Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2017, 11:35   #496
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Maybe discussed earlier but I am curions to know how the boot lid operation works ? There is a handle which is quite low placed as per the pic posted by Ravenavi. Is the boot section 2 piece by any chance ?
The tail-gate cannot be a 2 piece with that design. If it was, the handle would've been raised at least in the centre of the lower/second part of the boot, and then the upper part would come out. It's definitely a one-piece.

I think this should have an automatic actuator(assuming it comes packed with gizmos) for the opening mechanism because the positioning is very awkward for opening the boot, more of a form over function. For the closing action, its perfectly placed where the hands can reach in that groove/pocket neatly.
All this assuming that the Nexon will not be tall enough. If its boot is as tall as Brezza/Ecosport, all my arguments will go in the bin.

This position looks nice though - with auto-opening boot it will be ergonomically perfect(if it comes with one). Not so sure about the lower variants.

EDIT: Is that a camera or a boot request button(highly unlikely) on the tailgate pocket/handle?

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th January 2017 at 17:27. Reason: Thanks. Removing the Hexa discussion from this thread...
shree_shell is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 12:10   #497
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shree_shell View Post

Another proof that a car with TN plates can be a Tata.
This has become a very common thing. Jayem Automotives do a lot of fine-tuning, testing etc. on Tata cars, and hence the Coimbatore (TN 37 etc.) registration.

Jayem Automotives too deserve a fair share of credit for the very good ride & handling package on Tata cars like the Tiago!
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 13:02   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Maybe discussed earlier but I am curious to know how the boot lid operation works ? There is a handle which is quite low placed as per the pic posted by Ravenavi. Is the boot section 2 piece by any chance ?
Quote:
The tail-gate cannot be a 2 piece with that design. If it was, the handle would've been raised at least in the centre of the lower/second part of the boot, and then the upper part would come out. It's definitely a one-piece.
Yes it is a single piece tail gate. Have alook at the video between 1.41 and 2.00, posted by Lateesh at the time of the Auto expo. The whole tail gate (excluding the lights) goes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Have look at the video preview by Autocar, they even got access to preview interior of the same.

Very very impressed with the Tata's effort. Kudos to the whole team behind Nexon.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th January 2017 at 21:15. Reason: Trimming quoted post for better readability
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 16:22   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Test mule caught on video in Pune, courtesy Autospy @ TAI.

Notice the size and street footprint of the Nexon, in comparison to the Innova in front.

Also, a pre-production test mule was caught during the night by a DriveSpark reader.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-051483593011nexonspypic5.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-051483593004nexonspypic6.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-051483592997nexonspypic7.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-051483593025nexonspypic3.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-051483593040nexonspypic1.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th January 2017 at 16:52.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 18:23   #500
BHPian

That looks bigger than what was expected. That's longer than EcoSport for sure. Also, as tall as EcoSport and just tad bit shorter than Innova. I think this is a direct competitor to Creta - in terms of dimensions.

Looks promising.

These screenshots, when the camera guy was holding on the camera angle will make the picture clear.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_20170105181801569_com.google.android.youtube.png  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_20170105181811523_com.google.android.youtube.png  

shree_shell is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 00:34   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That looks bigger than what was expected. That's longer than EcoSport for sure. Also, as tall as EcoSport and just tad bit shorter than Innova. I think this is a direct competitor to Creta - in terms of dimensions...
Nah, this is a "compact SUV" which will be pitted against the Brezza. You can go through all the reports about Nexon and you'll see it's a sub 4m compact SUV. This is what I wrote in the team-bhp car of the year thread after Tiago was declared winner.
Quote:
The moment someone compares Tiago with a higher segment car, it's a win for the company!
You just need to replace "Tiago" with "Nexon" in that statement. TATA has got the design spot on, going with the recent comments.

Was going through this thread again and found a customized version which is HAWT! I really hope there are some customization options for the customer, a black shade would be lovely.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexoncompactsuv.jpg

For comparing street presence, these pictures were attached in one of the previous pages. One with the Xylo & one with the Tiago.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonexterior86719.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonexterior86721.jpg

Found this pic in Autocar's report too, looks like the car is pushed hard in the corner.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon_main.jpg

Quote:
... the multi-drive functions are limited to ‘Eco’ ‘City’ and ‘Sport’ modes, and other than changing the performance and fuel economy parameters, it’s only the ABS and traction control settings (to optimise grip on different surfaces) that can be altered. However, this again will be the first in its segment and certainly a selling point in showrooms
Traction control for Nexon - that's sweet!

Details
: http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...pe=News&page=2

Disclaimer : Pics credit - original owners

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th January 2017 at 00:38.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 01:30   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nah, this is a "compact SUV" which will be pitted against the Brezza. You can go through all the reports about Nexon and you'll see it's a sub 4m compact SUV.
If there is a concrete evidence of this being a sub 4m SUV, then maybe I am wrong. But if they're just speculations then the possibility cannot be denied.

The pictures that you posted to support your claim for comparison between the xylo, etc are not accurate since the relative distance is a lot to include an error.

The one above, the snapshots that I posted comparing the Innova comes closest to accurate comparison. It doesn't look like a sub 4m SUV.
Or maybe it does when I think of that Innova being just 4585mm in length and looking at the road stripes, that difference can be 2ft(600mm) closing in to 3985mm to Nexon. I think I should just shut up and wait for the official figures.
Old 6th January 2017, 01:55   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If there is a concrete evidence of this being a sub 4m SUV, then maybe I am wrong. But if they're just speculations then the possibility cannot be denied...
Nop, not speculations. If you read thru the thread from the beginning, it will all the more be clear. The length of the car is 3995 mm. The only speculation is, TATA could bring in a 7 seater version, later.

Please check this post.

Quote:
...The pictures that you posted to support your claim for comparison between the xylo, etc are not accurate since the relative distance is a lot to include an error.
The comparison intended was for the "road presence" of the vehicle and not the dimensions. It's all about how the design fares against other vehicles on the road or simply put - how does this "look". To me, the Nexon look butch and looks like an SUV unmistakably.

Dimension wise, Xylo is definitely longer.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th January 2017 at 01:58.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 11:12   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nop, not speculations. If you read thru the thread from the beginning, it will all the more be clear. The length of the car is 3995 mm.

Please check this post.

The comparison intended was for the "road presence" of the vehicle and not the dimensions. It's all about how the design fares against other vehicles on the road or simply put - how does this "look". To me, the Nexon look butch and looks like an SUV unmistakably.

Dimension wise, Xylo is definitely longer.
Of course I completely agree with all of that. My only doubt was that it is dimensionally close to Creta, not Ecosport.
In those screenshots too, the car looks deceivingly big! Kudos to Tata for making a butch looking sub4m SUV.
That quote from Mr. Pratap Bose has cleared all the doubts.
(assuming he remains true to his words and doesn't give surprise to the competitors because from the pics, I still cannot digest the 'sub 4m' length of that SUV)

Last edited by shree_shell : 6th January 2017 at 11:13. Reason: punctuation
shree_shell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 16:39   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Test mule spotted at Pune with it's tail lamp sections completely uncamouflaged by TAI member fusion_defusion.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 19:00   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Test mule spotted at Pune with it's tail lamp sections completely uncamouflaged by TAI member fusion_defusion.

The only sore thing visually is the exhaust end can protruding. It looks out of place. Vitara Brezza also has the end can protruding and looks bad. Maybe, its only me. Creta and other SUV's have it very well hidden.
Rest Nexon looks gorgeous, unlike Brezza which is just too bland for my liking.
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 21:32   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Test mule spotted at Pune with it's tail lamp sections completely uncamouflaged
Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
The only sore thing visually is the exhaust end can protruding. It looks out of place. Vitara Brezza also has the end can protruding and looks bad. Maybe, its only me. Creta and other SUV's have it very well hidden.
Wow. That is the ugliest exhaust i have seen in a new car in a long time. Especially considering how good the rest of the car looks, it looks totally out of place. If this remains as such in production version, it is going to be a turn off for many. Hope they rectify this.
deerhunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 22:35   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
Wow. That is the ugliest exhaust i have seen in a new car in a long time. Especially considering how good the rest of the car looks, it looks totally out of place. If this remains as such in production version, it is going to be a turn off for many. Hope they rectify this.
Really?! How many of us really bothered about how the exhaust looks like? If that was so, then the Brezza would have been called the ugly duckling and people would have stayed away. But it isn't so.

The argument would probably be because it's a Maruti which has a better brand name compared to Tata whose A.S.S is horrendous.

Frankly speaking, it may not look odd if you are standing next to it. I'm sure the guy driving a Nexon wouldn't be worried about what the guy in the car behind thinks of the exhaust can.

I said this before. I say it again. Let's wait for the media launch and discuss about the attributes of the car.

No offense meant at all.

Last edited by SDP : 7th January 2017 at 08:20. Reason: Edited as requested
discoverwild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 22:50   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Really?! How many of us really bothered about how the exhaust looks like? If that was so, then the Brezza would have been called the ugly duckling and people would have stayed away. But it isn't so.
First of all, Tata is not Maruti. But even if you compare it with Brezza, the Nexon exhaust looks hideous. I hope they make it atleast as neat as Brezza.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image_4134.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon_edited.jpg  

deerhunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 23:10   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
I don't know the technical jargon here, but from my observation the Nexon has its 'lower-body hardware' quite high/pulled up than average cars. Just look at some of the pics and observe the ground-clearance line and the wheel centre. The centre of the wheel is below the ground-clearance line! This is not the case with Brezza or for that matter most of the cars and SUVs.

Because of that TATA has no space to tuck-in the exhaust-hardware because all of its body is already high enough. But that looks ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post

Frankly speaking, it may not look odd if you are standing next to it. I'm sure the guy driving a Nexon would be worried about what the guy inthe car behind thinks of the exhaust can.

I said this before. I say it again. Let's wait for the media launch and discuss about the attributes of the car.

No offense meant at all.
why does team-BHP post these scoop/camo pics in the first place, and more importantly have special threads discussing it. When the mods don't have any problem, there shouldn't be any problem.
Such discussions, which might turn out to be wrong at times, leads to uncovering the specs and perhaps, whole kundali before the car even gets launched! IMO that's what makes such thread special.
I mean it in the most objective and least belligerent way, so please don't come on me all guns blazing
shree_shell is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks