Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 17:00   #256
BANNED

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Is it not possible for TATA to go for a re-branding ? Why can't they re-enter the market as a complete new brand, from TATA motors. When they worried so much about renaming the ZICA, why can't they think about a new brand name. I expect, a new logo and a new brand name has chances of changing the fate of TATA.
I don't want to offend anyone, but i do not like to see that old TATA logo on this vehicle.
It is just my opinion. If you ask me, whether you need a great car or great looking logo, i will reply 'BOTH'.
Old 1st June 2016, 20:43   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylthippo View Post
Is it not possible for TATA to go for a re-branding ? Why can't they re-enter the market as a complete new brand, from TATA motors. When they worried so much about renaming the ZICA, why can't they think about a new brand name. I expect, a new logo and a new brand name has chances of changing the fate of TATA.
I don't want to offend anyone, but i do not like to see that old TATA logo on this vehicle.
It is just my opinion. If you ask me, whether you need a great car or great looking logo, i will reply 'BOTH'.
Well, along with a rebranding, Tata should also split their commercial car and passenger car sales into two different divisions. Let the commercial operations continue to use the Tata moniker and give a new brand to the passenger ops. The two brands should not share anything in common, most specifically on the sales and service departments. This idea is not something new - it's been suggested countless times on this forum and others. Yet, Tata does not seem to listen.

This is the only way that Tata would be able to salvage their dying car business in India.
y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 21:14   #258
BHPian

Creating a new brand division may involve a lot of other things to be considered so it's on the manufacturer whether they want to adapt something like that or not! A Change in Logo though is definitely needed, I have heard a lot of consumers saying "Tata has started making great cars! but the current logo is huge turnoff, same thing on commercial vehicles" to differentiate and give the consumer a much premium feel it's needed. They need to change the consumer perspective, people still haven't gained that trust which the company needs. A lot of previous customers have experienced such poor service that they are not willing to spend a single penny on the brand now. They should start promoting their service and offer other benefits to consumers in order to gain back that trust for e.g Nexa! The initiative of service at home is such a wonderful step taken by the manufacturer, these petty moves improves a customer's faith towards the brand and right now it's the need of the hour. It is extremely disappointing to see such poor sales figure even after having a pretty good line up.
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 21:38   #259
BHPian

Well, Tata needs to go the NEXA way. There has to be a differentiation otherwise people will not be interested.
I give my Vista for service and honestly the service center is full of taxi drivers and the likes of drivers. The service centers are dirty and provide no facilities for children. The people there stare as if I am from a different planet. There needs to be a differentiation in terms of service then that will attract buyers.

Just my humble opinion.
bigben is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 22:03   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
......but the current logo is huge turnoff, same thing on commercial vehicles" to differentiate and give the consumer......
Mercedes and Volvo cars and trucks share same logo. No one is put off by that. The problem lies not in logo but past track record of TM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
.........and honestly the service center is full of taxi drivers and the likes of drivers.
Same with Innova too. I see more Innova taxis than Indica. Are you also put off by Innova? These are not issues. It's all because of their initial quality glitches. They have improved but our Indian mindset is extremely conservative and we stick to proven.
pgsagar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 22:21   #261
Senior - BHPian

Unlike Maruti, Tata seems to be approaching this from a different angle. With the imminent launch of the pelican, nexon, hexa, kite and already existing Tiago, it looks like Tata is repositioning their entire line-up of cars instead of offering one or two premium feeling cars and creating separate showrooms for them, and that should be more than enough to change the brand's image. Kind of like what Hyundai did beginning with the Verna and i20
Old 1st June 2016, 23:23   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Mercedes and Volvo cars and trucks share same logo. No one is put off by that. The problem lies not in logo but past track record of TM.

Same with Innova too. I see more Innova taxis than Indica. Are you also put off by Innova? These are not issues. It's all because of their initial quality glitches. They have improved but our Indian mindset is extremely conservative and we stick to proven.
Absolutely not Sagar. Don't get me wrong...I love my car. I don't care if it a taxi and in fact today I see all brands as taxi....I have had no issues with my car in spite of it being a 2009 model.
However, all that I feel is that as a brand they need to have a differentiated service/ experience for passenger cars. I dropped my car off for service yesterday and the place is dirty, all men, some of them sprawled out on the sofa sleeping.
My point over here being that this is definitely not a place I can bring my family to. If I have to pick up my car and my family is with me I will probably drop them off in a nearby mall and then go pick up my car. it is all about the experience and that's something which needs to improve. Thats my point. They have great products and designs.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 08:22   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Absolutely not Sagar. Don't get me wrong...I love my car. I don't care if it a taxi and in fact today I see all brands as taxi....I have had no issues with my car in spite of it being a 2009 model.
However, all that I feel is that as a brand they need to have a differentiated service/ experience for passenger cars. I dropped my car off for service yesterday and the place is dirty, all men, some of them sprawled out on the sofa sleeping.
My point over here being that this is definitely not a place I can bring my family to. If I have to pick up my car and my family is with me I will probably drop them off in a nearby mall and then go pick up my car. it is all about the experience and that's something which needs to improve. Thats my point. They have great products and designs.
I am a little confused. Are you upset with the product, service or that service centers cater to commercial vehicles as well? I am not sure that I want to take my family to service even say a Jag or an Audi. Service centers are for service and repairs, not malls for entertainment. If it provides me with good service I am happy.
apachelongbow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:56   #264
Senior - BHPian

Guess, the guys at TATA got their inspiration for the Nexon from the Renault Kaptur, or, is it the other way round

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonconceptautoexpo201631024x768.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20160601054000_kaptxx.jpg

Last edited by SnS_12 : 2nd June 2016 at 12:02.
SnS_12 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 04:27   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Guess, the guys at TATA got their inspiration for the Nexon from the Renault Kaptur, or, is it the other way round
I think its pure JLR involvement here! I can see the Evoque here.
The Kaptur/Captur is more recent.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th June 2016 at 22:01. Reason: Fixing broken quotes.
Old 6th June 2016, 11:14   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Which petrol motor is TML planning to use for this? Seriously hope it's not the Tiago one.
Old 6th June 2016, 11:52   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
First look review of the Tata Nexon, courtesy ACI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Which petrol motor is TML planning to use for this? Seriously hope it's not the Tiago one.
You'll find this just a few pages back on this thread. 1.5 diesel based on the Tiago diesel and a 1.2 turbo based on the Tiago petrol, both reported to have healthy power output figures.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:47   #268
BHPian

Nexon will have AMT option according to Motor Octane
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonwithamt1620x366.jpg  

basubhatta is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 15:14   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basubhatta View Post
Nexon will have AMT option according to Motor Octane
indeed! Mini-SUV+diesel+AMT under 10L barrier (hopefully). What else does one want? Bring it on Tata. Why 2017? Why not this Deepawali?
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 16:49   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
The Renault Kaptur concept has been around from 2011, and went on sale in Europe from 2013, and later in other parts of the world. Nexon was first showcased only n 2016 Auto Expo. So, obviously it can't be the other way around. There are a few Tata touches, such as the smiley grill & headlights similar as the Bolt/Zest, but apart from that there are some resemblances to Kaptur here.
Let us believe that the car comes together as a neat package with good interiors. Tata has been working on this one for a long time, and let us see how it comes out, when it is out. And Tata, please do not postpone this one until there is no demand for crossover!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks