cars haven't fared well in this area.
• Tata's sub-par after-sales service quality is far from that of Maruti, Hyundai and Honda

Yup, this is from our Tbhp's own Tata Zest review. Even though two years have passed since the launch of the Zest, and the vehicle itself has proven reliable and the service has improved, the review remains the same as it was in 2014. It has not incorporated the good experiences and reliable performance reported by Zest owners on the Forum, or the updates to the car. A newbie looking through the official review will most likely conclude that the Zest is still an unproven vehicle, though in reality it is one of the best vehicles, in the segment, if not the best overall.

Best of all, even if the Tata Nexon comes out better on looks, performance, space, comfort and features, somehow, the Brezza will mysteriously emerge as "the more rounded package"
Absolutely well said. Even at the time of the then Zica review TBHP had the same end notes. Only after a few owners/members raised their displeasure, were the wordings replaced to

• Concerns over long-term reliability, more so of the freshly developed engines
• Tata's after-sales experience remains a gamble. Service quality is far from that of Maruti & Hyundai.

As long as even TBHP shows this end note repeatedly on all reviews, Tata can't even sell salt to the general public. At service intervals of 10000 kms, more than half the buying public don't visit service centers more than twice a year. But they can't put up with a little inconvenience or delay. I don't understand why Maruti is treated as the daughter and Tata as the daughter in-law (pun intended).
discoverwild is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:50   #352
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support - Please do NOT make baseless, demeaning accusations on Team-BHP. THINK before you type.

Last edited by GTO : 24th August 2016 at 09:52.
power ranger is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:39   #353
Team-BHP Support

@ power ranger

Not the right person to answer. However, here's my experience of having had the opportunity to attend and present one review on behalf of Team Bhp.

The guidelines I got where - 1. Not to accept any gifts offered, 2. Try to experience the product as much as possible before forming opinions and 3. Try to click as many pictures as possible, even if it's not possible to get to a good location for a photoshoot. Zero interference afterwards. Don't think it gets any more unbiased than that.

Coming to the topic of TATA, some titles have to be earned the hard way, specially when there were major issues with earlier products like Aria. Tiago is the first step in the right direction, so we should see more confidence in the reviewers now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
• Tata's after-sales experience remains a gamble. Service quality is far from that of Maruti & Hyundai.
I personally had the worst ever service experience and one of the best service experiences both in a TATA showroom. I think it's still a gamble, worth taking only if the product is as brilliant as the Tiago. Looking forward to the Nexon as it looks even more promising.

Last edited by GTO : 24th August 2016 at 09:53. Reason: Quoted post deleted
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 15:23   #354
BHPian

OT I partially agree with what has been said in the earlier posts. There is a reason why people rate Maruti better. The showroom experience is uniform across all cities mostly in Maruti. The customers are treated like a king. When I moved from hyderabad to bangalore, I had to escalate to the highest level in Tata motors because none of the showrooms responded. Whereas with maruti I get regular follow ups. Eventually I bought the Nano because of the value for money it offered. Tata has done the right thing with Tiago. It needs to go a long way to change the customers mindset.

Coming back to the topic, I am looking to change my year old Nano for an upgrade. Should I wait for kite or new on? I am in no hurry to buy
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:28   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

@ power ranger

Little Off Topic, but the below thread should be an eye opener as to how media drives work.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ives-work.html

I doubt if any of the major publications accept 'payment' for a biased review. What I feel can happen is that the manufacturers/agencies sweeten the deal by giving out gifts to the reviewers. So anyone accepting those may be obliged to put up a review biased to some extent.

As mentioned by Crazy Driver and also indicated in the thread above, Team-Bhp has a strict policy against this. So there is no reason for any review to be biased.

In addition, again as mentioned in the thread, Team Bhp does not do long term reviews simply because members who own the car can provide much better long term insights. A potential buyer who visits Team Bhp will definitely look for that.

Lastly, I don't think there is any preferential treatment for Maruti. I maybe wrong here, but I believe there was a period when Maruti did not invite Team Bhp for media drives because the reviews were not 'favorable' enough. ( Celerio drive is an example as I recollect. It was fine with a member car).

Coming back to topic , I think Tiago is turning around Tata's fortunes and hopefully this will reflect in the nexon also.

Last edited by GTO : 24th August 2016 at 09:54. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 18:40   #356
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Little Off Topic, but the below thread should be an eye opener as to how media drives work.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ives-work.html

I doubt if any of the major publications accept 'payment' for a biased review. What I feel can happen is that the manufacturers/agencies sweeten the deal by giving out gifts to the reviewers. So anyone accepting those may be obliged to put up a review biased to some extent.
@ power ranger

No question of this on TBHP as TBHP does not accept advertising from Automobile companies. Magazines are bribed by being offered Advertising deals for brands that they review well.

Last edited by GTO : 24th August 2016 at 09:54. Reason: Quoted post deleted
ACM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 20:45   #357
Senior - BHPian

@ power ranger

I never said Team BHP reviews are biased. I said the concluding statements are a real downer, though experience says otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I personally had the worst ever service experience and one of the best service experiences both in a TATA showroom. I think it's still a gamble, worth taking only if the product is as brilliant as the Tiago. Looking forward to the Nexon as it looks even more promising.
I have had vehicles from most manufacturers, the most bring from Maruti and Tata. I have stuck to VFM offerings always as we are high mileage runners in the family. The highest recurring problem I have faced with absolutely pathetic levels of service was from Ford (Ikon 1.6 with a host of issues), followed by Hyundai (Santro silencer replaced three times in 87000 kms). The worst sales experience was with Tafe Access and TVS Honda recently for a friend. It's been 4.5 years since I bought my last car, the Vista, going strong at 94000 kms. Each of my Tatas had done a minimum of 1.5L kms. Sierra, Sumo, Indica, Indigo Marina and partial use of a Safari and Nano.

So I do believe it's a question of how we approach a dealer and support staff. I never try to expect anyone to treat me like a king. I expect the job to be done as I need it done and give them the leverage of time, when required.

Last edited by GTO : 24th August 2016 at 09:55. Reason: Quoted post deleted
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:12   #358
BHPian

I think the discussion is moving more off topic. Shall we move come back to the Nexon?

I don't see posts related to recent spotting of Nexon test mules. Any insider information about testing in progress or has it been halted to prioritize Hexa and Kite Sedan?

I for one has postponed my upgrade decision till I see Nexon in showrooms sometime in FY17. I held of the temptation to upgrade to S Cross 1.6 early this year.
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:53   #359
BHPian

This looks more like an indica on steroids. Some how I feel cars designed in India lack proportion in someway or the other. What Tata should focus on is improving tve grandaddy safari. Or bring different versions of it. And if the concept looks bad imagine what the actual one would look like.
Old 24th August 2016, 09:55   #360
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Let's discuss only the Nexon guys. We have many other threads to discuss Tata's after-sales & reliability. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks