Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2016, 10:00   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I think the discussion is moving more off topic. Shall we move come back to the Nexon?

I don't see posts related to recent spotting of Nexon test mules. Any insider information about testing in progress or has it been halted to prioritize Hexa and Kite Sedan?

I for one has postponed my upgrade decision till I see Nexon in showrooms sometime in FY17. I held of the temptation to upgrade to S Cross 1.6 early this year.
The testing of Nexon would not stop for the launch of Hexa or Kite Sedan. Different departments will be working on it and the testing will be on in parallel.

Hope the HEXA launches soon.
Old 29th August 2016, 11:00   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Production version of the Nexon has been spotted on a testing run in Maharashtra by a Carwale reader.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexon79289.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexon79290.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 12:45   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Production version of the Nexon has been spotted on a testing run in Maharashtra by a Carwale reader.
Wow ! Another unique looking tail gate on the Indian roads.

I always get confused with the tail area of Tiago with that of the new Figo and sometimes to that of the Grand i10 from long angles.

Bless this with some good unique LED brake lamps.
Old 30th August 2016, 09:37   #364
BHPian

Quote:

Looks like TML is continuing with the 3 - tone color scheme, which is seen on concept car at Auto Expo.
It won't matter much when the base body color is of lighter shade but with darker body shade like blue (showed at Auto Expo) it looks ugly to me.
Old 30th August 2016, 10:26   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Looks like TML is continuing with the 3 - tone color scheme, which is seen on concept car at Auto Expo.
It won't matter much when the base body color is of lighter shade but with darker body shade like blue (showed at Auto Expo) it looks ugly to me.
From what I read, it can be customized at the dealer end. The Brezza also sports such a theme and that has been one of its USPs. I believe it will be an USP for the Nexon as it does suit the quirky design.
Old 30th August 2016, 11:02   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
IMO - TATA has to give the cosmetic bits (Dual tone roof, alloy wheels, ceramic inserts etc) standard on every version of the Nexon, more like what Hyundai did with the i20 Active, or Honda with the BRV.

Take out the alloy wheels and the dual tone roof design - you are left with nothing but a regular hatchback design - much like the Bolt to a common man, although there are obvious design differences. These two elements give it that crossover look IMO, and it would be a blunder it equip only top end variants with these features.

Attachment 1525457

Attachment 1525458
Is it only me or this Nexon looks exactly like the Mahindra KUV100. I saw the KUV100 up close for the 1st time yesterday while stuck in traffic in Chanakyapuri.
Old 30th August 2016, 11:16   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijit.gangwar View Post
Is it only me or this Nexon looks exactly like the Mahindra KUV100. I saw the KUV100 up close for the 1st time yesterday while stuck in traffic in Chanakyapuri.
I think it's only you.
(just kidding)

But seriously, no one's mentioned something like that so far.
Resemblance to KUV100.
Not at all.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:02   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijit.gangwar View Post
Not at all. Looks are subjective, but design language is a pretty understandable factor.

The design Nexon seems very very proportionate. The interior fit & finish is going to be brilliant like Tiago has.

KUV100 (to me) looks like a mini hatch on steroids with bad side effects. The interiors (fit & finish and plastic quality) aren't well finished either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
IMO - TATA has to give the cosmetic bits (Dual tone roof, alloy wheels, ceramic inserts etc) standard on every version of the Nexon, more like what Hyundai did with the i20 Active, or Honda with the BRV...
True. There has to be a distinction in the product design for it to appeal. Maybe they figured it too late that the lower spec variants don't take the design ahead well.

Maybe this is the reason the launch has been delayed.

Anyway, hope they come up with decent variants & basic standard safety kit.
GrammarNazi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:02   #369
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, I was expecting a much better looking production version. It is safe to assume that its Brezza all the way unless Tata gambles with the pricing.
Old 30th August 2016, 12:07   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Wow ! Another unique looking tail gate on the Indian roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Honestly, I was expecting a much better looking production version.
Notice the rear of the Nexon again - no rear wiper, no defogging elements (unless they are too minuscule to make out), and the boot grab handle is in black.

I am pretty sure we are looking at the base variant here.

Higher variants will come with better (glossy) black finish, a rear wash + wipe option, and defogging elements in the rear glass panel. And, a boot handle decked in chrome (I am willing to bet).

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th August 2016 at 12:15.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:29   #371
Senior - BHPian

Although the shape of the car could be contemporary, it could be a hit or miss, and not something that could grow over time irrespective of the variants. The subtle edges and creases that make a car an SUV are missing in my opinion. No offense to anyone, it is just my perspective but the production version also looks like an Indica Vista on steroids as someone already mentioned here.
Old 30th August 2016, 12:34   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Notice the rear of the Nexon again - no rear wiper, no defogging elements (unless they are too minuscule to make out), and the boot grab handle is in black.

Higher variants will come with better (glossy) black finish, a rear wash + wipe option, and defogging elements in the rear glass panel. And, a boot handle decked in chrome (I am willing to bet).
At the same time, I can also see the fog lamp and wide tyres. My observation from the past has been that, the base variants don't get the fog lamps and the tyres are slimmer. Maybe this is a pre-production model with a mixed bag of features just undergoing trial.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:46   #373
BHPian

Quote:

Very true ! How can this be a top variant without chrome around ! I feel that the top end will have a fat-long chrome lining in the place of the current black where the logo is right now.

Love the black and silver combo here.

Last edited by peterjim13 : 30th August 2016 at 12:48.
Old 30th August 2016, 13:36   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Very true ! How can this be a top variant without chrome around ! I feel that the top end will have a fat-long chrome lining in the place of the current black where the logo is right now.

Love the black and silver combo here.
Remember GenX Nano doesn't have chrome anywhere around and looks great with black highlights all around (headlights, bonnet, tailgate lip etc.)
Tiago too have comparatively less chrome around.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 18:44   #375
BHPian

Here's my assumptions on Engine-Transmission mating options:

1> Petrol-Manual
This will be the same engine found in Zest with a slightly different tune.
2> Petrol-Turbo
This will be the 120 BHP tune owing to the turbocharger on 1.2L Petrol Engine. This will be seen in Tiago Sports too.
3> Petrol-Auto
We ain't seeing this mate for sure. I strongly believe Tata won't venture into this combination (even with the Turbo) in a segment which demands more sophisticated auto-trannys.
4> Diesel-Manual
This will again be the same engine found in Zest (Fiat's National 1.3L MJD) with the 89 BHP tune. I read in this thread that Tata is looking at a new 1.5L mill but I highly doubt it's timing.
5> Diesel-Auto
My best bet is that Tata will try and cash in on this segment first feature which it unfortunately couldn't with Zest.

What you'll like:
• Great styling, breaking the monotony of the segment.
• Good Engine options which've further been mated with good transmission options. Exciting turbo too
• Great feature list which clearly shows that TATA aims to compete with Hyundai. Not to forget the humongous boot for a Sub 4M car
• A segment first - Diesel-AMT, Driving Modes, Rear AC/Blower, Umbrella holder in door pads, 6 Gears
• TATA has been humbly getting minor goodies from it's luxury brand JLR
• Loads of customizations available

What you won't:
• Mediocre 3-cylinder Petrol. NVH still not upto Hyundai levels
• EcoSport still continues to reign in the passenger safety department with it's 6 Airbags offering
• Tata's after-sales experience remains a gamble.

Here's a rough guestimate

P.S. All Prices are Ex-Showroom Pune (PMC)

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tata_nexon.jpg
DevendraG is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks